[ROM][3-15-2011]TPC Inspire 4g Stock ROM Optimized v2|OC|HSUPA|No Bloat

Search This thread

divinewisdom

Nov 23, 2009
I did the same. I pressed on it to open it up then just cancelled. It gave me some reminder about doing the update at a later date when I cancelled and I haven't seen it since - that was a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G

thanks I got that. I was afraid to click it, then it would start the download process. Its cleared now.

slapdaddy

Apr 9, 2008
Louisiana
thanks I got that. I was afraid to click it, then it would start the download process. Its cleared now.

Good to hear. :) ... or read lol.

@Wolf_2

You're using the 1.3.8.3 kernel from Apache...how is it on this ROM? Has it fixed that annoying 100% CPU utilization bug? I'm still on 1.3.8 that was flashed with this ROM and get 100% CPU utilization every 4-6 days and I'll have to reboot the phone.

rdub4nd

Oct 19, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
hey all...im sorry for the noob question but i am on a limited time frame here trying to root and set up two phones to wireless tether for my parents. I have phone rooted with Ace hack kit v11...S-off stock radio 26 06 04 06...and this ROM installed...I still cannot get wired tether to work. Error: tethering not setup on this SIM account...contact ATT....I was under the assumption that rooting and stock ROM was all I needed to unlock tether. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dyne2199

Feb 22, 2011
Mohave Valley, AZ
Google Pixel 4a 5G
hey all...im sorry for the noob question but i am on a limited time frame here trying to root and set up two phones to wireless tether for my parents. I have phone rooted with Ace hack kit v11...S-off stock radio 26 06 04 06...and this ROM installed...I still cannot get wired tether to work. Error: tethering not setup on this SIM account...contact ATT....I was under the assumption that rooting and stock ROM was all I needed to unlock tether. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rdub4nd,

Are you referring to the setup method in post #3 of this thread, (the first question in the FAQs)? I was able to use tethering with no problems using that method. FYI, I do not have the 4GB Tethered Data feature on my plan. I just have the 2GB Data Pro, but I've yet to be dinged by AT&T for using tethering with this method.

bill48105

Jul 12, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Anyone know which build.prop settings need to be changed/added/deleted to get "GSM only" to work? Got it working on my Aria on Gene Poole's Liberated ROM but heck if I can figure out how to get it working on my Inspire after hours of trying different values.

In case anyone is wondering why I'd want to do such a thing, it's because 3G sucks at my house (lucky if I have 1 bar & calls drop as I walk around) but I get full bars EDGE. I'd rather have slower data & consistent calls (or at least the option) but seems ATT is disabling the ability to force EDGE by default. (*#*#4636#*#* testing menu lets me pick GSM only but it stays on HSDPA even if that is selected & even after restart which is exactly what the stock Aria/Inspire ROM's do as do many cooked ones I've tried.) Plus on my Aria I got double the battery life on EDGE vs 3G so figured the same might be true on my Inspire. :D
Thx!
Bill

Reactions: volumnus

Gene Poole

Jul 15, 2010
Brighton IL
Anyone know which build.prop settings need to be changed/added/deleted to get "GSM only" to work? Got it working on my Aria on Gene Poole's Liberated ROM but heck if I can figure out how to get it working on my Inspire after hours of trying different values.

In case anyone is wondering why I'd want to do such a thing, it's because 3G sucks at my house (lucky if I have 1 bar & calls drop as I walk around) but I get full bars EDGE. I'd rather have slower data & consistent calls (or at least the option) but seems ATT is disabling the ability to force EDGE by default. (*#*#4636#*#* testing menu lets me pick GSM only but it stays on HSDPA even if that is selected & even after restart which is exactly what the stock Aria/Inspire ROM's do as do many cooked ones I've tried.) Plus on my Aria I got double the battery life on EDGE vs 3G so figured the same might be true on my Inspire. :D
Thx!
Bill

Since this ROM has an optimized build.prop, and since changing yours back to stock seems to have fixed your aria, I'd recommend going back to the stock build.prop as shipped by HTC and/or the one sent with the OTA update for the stock ROM.

How comfortable are you at adb push/pull commands? That would be the easiest way to do it.

Reactions: bill48105

bill48105

Jul 12, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Since this ROM has an optimized build.prop, and since changing yours back to stock seems to have fixed your aria, I'd recommend going back to the stock build.prop as shipped by HTC and/or the one sent with the OTA update for the stock ROM.

How comfortable are you at adb push/pull commands? That would be the easiest way to do it.

Thanks Gene!

