[kernel][non-tmo][qcom][lp] leanKernel: minimalistic kernel v6.3 (tw), v5.2 (aosp)

Search This thread

alexander1995

May 30, 2012
Excuse me sir. I have found some bugs now. This kernel will break the NFC on my n900k, which means the NFC IS TOTALLY NOT WORKING, because it cannot be turned on. Could you fix it?

Sent from my SM-N900K using xda premium

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012
Hi mate looks like the phone does not like oc at the moment it stuttering quite a bit but run at 2.3 it's fine:D

alexander1995

May 30, 2012
Excuse me sir. I have found some bugs now. This kernel will break the NFC on my n900k, which means the NFC IS TOTALLY NOT WORKING, because it cannot be turned on. Could you fix it?

As we all know, the NFC chips is built in the battery of the Note3. So I suspect that the Korean version use a different one compared with International version. Since I know little about the kernel programming, I am unable to fix it and turn to you for help, sir. BTW, how could I start kernel programming?

robifis

Dec 14, 2009
Exeter
OK I had an issue on my 9005 European version.
Flashed fine but wouldn't boot had the red writing "Seandroid" or whatever comes up.

Flashed stock kernel and "Warranty Set bit" remained but booted fine.

danieljamie

Mar 27, 2011
I will give kernel a try later today :) 9005..

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

gattari

Aug 24, 2010
Samsung spot note 3 as capable 24 bit 192 khz.
I read that it's only 48khz for now, neutron player confirm and seems samsungs have done this cause 192 khz high battery use.
I like to see in note 3 real possibility to play 192 khz .
Kernel developer are able to make this note 3 really capable 192 khz ?

_____ quote from headfi forum_____
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, yet Samsung purposefully crippled the Note 3 from playing high rez files. The guy who developed the audio software/back-end had it all set for 192/24*and other rates,yet Samsung nixed it in the production model to output much less. This is why on tests on production models*you can't even... In the end Samsung the company decided the higher rez output*used too much battery and some other processing items. Sorry, not my fault. Please don't blame the messenger. If you have a pre-production version with 'original' software/programming*NEVER update it, as doing so will 'cripple' the audio in the unit according to my VERY reliable source.
-----------------------------------------------

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 con Tapatalk

Last edited:

kalowinta

May 7, 2013
Could you add support for korean version n900k n900s and n900l?

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

working fine on n900k except NFC

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda premium

Thanks for testing that out.. did it change your knox?

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
Thanks for testing that out.. did it change your knox?
flashing recovery, kernel or rom will trip the knox binary counter... and in this case you will need to flash recovery which will trip the counter and then you will flash the kernel so the answer to your question is yes it will trip the knox counter
@Imoseyon welcome to the note 3 section bro, i used your kernel on the gnex and it was pretty good :good:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda premium

alexander1995

May 30, 2012
I dont know. Knox Kernel Lock is 0x0. The other one is 0x1

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Sir, Do please fix the NFC issue soon. I need it sometimes⊙ω⊙

Sirklip

Oct 14, 2010
Have installed this and booted ok on n9005
One question which app do you use for overclocking?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012

Imoseyon

Recognized Developer
Dec 21, 2010
Mountain View, CA
I had a chance to compare 9005 source against 900T. The differences were very subtle and minor, I did notice that on 900T the wifi driver is newer. I'd say it should work fine. If you want me to compare ramdisk between the two, someone send me stock 9005 kernel? I'd imagine ramdisk would be identical between the two. Thanks.

I'll compare 900K next - I can't ignore my Korean brethrens. ;)

KindaJackedForANerd

Mar 21, 2013
So i am on the canadian version. Kernel runs as smooth as a babies ass undervolted to 1055 mv i think i can undervolt even more no reboots nothing antutu 37500 quadrant 25000+ knox got tripped dont mind though as i change phones just as much as i change gfs so were good there thanks dev
Think we can get some gpu ocing going plus maybe some l2 cache ocing too. Thanks. Maybe implement some gpu govenors like simple. Also one thing i noticed in fauxclock and kernel tuner you can set max frequency but then when you reopen goes back to 2.27 glitch? All i know is the benchmarks show that this baby is oced and i am running as cold as ice thanks for all your hardwork donation coming.

