[Guide] Un-brick both (Soft/Hard) bricked Zenfone 2 ze550ml/ze551ml.

Search This thread

Sumit007s

Sep 1, 2015
Unbrick Zenfone 2 ze550ml/ze551ml​
Tutorial how unbrick (save) a cable suspended Zenfone 2 (lost bootloader) absolutely can not use or connect ADB recovery, fastboot to perform the operating system reload. Have to say this is the measure of last resort that you can perform with the Zenfone his second before the machine is required to submit to ASUS support.

How to know that your Zenfone 2 is bricked ?
>> Device can not start, only logo ASUS quite awhile now off. If you use keyboard shortcuts to access cluster bootloader (droidboot), display the cable connection icon which is usually called "the hanging cable."
Device can not connect to your computer regardless of whether in any mode (including ADB, fastboot), this leads to not be able to use ADB fastboot.
Cause: Loss bootloader
Damaged in a bootable partition.
-Most Of the cases are droidboot.img can flash the wrong file by other files as boot.img, recovery.img or get confused by any other machine on the line.
-Case Rare than natural bootable partition defective (not by you impact) or in some cases droidboot.img flash file into the machine suddenly collapsed sources can also occur.

The issue of "hanging cable screen" on Zenfone 2:
-Not Like Zenfone front lines, as his son Zenfone 6 was holding here, he was not sure the cable hanging screens you skipped bootloader, I can still access the bootloader, normal recovery. While on Zenfone 2, once encountered this phenomenon, make sure the machine's bootloader has been lost, this time ADB and fastboot recovery is meaningless.

How to unbrick?
This section explains how unbrick, you do not need sports references may skip and go to parts made right. You are using the Zen series (fone / pad) platform using Intel chips may also refer to similar application for its line, of course, will not be quite the same.

-When Your units with brick Zenfone 2, meaning lost bootloader (in this case), you can not lead to any use fastboot mode to flash the ROM file anymore. Typically, in this case, then one would have to use some special tools to be able to load directly into memory (memory) of the lower level as the bootloader using box, the second in the testpoint or the second machine sprung straight into memory ... However, for the mobile Intel chips sales are done with relatively simple parts, they provide a driver called IntelSocUSB available, when necessary Equipment using bootloader, you could still lose the connection with your computer via lower IntelSoc mode for use in emergencies.
IntelSoc edge-side connection, you also need to use additional software xFSTK Downloader, the tool support is simply loaded bootloader instead of using complex command lines. Unlike the methods used img file, which is when you already have a bootloader, as available "basis" can thus use only 1 img file. In contrast when used xFSTK Downloader you must have 2 file dnx_fwr.bin and ifwi.bin firmware, bootloader file same file simultaneously in the form of a new bin can be loaded into the device.
-Once You have successfully loaded bootloader can easily use tools like ADB fastboot nap ROM or ASUS FlashTool to bring "life" to return to the their Zen2 then.

Perform:
You must perform sequential follow the steps indicated below, a process steps will include many small, you also need to do before the next turn. Since there are many different levels and its brick is just so normal users can not list them all the way, I will try to extend to all cases that may occur, you just follow the sequence guidance, if encountered other problems please cmt for further discussion.

Step 1: Install the driver and connect mode IntelSocUSB IntelSoc
-This Is the driver help with a computer connected to your Zen2 IntelSoc mode as mentioned above. Because of this special driver, on some machines running windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 you can not install the normal way is that to add a little more tricks, not too hard, I'll complete list Under.

1.1 - Install IntelSocUSB
-First, Please disconnect the machine Zenfone your 2.
-Download Driver IntelSocUSB here:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oMRhweQ4CHbURUNk1ZTHI2Mjg/view?usp=sharing

If you're using Windows 7:
Right-click the file -Click iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.2.0 choose "Run as Administrator".
-Make The installation steps as usual until you see a small window "Windows Security" requires authentication settings then click on the "install this driver software anyway"

-After This step, the driver installation is finished, continue to section 1.2 for connecting IntelSoc regime.