Well the thing is stock Aria rom didn't support GSM Only, that is the weird thing. (Same with the Inspire stock rom) But I see where you are going! That is one of the few things I hadn't tried, mainly because of what I said just there: Stock rom doesn't support GSM Only so assumption was that the stock build.prop wouldn't help me. ;)

adb push/pull is how I was testing other build.prop's that i had made changes to. The part I wasn't sure about was if the changed/replaced build.prop would take effect right away, reboot was required and/or if a full reset was required. (For some reason I thought I tried replacing the build.prop on your rom with adp push and it didn't work and that I had to use update zip & also factory reset but I've tried so many things now hard to keep em all straight! lol)

Anyhow suppose I should try the stock build.prop & see but honestly I have very low hopes as I said above.
Thanks!
Bill

medicbpm

Aug 24, 2007
AWESOME

Thank you seems to run GREAT. Thank you for the effort. Keep up the great work Us old foggies that cant figure out this deep techanical stuff REALLY appreciate it. :D

DeathmonkeyGTX

Oct 15, 2007
Little Rock, AR

Thx!
Bill

I live in Arkansas and am familiar with your frustration. It bothers me enough to where I had to try a crapload of roms and settle with cm7 nightlies. I pirated nearly everything I used on winmo and I actually bought a .cab that switched between 2g and 3g absurdly fast. Usually 5 seconds instead of a minute via comm manager. I haven't seen an android app that can do it that quickly but cm7 has this cool notification bar mod and I have one of those buttons configured to select 2g or 3g, between backlight adjustment and wifi toggle.

I also have hated sense since it was manila 2d betas. On winmo I used spb mobile shell with no 3d crap or animations with a tiny memory footprint. The closest thing I could find for android was zeam launcher. Now that I have 768 MB of RAM in my phone instead of 288 I still don't want dozens of MB's being consumed by eyecandy. I also like to have the apps that I use every day always in RAM.

But, if you have to be able to manually switch between 2g and 3g you can't use an att stock rom, rooted or not. I tried every available means to do that in this ROM and although you can do it it will almost immediately switch back to 3g. I think there are some sense roms i.e. leedroid's that have that button and it actually works/stays on 2g until you uncheck the box in wireless settings. I switched to nosense roms for a week until I found a dialer that would let me dial like I have dialed on winmo since 2005 with T9 support.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

Reactions: bill48105

mateusm

Feb 14, 2011
Is this on EXT4?

Searched only found a post of someone saying they flashed after using attns hack tool kit, witch i believe formats partition to EXT4.

Thanks

Seanbest

Dec 31, 2010
Front Royal, VA
Will this radio work with this ROM?

Radio: 12.59.60.26U_26.11.04.21_M
RIL: 2.2.0160HM

This combo works great for my wife's Inspire where we live and would like to keep it.

TIA

mateusm

Feb 14, 2011
Will this radio work with this ROM?

Radio: 12.59.60.26U_26.11.04.21_M
RIL: 2.2.0160HM

This combo works great for my wife's Inspire where we live and would like to keep it.

TIA

I don't think you'll have any problems, matching RIL/Radio shouldn't bugg, but I'd recommend you not flashing another RIL on top of the one included in the rom, unless you really need to.

PS: This ROM seems to be dead.

Seanbest

Dec 31, 2010
Front Royal, VA
I don't think you'll have any problems, matching RIL/Radio shouldn't bugg, but I'd recommend you not flashing another RIL on top of the one included in the rom, unless you really need to.

PS: This ROM seems to be dead.

Dead ROM is fine, my wife is SUPER picky and NONE of the custom ROMs made her happy so she wants stock, but not as laggy. SO hoping this will suite her.

mateusm

Feb 14, 2011
Dead ROM is fine, my wife is SUPER picky and NONE of the custom ROMs made her happy so she wants stock, but not as laggy. SO hoping this will suite her.

Well then, I'd try it. Backup her current rom and flash it, if the radio doesn't work just recover the old rom. ;)
Let us know how it goes. :)

Seanbest

Dec 31, 2010
Front Royal, VA
Well then, I'd try it. Backup her current rom and flash it, if the radio doesn't work just recover the old rom. ;)
Let us know how it goes. :)

I have her on CoreDroid now. Anything special I need to do prior to flashing? Had her on this modified stock ROM before with this radio combo before and it worked.

I see about flashing this, but not sure which to flash, plus I don't really want to format the entire sdcard as I don't have it backed up atm.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TPC_splash_pg_web_opt_12.png

This is a re-cook of the stock AT&T Inspire 4g rom, done using dsixda's kitchen. there are no changes from the stock rom, other than the ones listed here.

-new boot animation screen, thanks to Wolf_2

-changed build.prop settings to hsxpa=2 to enable hsupa and fix some users not being able to make/recieve calls

-added new 1.6 OC buzzsense kernal, great battery life and plenty of speed(download SetCPU to enable)

-includes busybox and superuser

-unsecured boot.img with full root access and ADB remount

-zipalign all apks

-increased dalvik cache heap size

-fully deodexed

-moved some apk to data/app for market updates

-added up-to-date hosts file and AdFree app...no ads from first boot

-added RomManager and TitaniumBackup latest versions

-added NANO text editor + sysro/sysrw

-added BASH command shell

-updated Google Maps

-allowed install of non-market apps

-removed AT&T bloatware

you need to have the stock AT&T Radio_12.39.60.19_26.06.04.06_M with this rom, you can learn how to flash it here. if you have issues please read the FAQ before you post a question in the thread.