Ps my phone is a w8 version its showing 9005 becwuse i flashed this bad boy so it changes the did. I assure you guys runs great on 900w8

Sent from my SM-N900w8 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: mazubo and Imoseyon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    leanKernel is not for everyone. My philosophy is to keep the kernel footprint as small as possible by trimming as much fat as possible, and at the same time keeping it stable, power efficient, and fast. You will find that it's lacking some of the bells and whistles of other custom kernels, so if you like features you came to the wrong thread. :)

The "warranty bit" message at boot is normal.

DOWNLOAD (flash in recovery)
    [lollipop][touchwiz]: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=F1ED4BADFEE3FC02&id=F1ED4BADFEE3FC02!110
    [lollipop][aosp]: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=F1ED4BADFEE3FC02&id=F1ED4BADFEE3FC02!470
    [kitkat] n900t / n900w8 / n900v: http://1drv.ms/1pJPexn
    [kitkat] other n900x devices: http://1drv.ms/1pXzyT1

PREREQUISITE
    Working recovery (you can actually do this without recovery via flashbeta script)
    Knox 0x1 :)

FEATURES
    • overclocked to 2.72Ghz, but max set to 2.2Ghz at boot
    • user custom undervolting
    • updated to latest 3.4 Linux (ie. 3.4.67)
    • interactiveX V4 (screen_off_maxfreq)
    • ondemandX (screen_off_maxfreq)
    • user adjustable panel temperature: -60 to 0, 0 is kernel default (via lkconfig & sysfs)
    • user adjustable panel colors: 0 to 4, 2 is kernel default (via lkconfig & sysfs)
    • lkconfig script (via terminal emulator, superuser required)
    • fix for purple hue/push at low brightness (via panel temperature or panel colors)
    • cpufreq modified to play better with thermal-engine
    • latest Linaro gcc 4.8 toolchain
    • built-in supersu and init.d support
    • fat trimmed and performance tweaks
    • interactive governor updated to latest android source (but ondemand left default)
    • outdated samsung code updated to later CodeAurora source (cpufreq, mdss, gpu, msm-bus, etc.)
    • cpufreq issues fixed
    • exfat support
    • ram console enabled for /proc/last_kmsg for kernel crash debugging

CONFIGURATION OPTIONS
    Open Terminal Emulator, become superuser by typing "su" (without quotes), enter, and type "lkconfig" (without quotes), then enter:
    Code:
    shell@hltetmo:/ $ [B]su[/B]
    root@hltetmo:/ # [B]lkconfig[/B]

leanKernel configurator
    ---
    0) display current settings
    1) panel temperature
    2) panel color
    3) set screen_off_maxfreq
    4) panel brightness tweak

please enter a number (or press enter to exit): 2
    Enter a number between 0 and 4 (2 is kernel default): 2
    Turn off screen and back on (also will persist at boot)

leanKernel configurator
    ---
    0) display current settings
    1) panel temperature
    2) panel color
    3) set screen_off_maxfreq
    4) panel brightness tweak

please enter a number (or press enter to exit): 0

current settings
    ----------------
    1) panel temperature: -25
    2) panel color: 2
    3) screen off maxfreq: 1267200
    4) panel brightness tweak (0 off, 1 on): 1

root@hltetmo:/ #
    You can also use /data/data/leankernel (lkconfig writes to this dir) manually, or write to sysfs nodes directly.

CHANGELOG
    Lollipop: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=F1ED4BADFEE3FC02&id=F1ED4BADFEE3FC02!470
    Kitkat: https://github.com/imoseyon/leanKernel-note3/wiki/Kitkat-ChangeLog

Source: https://github.com/imoseyon/leanKernel-note3

If you want to donate, either donate to your favorite charity or use the link in my profile.
    v2.5 is up: https://github.com/imoseyon/leanKernel-note3/wiki/Kitkat-ChangeLog

Just a maintenance release.

At this point the kernel is pretty mature, IMO. Usually at this point I move onto another device and start active development there (while maintaining older devices) but I've been so happy with my Note 3 I'm not buying another device for the foreseeable future.

----

Those of you having reboot issues on v2.4.1 go back to v2.3 and see if the reboots go away? The last_kmsg that was attached above seems to indicate that the reboot is not kernel induced but that doesn't always mean that kernel is not at fault.
    v3.5 is up: https://github.com/imoseyon/leanKernel-note3/wiki/Kitkat-ChangeLog

Doesn't have NG2 update incorporated yet. I'll be testing those changes soon.