If you're using Windows 8 / 8.1:
-On Keyboard press Windows + I to show charm bar bar in the right corner, click on the item setting.
Choose "Change PC Settings" to enter the PC Settings.
Choose the General tab and navigate to Advanced Startup section, continue click Restart now.
This force will reboot windows and allows you access to the advanced mode, in turn selected the following items: Troubleshoot - -Startup Settings Advanced Options and then click the Restart button to restart the computer.
-Continue Press 7 on the keypad to access the installation mode allows drivers.
Right-click the file -Click iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.2.0 choose "Run as Administrator".
-Make The installation steps as usual until you see a small window "Windows Security" requires authentication settings then click on the "install this driver software anyway"
-After This step, the driver installation is finished, continue to section 1.2 for connecting IntelSoc regime.

If you're using Windows 10:
-On Keyboard press Windows + I or click Start, select Settings.
-In The Settings window, select the Update & security.
-Continue Choose recovery and click "Restart now".
-When The computer has access to the Advanced screen, how similar startup with Windows 8 above.

1.2 Connect with computer IntelSoc Zenfone 2:
After driver installation step above 1.1 as successful you are in a window like this, do not click Next yet. Now you must complete step IntelSoc connection before installing xfstk downloader.
-The Device manager: right-click the Computer icon, select Manager, find the device manager.
-In Device manager, to IntelSOC, click the down side, you only see the present only one item is Intel SoC driver.

Ash back to the Zenfone 2, shutdown, press simultaneously the key "source" + "volume +", of course you will see a screen hanging cables.
-Connect to your computer via USB cable, to standard Intel SOC driver position, wait a few seconds if the current add an item immediately below another MOOREFIELD new devices is successful.
-If You have not been, the test performed as follows: turn off the machine, plug the cable into the computer, press the power button until the device vibrates slightly, then release.
-This Is a required step to complete before performing next.
Ash back window IntelSOC earlier installation, click Next and Finish.

1.3 Installing xfstk-downloader:
Download xFSTK Downloader v1.7 here:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oMRhweQ4CHbDNQdy1jVUJFcEE/view?usp=sharing

-Download And install with a setup similar to IntelSoc Driver guided above is, simple installation process does deserve to be noted.
-That's It step 1.

Step 2: Use the Downloader to reload the bootloader xFSTK
This is a tool to support the new bootloader loaded into memory chip straight soc IntelSoc mode.
XFSTK load Downloader v1.7:

-The Necessary files:
ZE551ML: drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oMRhweQ4CHR21YaDdXdUNlOGs/view? Usp = sharing

ZE550ML: drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oMRhweQ4CHcHg4WXJQckFGOTA/view? Usp = sharing

After downloading the necessary files extract to a separate folder 3 file dnx_fwr.bin, ifwi.bin, bootloader.
-Open XFSTK Downloader, first passed MRD tab A0 / B0 + A0 + CRC as shown Moor.
-Then Go to Options to change the value in the Value section Override Flag GP 0x80000807. Click OK is complete initial preparation.
This force remains connected to the phone cable.

Begin the process of loading the bootloader:
+ First in turn selected item Firmware FW 2 cells and IFWI DNX 2 dnx_fwr.bin and ifwi.bin file.
+ Section IFWI: skip the first box, in the box looking to file droidboot_dnx.img.POS_sign.bin Image OS, here is our bootloader files.
Now let's go to the Device Status section below, this section shows the number of connected IntelSoc, you need at least one device is connected. If in step 1 you do succeed, make sure xFSTK Downloader also get equipment, if not retry the connection cable.
Just click on the download button to start Begin implementation.
-Here You may see error faild continuity however kept calm to software performance. Until now informed SUCCESS as shown below, then congratulate you, our problem is almost solved.