you must have S-OFF for flashing custom roms before you flash this, add the .zip file to your sdcard and flash from CWM recovery after a full wipe.

download TPC Inspire 4g Stock Rom Optimized v2 --- HERE

md5 checksum a503b417ac342bb6ea2ec83484f2ab48

mirror http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23343745/TPC_Inspire4g_stock_optimized_v2.zip

older versions

original v1
    Frequently asked questions

Q. Does this ROM support tethering?
    A. Yes. There’s two ways to do so.
    1. Create a new APN. (Thanks Fixter)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11493471&postcount=193
    2. Download Wireless Tether from the Market. In order to do so you have to put your phone into airplane mode; Menu > Wireless & networks > Airplane mode. After turning on Airplane mode enable WiFi and search “tether” in the market. Enjoy!
    (Data charges are your responsibility :), use wisely).

Q. Does this ROM Support Overclocking?
    A. Yup :D Just flash an OC Kernel. Apache’s and Lee’s have both been confirmed to work with this ROM.
    Apache’s: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=964636
    Lee’s: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991848

Please note in order to overclock you need a control app.
    Confirmed working:
    No Frills CPU Control: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=911917
    SetCPU: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=505419

Q. Can I flash this over my current ROM?
    A. Yup, just use CWM. A wipe of system and data are highly recommended!!!!
    Please use this for a complete wipe. Install from zip in CWM and then install Rom.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=868720

Q. Why does my radio show a U after the 19?
    A. Don't worry, it's normal :) That's because HSUPA is enabled.

Q. Can I use a % battery mod and custom theme?
    A. See post #2 :) Custom themes are in the works, stayed tuned...

Q. Do I need to flash a sound fix?
    A. Nope, see the OP. Everything is stock.

Q. How can I return to stock (unrooted version)
    A. Use the RUU, this will get you back to stock (s-off will remain)
    RUU: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=957692
    ClearD explains in step 2. (Thanks Football for the original link)

Q. What are the benchmark scores on this ROM?
    A. I’m sure you’re aware that benchmarks don’t mean anything compared to real world performance but here goes. This is at stock speeds:
    Quadrant Run 1: 1766, Run 2: 1807, Run 3: 1795
    Linpack Run 1: 40.4…, Run 2: 40.1…, Run 3: 40.4…
    YMMV

Q. Does this ROM support ADB remount (rw)?
    A. Yes it does. One of my favorite features :)

Q. Does this ROM support bootanimation?
    A, Sure does (Thanks Wolf_2), System/customize/resource. Custom bootanimation is now included

Q. My GPS is acting weird. What do I do?
    A. While I, twopumpchump and many others have never experienced GPS Isuues, a few of you have. It’s hard to pin down the culprit but here’s a few things you may want to try.
    1. Make sure you’re using the stock radio and kernel while testing GPS.
    2. Did you wipe data when flashing? If not, do so and reflash.
    3. Try clearing market data and re-open Maps. (Try Maps before Navigation). Menu > Applications > Manage Applications. Under “All” find “Maps” and tap “Clear Data”.
    4. Try reflashing the stock radio (See the OP). You can also flash it by repeating step 5 of the hack kit or extracting it from the radio folder of the hack kit and install it in hboot.

Thanks to twopumpchump (tpc), Wolf_2 and the entire XDA community.
    working themes/mods

supercircle battery mod works great with this rom, as long as you use the online kitchen and upload the framework-res.apk from my rom to be modded.
    Is the link to v2 down?

Here is a link for V2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BZKSQRLI

Hopefully twopump can re-upload his in the morning.

Thx!
    Bill

I live in Arkansas and am familiar with your frustration. It bothers me enough to where I had to try a crapload of roms and settle with cm7 nightlies. I pirated nearly everything I used on winmo and I actually bought a .cab that switched between 2g and 3g absurdly fast. Usually 5 seconds instead of a minute via comm manager. I haven't seen an android app that can do it that quickly but cm7 has this cool notification bar mod and I have one of those buttons configured to select 2g or 3g, between backlight adjustment and wifi toggle.

I also have hated sense since it was manila 2d betas. On winmo I used spb mobile shell with no 3d crap or animations with a tiny memory footprint. The closest thing I could find for android was zeam launcher. Now that I have 768 MB of RAM in my phone instead of 288 I still don't want dozens of MB's being consumed by eyecandy. I also like to have the apps that I use every day always in RAM.

But, if you have to be able to manually switch between 2g and 3g you can't use an att stock rom, rooted or not. I tried every available means to do that in this ROM and although you can do it it will almost immediately switch back to 3g. I think there are some sense roms i.e. leedroid's that have that button and it actually works/stays on 2g until you uncheck the box in wireless settings. I switched to nosense roms for a week until I found a dialer that would let me dial like I have dialed on winmo since 2005 with T9 support.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App