[SOUNDS] Super Stock Ringtone/Notification/Alarm Soundpack

Search This thread

trancestate

Mar 4, 2010
I've created a soundpack for you guys to download made from various android system dumps.

Featuring stock sounds from:
-HTC
-Motorola
-Samsung

enjoy!

Just unzip to your sdcard: (Can't post links cause I'm a new user)
www [dot] mediafire [dot] com/?lmg44nnmfim

Reactions: Paulo SGarcia

Janis

Jul 26, 2006
Minneapolis, MN US
Removing system Ringtones, etc.

Code:
adb remount
adb rm /system/media/audio/ringtones/*.*

Will remove all ringtones.

Code:
adb remount
adb rm /system/media/audio/notifications/*.*

Will remove all notifications.

Code:
adb remount
adb rm /system/media/audio/alarms/*.*

Will remove all alarm sound files.

Root Explorer is worth the couple of bucks on Market, especially for this kind of thing.

For chosing sound files on your SD card (notifications and ringtones) I use RingsExtended, which is available for free on the Android Market. If you prefer a directory structure instead of scrolling through a long list of file names, OI File Manager allows this. If you want to use the default ringtone picker and you have Apps2SD, put your files in:

/sdcard/media/audio/ringtones/
or
/sdcard/media/audio/notifications/
or
/sdcard/media/audio/alarms/

depending on how you want to use them. (I hope that 's self-explanatory. If it's not, too bad. Figure it out. Not to be mean, but I know you can if you put some effort into it.)

Last edited:

Janis

Jul 26, 2006
Minneapolis, MN US
Here's my list of Ringtones, etc There are about 440 in this zip.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mym2vmgyzri

1. I have named all the files shorter than 10 seconds with a prefix of "Alert-"
2. I have renamed all the files from 10 to 30 seconds with a prefix of "Ring-"
3. I have renamed all the files longer than 30 seconds with a prefix of "Alarm-" in hope that people will start waking themselves gently with a ramp up time on their alarm tones. (I may add some files that actually ramp up in volume for the cheapskates who won't spend a buck on a ramping alarm app. I may not. I know how tough it is to have to scrimp a dollar, but I also realize developers work their hineys off for peanuts. If you can support a developer, do, so that those who genuinely can't, like some independent developers, can still have access to decent free apps.)

Not all of the files with "Alert-" on them were intended to be notifications. Many of them were intended to be ringtones. My naming convention is determined by temporal length exclusively, except for a couple of 9-second files. Please feel free to use "Alert-" files as ringtones, as they genereally have a file size of less than 50kb and can be accessed quickly when your phone starts the incoming call process. I used the word "Alert" since it struck me as generic, but still helps define how long the sound file is.

I have converted these to ogg-vorbis format since the Xda-Developers' forum around reducing time before Android phones ring determined ogg was the fastest. I did it with the Windows app "Audacity." If you want to add effects, convert to and from a few widely-used formats, or otherwise manipulate sound files, I strongly recommend this free download: AUDACITY

Most of these are readily available online. A few of them I wrote. Some of them I downloaded and doctored up. My apologies to the authors/composers/developers if I butchered them. If you want credit, please, please alert me. The only reason I didn't give credit is that I didn't know where to put it. OK, yes, I have to apologize to HTC. They are just consistently good in the sound and graphics departments.

EDIT (15 Mar, Mon): I Edited the Metadata so it includes the prefixes. When you're using Rings Extended now, all of the alerts will be together, and all of the rings will be together. If it didn't have Metadata, I left it out so that it'll use the file name. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Janis

Jul 26, 2006
Minneapolis, MN US
Has anyone ever noticed how much alike the iPhone and Tmo stock rings are?

Here's a little something for anyone who wants. It's no *great* shakes, but I figure they can use all the help we can give them. I like these... in an office-appropriate way.

Last edited:

djosiah

May 20, 2009
has anyone got the facebook pop sound that they could post? :)

edit: never mind i found it :p

Last edited:

Formiak

Jan 9, 2011
Poznań
Could anyone tell where exactly is the alarm song from HTC sense which is called "Light" ?

I'm really thankful for doing such a job ;-)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's my list of Ringtones, etc There are about 440 in this zip.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mym2vmgyzri

1. I have named all the files shorter than 10 seconds with a prefix of "Alert-"
    2. I have renamed all the files from 10 to 30 seconds with a prefix of "Ring-"
    3. I have renamed all the files longer than 30 seconds with a prefix of "Alarm-" in hope that people will start waking themselves gently with a ramp up time on their alarm tones. (I may add some files that actually ramp up in volume for the cheapskates who won't spend a buck on a ramping alarm app. I may not. I know how tough it is to have to scrimp a dollar, but I also realize developers work their hineys off for peanuts. If you can support a developer, do, so that those who genuinely can't, like some independent developers, can still have access to decent free apps.)

Not all of the files with "Alert-" on them were intended to be notifications. Many of them were intended to be ringtones. My naming convention is determined by temporal length exclusively, except for a couple of 9-second files. Please feel free to use "Alert-" files as ringtones, as they genereally have a file size of less than 50kb and can be accessed quickly when your phone starts the incoming call process. I used the word "Alert" since it struck me as generic, but still helps define how long the sound file is.

I have converted these to ogg-vorbis format since the Xda-Developers' forum around reducing time before Android phones ring determined ogg was the fastest. I did it with the Windows app "Audacity." If you want to add effects, convert to and from a few widely-used formats, or otherwise manipulate sound files, I strongly recommend this free download: AUDACITY

Most of these are readily available online. A few of them I wrote. Some of them I downloaded and doctored up. My apologies to the authors/composers/developers if I butchered them. If you want credit, please, please alert me. The only reason I didn't give credit is that I didn't know where to put it. OK, yes, I have to apologize to HTC. They are just consistently good in the sound and graphics departments.

EDIT (15 Mar, Mon): I Edited the Metadata so it includes the prefixes. When you're using Rings Extended now, all of the alerts will be together, and all of the rings will be together. If it didn't have Metadata, I left it out so that it'll use the file name. Sorry about that.
    I've created a soundpack for you guys to download made from various android system dumps.

Featuring stock sounds from:
    -HTC
    -Motorola
    -Samsung

enjoy!

Just unzip to your sdcard: (Can't post links cause I'm a new user)
    www [dot] mediafire [dot] com/?lmg44nnmfim