The process is loaded bootloader successful restart when you will not see another familiar ASUS screen but instead is a 4 color, just like some TV stations stop broadcasting on TV.
Shortcuts in bootloader test can not yet see. Now you can load the ROM via fastboot mode / droidboot and know.
-If Not know how to do this, see step 4. If the flash ROM or flash via fastboot not finished still not on the operating system, your computer would be heavier than normal, continue to step 3.
-Note: Hanging cable phenomenon will appear again if you are not successful flash ROM. Each drawing shows the cable hanging out, you need to perform this step 2.

Step 3 (if applicable): Using ASUS FlashTool reloaded raw files.
Here's how to load ROM via fastboot mode is considered as the most supportive.
Download ASUS FlashTool 1.0.0.14: the previous version can not support Zenfone 2.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4uMV7GwfDAEYm5RWTFydXZWOTQ

Download firmware for ZE551ML 2.20.40.194 raw format here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0v_vGzEh1G5WU1QTzlTOExIekU/view

Version for ZE550ML 2.20.40.155 raw format here: https://yadi.sk/d/XAUyR8eRtuKdA

Installing ASUS FlashTool resembles IntelSoc describes how to install the above, you also need to fully implement the steps before the installation on your Windows 7.8.10 will not repeat again.
-To Phone droidboot mode / fastboot, connected computer, enable ASUS FlashTool.
ASUS FlashTool -On screen, in the model of your selected device (ZE551ML / ZE550ML). Part wipe data option. Click the button next to wipe data section to find raw files downloaded above.
Below current frame connected devices, if not try to wait for a few minutes, plug in the cord, if not you are required to reinstall the driver IntelUSB (this does not lead his popularity and link again).
-Click Select your device and press the Start button to begin implementation.
Firmware loading process long-range 5 to 10 minutes. Then the machine will automatically boot into the operating system, if successful, congratulations to you.

Note: It is possible at this stage you will not succeed with the process of loading raw files, the software itself runs completely without any notice. If this process occurs too 30p then your job is forced to withdraw cable.
-Mark Whether the file import process may not succeed but at least Flash Tool ASUS sent commands resize partitions, if the command is successful, then the partition on the device has been fixed and you was able to load the ROM type fastboot okay, do the next step 4 preview successful offline.

Step 4: Use a rechargeable Fastboot img file.
The last pitch to bring life back to the two of you here Zenfone.
-There Bootloader means you can use fastboot to flash ROM img format already.
Img -Download the latest ROM for Zenfone 2 here:
-Choose The appropriate ROM version (ZE551ML / ZE550ML) and download all the files in that directory, links to download: mega.nz/#F! K4MHiAgL! DVuOKeH3eokcwPSNI79ffw! Xwc0BJrY

-Use Manager winrar or any unzip the archive file will be system.img system.zip
-Copy Boot.img, droidboot.img, recovery.img, system.img in the folder C: \ adb adb install directory or your.
-file SplashImage here:

fshare.vn/file/2KIL3GQ1NZN2

General similarity copied to the folder with the other files.

Open ADB made the following statement:

Code:
fastboot flash splashimage splashimage.img 
fastboot fastboot flash droidboot.img 
fastboot flash boot boot.img 
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img 
fastboot flash system system.img 
fastboot reboot

Last edited:

nanofives

Jul 6, 2014
La Plata
I have a few corrections that I have to figure out myself in order to get through, I hope these are a translation problems and can be solved easily.
First of all, the links for Z008 (raw image) is misspelled and contains bad characters (the "*"s). And the Fastboot image link is misspelled too or broken, either of them, therefore, I had to look in the index for those.
Then, The Asus Flash Tool AFT the version provided is 1.0.0.7 which is very old and doesn't support our phones, then I had to look up for the newest one (or even compatible) which is 1.0.0.14. Then the flashing instructions in xFSTK are confusing because there are 3 files to flash (explained better on the other post) FW DnX is the Dnx, IFWI is IFWI, OS DnX is blank and OS Image is the droidboot. That is much simpler.
The part of the explanation of how to use the AFT is almost unredeable. It's just simple as choosing the model, choose to Wipe Data (yes), look for the raw image, selecting the phone with its serial number (btw, the installation of the drivers was a little messy since the AFT Install couldn't install them).

Don't misunderstand this reply, this guide was very useful to me, but I correct this for the ones that encounters this problem. I succeed unbricking my zenfone after it went to the USB Logo by itself (I still don't know why would this happens since I didn't touch the fastboot, but it clearly shows that this cases could happen to anyone).

Sumit007s

Sep 1, 2015
I have a few corrections that I have to figure out myself in order to get through, I hope these are a translation problems and can be solved easily.
First of all, the links for Z008 (raw image) is misspelled and contains bad characters (the "*"s). And the Fastboot image link is misspelled too or broken, either of them, therefore, I had to look in the index for those.
Then, The Asus Flash Tool AFT the version provided is 1.0.0.7 which is very old and doesn't support our phones, then I had to look up for the newest one (or even compatible) which is 1.0.0.14. Then the flashing instructions in xFSTK are confusing because there are 3 files to flash (explained better on the other post) FW DnX is the Dnx, IFWI is IFWI, OS DnX is blank and OS Image is the droidboot. That is much simpler.
The part of the explanation of how to use the AFT is almost unredeable. It's just simple as choosing the model, choose to Wipe Data (yes), look for the raw image, selecting the phone with its serial number (btw, the installation of the drivers was a little messy since the AFT Install couldn't install them).

Don't misunderstand this reply, this guide was very useful to me, but I correct this for the ones that encounters this problem. I succeed unbricking my zenfone after it went to the USB Logo by itself (I still don't know why would this happens since I didn't touch the fastboot, but it clearly shows that this cases could happen to anyone).

I will try to update all the links and make my post more clear as soon as possible .
Thanks for doing corrections in my post .

nanofives

Jul 6, 2014
La Plata
Unfortunately, I've encountered some other issues after I succesfully unrbricked my Zenfone. I must say that I quite step away from some of the steps since after I flashed the RAW Image file on the AFT I successfully boot into system. That means I skipped the flashing of the other img droidboot, boot, recovery and system images provided. Then, when I tried to flash TWRP back again, I noticed that even though the flash was succeed, trying to boot in recovery mode lead me back to fastboot mode, pointing out that recovery partition is still damaged. Maybe I need to flash the RAW again to repartition, but since the phone works now I don't want to touch anything again. I can still flash things through fastboot though, the Xposed, the root image, etc. But it seems like I don't have a recovery functional.
The sources for this are still very poor and we need to bring it all the things that the Russian, Vietnam and Chinese forums were posting all this time about the ubrick thing, maybe there's something that I've missed.
Did anyone try to download the system images from that Mega page? I found the link somewhere but the compressed files seems to be corrupted (for the Z008), I would appreciate if anyone else can confirm this.

Reactions: Diguyamgekar

aniruddha007

Mar 13, 2014
issue with serial no.
AFT fail to flash coz of serial don't match with actual serial no. of phone
any solution

nanofives

Jul 6, 2014
La Plata
As this is an error that was not reported when I was reading through all the foreign forums, I have to state the obvious since I don't have a particular answer.
I assume at this point that you have all the proper drivers, therefore the AFT shouldn't recognise the device. So... what I think is, is your phone in fastboot mode? (I mean the fastboot mode with the 4 colours instead of the ASUS Logo). Maybe there could be a failure in the process of unbricking with the xFSTK downloader.

salsav3i

Dec 11, 2011
Add source

please add source bro, this's my tut :D
amtech. vn/threads/un-hard-brick-zenfone-2-giai-phap-cuu-may-cuoi-cung-truoc-khi-den-trung-tam.370362/
remove blank after "."

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

And thanks for translating :angel:

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

it checks for serial no. of device n fails
so i tried to flash twrp.img using fastboot but got an error "flash_cmds error!"
plz help me guys
you can't use fastboot to flash img file because some partitions still have error.
You must use AFT, try check your cable and run AFT as Admin. :eek:

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------
@nanofives
it show the 4 colours because it have no splashimage :)

Last edited:

aniruddha007

Mar 13, 2014
yes its in fastboot mode

As this is an error that was not reported when I was reading through all the foreign forums, I have to state the obvious since I don't have a particular answer.
I assume at this point that you have all the proper drivers, therefore the AFT shouldn't recognise the device. So... what I think is, is your phone in fastboot mode? (I mean the fastboot mode with the 4 colours instead of the ASUS Logo). Maybe there could be a failure in the process of unbricking with the xFSTK downloader.

oh yes its in fastboot with 4 colour

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unbrick Zenfone 2 ze550ml/ze551ml​
    Tutorial how unbrick (save) a cable suspended Zenfone 2 (lost bootloader) absolutely can not use or connect ADB recovery, fastboot to perform the operating system reload. Have to say this is the measure of last resort that you can perform with the Zenfone his second before the machine is required to submit to ASUS support.

How to know that your Zenfone 2 is bricked ?
    >> Device can not start, only logo ASUS quite awhile now off. If you use keyboard shortcuts to access cluster bootloader (droidboot), display the cable connection icon which is usually called "the hanging cable."
    Device can not connect to your computer regardless of whether in any mode (including ADB, fastboot), this leads to not be able to use ADB fastboot.
    Cause: Loss bootloader
    Damaged in a bootable partition.
    -Most Of the cases are droidboot.img can flash the wrong file by other files as boot.img, recovery.img or get confused by any other machine on the line.
    -Case Rare than natural bootable partition defective (not by you impact) or in some cases droidboot.img flash file into the machine suddenly collapsed sources can also occur.

The issue of "hanging cable screen" on Zenfone 2:
    -Not Like Zenfone front lines, as his son Zenfone 6 was holding here, he was not sure the cable hanging screens you skipped bootloader, I can still access the bootloader, normal recovery. While on Zenfone 2, once encountered this phenomenon, make sure the machine's bootloader has been lost, this time ADB and fastboot recovery is meaningless.

How to unbrick?
    This section explains how unbrick, you do not need sports references may skip and go to parts made right. You are using the Zen series (fone / pad) platform using Intel chips may also refer to similar application for its line, of course, will not be quite the same.

-When Your units with brick Zenfone 2, meaning lost bootloader (in this case), you can not lead to any use fastboot mode to flash the ROM file anymore. Typically, in this case, then one would have to use some special tools to be able to load directly into memory (memory) of the lower level as the bootloader using box, the second in the testpoint or the second machine sprung straight into memory ... However, for the mobile Intel chips sales are done with relatively simple parts, they provide a driver called IntelSocUSB available, when necessary Equipment using bootloader, you could still lose the connection with your computer via lower IntelSoc mode for use in emergencies.
    IntelSoc edge-side connection, you also need to use additional software xFSTK Downloader, the tool support is simply loaded bootloader instead of using complex command lines. Unlike the methods used img file, which is when you already have a bootloader, as available "basis" can thus use only 1 img file. In contrast when used xFSTK Downloader you must have 2 file dnx_fwr.bin and ifwi.bin firmware, bootloader file same file simultaneously in the form of a new bin can be loaded into the device.
    -Once You have successfully loaded bootloader can easily use tools like ADB fastboot nap ROM or ASUS FlashTool to bring "life" to return to the their Zen2 then.

Perform:
    You must perform sequential follow the steps indicated below, a process steps will include many small, you also need to do before the next turn. Since there are many different levels and its brick is just so normal users can not list them all the way, I will try to extend to all cases that may occur, you just follow the sequence guidance, if encountered other problems please cmt for further discussion.

Step 1: Install the driver and connect mode IntelSocUSB IntelSoc
    -This Is the driver help with a computer connected to your Zen2 IntelSoc mode as mentioned above. Because of this special driver, on some machines running windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 you can not install the normal way is that to add a little more tricks, not too hard, I'll complete list Under.

1.1 - Install IntelSocUSB
    -First, Please disconnect the machine Zenfone your 2.
    -Download Driver IntelSocUSB here:
    drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oMRhweQ4CHbURUNk1ZTHI2Mjg/view?usp=sharing

If you're using Windows 7:

If you're using Windows 8 / 8.1:
    -On Keyboard press Windows + I to show charm bar bar in the right corner, click on the item setting.
    Choose "Change PC Settings" to enter the PC Settings.
    Choose the General tab and navigate to Advanced Startup section, continue click Restart now.
    This force will reboot windows and allows you access to the advanced mode, in turn selected the following items: Troubleshoot - -Startup Settings Advanced Options and then click the Restart button to restart the computer.
    -Continue Press 7 on the keypad to access the installation mode allows drivers.

If you're using Windows 10:
    -On Keyboard press Windows + I or click Start, select Settings.
    -In The Settings window, select the Update & security.
    -Continue Choose recovery and click "Restart now".
    -When The computer has access to the Advanced screen, how similar startup with Windows 8 above.

1.2 Connect with computer IntelSoc Zenfone 2:
    After driver installation step above 1.1 as successful you are in a window like this, do not click Next yet. Now you must complete step IntelSoc connection before installing xfstk downloader.
    -The Device manager: right-click the Computer icon, select Manager, find the device manager.
    -In Device manager, to IntelSOC, click the down side, you only see the present only one item is Intel SoC driver.

Ash back to the Zenfone 2, shutdown, press simultaneously the key "source" + "volume +", of course you will see a screen hanging cables.
    -Connect to your computer via USB cable, to standard Intel SOC driver position, wait a few seconds if the current add an item immediately below another MOOREFIELD new devices is successful.
    -If You have not been, the test performed as follows: turn off the machine, plug the cable into the computer, press the power button until the device vibrates slightly, then release.
    -This Is a required step to complete before performing next.
    Ash back window IntelSOC earlier installation, click Next and Finish.

1.3 Installing xfstk-downloader:
    Download xFSTK Downloader v1.7 here:

-Download And install with a setup similar to IntelSoc Driver guided above is, simple installation process does deserve to be noted.
    -That's It step 1.

Step 2: Use the Downloader to reload the bootloader xFSTK
    This is a tool to support the new bootloader loaded into memory chip straight soc IntelSoc mode.
    XFSTK load Downloader v1.7:

-The Necessary files:
    ZE551ML: drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oMRhweQ4CHR21YaDdXdUNlOGs/view? Usp = sharing

ZE550ML: drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oMRhweQ4CHcHg4WXJQckFGOTA/view? Usp = sharing

After downloading the necessary files extract to a separate folder 3 file dnx_fwr.bin, ifwi.bin, bootloader.
    -Open XFSTK Downloader, first passed MRD tab A0 / B0 + A0 + CRC as shown Moor.
    -Then Go to Options to change the value in the Value section Override Flag GP 0x80000807. Click OK is complete initial preparation.
    This force remains connected to the phone cable.

Begin the process of loading the bootloader:
    + First in turn selected item Firmware FW 2 cells and IFWI DNX 2 dnx_fwr.bin and ifwi.bin file.
    + Section IFWI: skip the first box, in the box looking to file droidboot_dnx.img.POS_sign.bin Image OS, here is our bootloader files.
    Now let's go to the Device Status section below, this section shows the number of connected IntelSoc, you need at least one device is connected. If in step 1 you do succeed, make sure xFSTK Downloader also get equipment, if not retry the connection cable.
    Just click on the download button to start Begin implementation.
    -Here You may see error faild continuity however kept calm to software performance. Until now informed SUCCESS as shown below, then congratulate you, our problem is almost solved.

The process is loaded bootloader successful restart when you will not see another familiar ASUS screen but instead is a 4 color, just like some TV stations stop broadcasting on TV.
    Shortcuts in bootloader test can not yet see. Now you can load the ROM via fastboot mode / droidboot and know.
    -If Not know how to do this, see step 4. If the flash ROM or flash via fastboot not finished still not on the operating system, your computer would be heavier than normal, continue to step 3.
    -Note: Hanging cable phenomenon will appear again if you are not successful flash ROM. Each drawing shows the cable hanging out, you need to perform this step 2.

Step 3 (if applicable): Using ASUS FlashTool reloaded raw files.
    Here's how to load ROM via fastboot mode is considered as the most supportive.
    Download ASUS FlashTool 1.0.0.14: the previous version can not support Zenfone 2.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4uMV7GwfDAEYm5RWTFydXZWOTQ

Download firmware for ZE551ML 2.20.40.194 raw format here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0v_vGzEh1G5WU1QTzlTOExIekU/view

Version for ZE550ML 2.20.40.155 raw format here: https://yadi.sk/d/XAUyR8eRtuKdA

Installing ASUS FlashTool resembles IntelSoc describes how to install the above, you also need to fully implement the steps before the installation on your Windows 7.8.10 will not repeat again.
    -To Phone droidboot mode / fastboot, connected computer, enable ASUS FlashTool.
    ASUS FlashTool -On screen, in the model of your selected device (ZE551ML / ZE550ML). Part wipe data option. Click the button next to wipe data section to find raw files downloaded above.
    Below current frame connected devices, if not try to wait for a few minutes, plug in the cord, if not you are required to reinstall the driver IntelUSB (this does not lead his popularity and link again).
    -Click Select your device and press the Start button to begin implementation.
    Firmware loading process long-range 5 to 10 minutes. Then the machine will automatically boot into the operating system, if successful, congratulations to you.

Note: It is possible at this stage you will not succeed with the process of loading raw files, the software itself runs completely without any notice. If this process occurs too 30p then your job is forced to withdraw cable.
    -Mark Whether the file import process may not succeed but at least Flash Tool ASUS sent commands resize partitions, if the command is successful, then the partition on the device has been fixed and you was able to load the ROM type fastboot okay, do the next step 4 preview successful offline.

Step 4: Use a rechargeable Fastboot img file.
    The last pitch to bring life back to the two of you here Zenfone.
    -There Bootloader means you can use fastboot to flash ROM img format already.
    Img -Download the latest ROM for Zenfone 2 here:
    -Choose The appropriate ROM version (ZE551ML / ZE550ML) and download all the files in that directory, links to download: mega.nz/#F! K4MHiAgL! DVuOKeH3eokcwPSNI79ffw! Xwc0BJrY

-Use Manager winrar or any unzip the archive file will be system.img system.zip
    -Copy Boot.img, droidboot.img, recovery.img, system.img in the folder C: \ adb adb install directory or your.
    -file SplashImage here:

fshare.vn/file/2KIL3GQ1NZN2

General similarity copied to the folder with the other files.

Open ADB made the following statement:

Code:
    fastboot flash splashimage splashimage.img 
    fastboot fastboot flash droidboot.img 
    fastboot flash boot boot.img 
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img 
    fastboot flash system system.img 
    fastboot reboot
    Zenfone 2 ZE551ML Hardbrick solution 100%

So After 11 hours of downloading several GB of "solutions" for my Hardbricked ze551ml I am gonna share my solution to you people. I have read several forums and posts and it seems that there is a huge number of people that have bricked phones. Both softbricked ( with robot or usb logo) or like in my case hardbricked ( no logo, black screen and only vibration at start).

1. First of all I dont know if i am allowed to post these links here as I am way to exhausted to reade the rules.... So I have to apologise to the members and admins if i make something wrong. If i go against the rules plz tell me so I can fix the issue. I only want to help.

2. I only have the solution for the Ze551ml (Z00A) . The solution Is extremely similar for the ZE550ml too. You just need the corresponding files for your device.

3.I have not made any guides or created any files. The Congratulations go to the people who propably spent way more time and headbanking against the wall to come up with the solution. I am just Transfering their wisdom.

So lets begin. The whole process takes about half an hour but trust me you will bring your phone back to life.

1: You need Some tools to get started with at least taking your phone to fastboot screen.
    As the Thread OP stated in Page 1 :
    a. Disable Driver signature enforcement in windows ( SEE PAGE 1 )
    b. Install IntelSocUSB .
    c. Installing xfstk-downloader.
    d. Get Asus Flash Tool
    e. Search google for the file WW_ZE551ML_2.15.40.13_20150506.raw and download it.
    f. Get the necessary files for your device.

2: Start xFSTK Downloader
    Go to Tab on the bottom named MRD tab A0 / B0 + MOOR A0 + CRC
    Then Go to Options and enable section Override
    Next Change the value GP Flag Overide Value to 0x80000807
    BE VERY CAREFULL. ON PAGE 1 OF THIS THREAD IT SAYS CHANGE TO 0x800000807. THIS WILL NOT WORK AND IF IT WORKS AFTER SEVERAL TRIES IT WILL END UP ON ERRORS.
    YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE VALUE TO 0x80000807 . JUST PUT 4 X 0 AND NOT 5 . THIS WAY FIRMWARE AND OS WILL BE UPDATED NO PROBLEM
    If everything goes well your phone will restart into Fastboot Mode.

3. When this process finishes open Asus Flash tool as administrator.
    a. Choose your phone model from the drop down list on the upper left.
    b. Connect your phone to pc and you should see it listed in the main window of the Asus flash tool with a device number of 1234567890abcdef...
    c. Enable Wipe Data if you want ( Either way its the same. I had nothing to lose)
    d. Choose the WW_ZE551ML_2.15.40.13_20150506.raw file you downloaded.
    e. Select your device from the main window and press start.

Now the tricky point. If you let the process finish its gonna take ages with no success. Since you press start you will see on your phone Fastboot screen that its gonna transfer Data ( blue letters)
    When the phone screen says something like PROCESS FINISHED OKAY then leave the phone pluged in but force close Asus Flast tool.

Reopen Flash tool.
    Select your phone model again from the drop list.
    Now you see that the phone is not recognised by the Flash tool.
    Just keep the Volume up button for 2 sec and you will see it pop up on your Asus flash tool screen but this time with a different Phone Name. ( something like F................)
    Select the WW_ZE551ML_2.15.40.13_20150506.raw file again.
    Select your phone from the main window and press Start.

This time let the whole process finish. It take approx. 5 minutes and the phone will boot normaly.

Now you can apply OTA or update your phone as usual.

I wish I helped as much as possible. Im sorry if i cant get into more details but seriously my head is about to explode...
    Added to index, thanks for your work!
    Yeeeeeppeeeeee.... :)

After hours and hours trying, finally the AFT recognized the correct serial number and I could flash the latest ROM.
    I'm on ZE551ML.

Differences from the main guide:
    1. Use 0x80000807 (and not 0x800000807 with 5 zeros in between) in the xfstk-downloader_v1.7.0.exe command.
    2. Keep the device always on after using xfstk-downloader_v1.7.0.exe.
    3. Start AFT (admin privileges). The only version that worked for me was http://www.mediafire.com/download/bf97od5uengfgak/AsusFlashToolInstaller1.0.0.34.msi (version AsusFlashTool_v1.0.0.14.exe never recognized the correct serial number and never flashed the ROM).
    4. If AFT got your serial correct, I do recommend you wipe data and then flash UL-Z00A-WW-2.20.40.184-user.zip file downloaded from http://www.asus.com/support/Download/39/1/0/13/lON4ZJYERePjiX0w/32/
    Phone rebooted by itself and took a long time (20+ minutes to load) but no problems, it's alive again.

"Drawbacks":
    1. The serial number is not shown in bootloader anymore: it is the infamous 0123456... serial there. But adb commands are working.
    2. I cannot figure out how to flash TWRP. It's not working neither "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" nor trying to use a flash app to that.

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery D:\Downloads\twrp.img
    target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
    sending 'recovery' (5 KB)...
    OKAY [  0.216s]
    writing 'recovery'...
    OKAY [  0.232s]
    finished. total time: 0.447s

But can't enter Recovery... Using "fastboot erase cache" command, as advised elsewhere, did not help.