[OP6T][LATEST 10.3.8] Collection of unbrick tools

Search This thread
Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to my threads for OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T and OP6 as unbrick tools allow to (obviously) unbrick your phone but also to rollback to specific versions of Oxygen OS I decided to search for more and succeeded in that.

I linked to 9.0.11 , 9.0.6 and 9.0.5 packages shared by @iaTa in his thread and by @SpasilliumNexus in his AFH here, rest has been found and shared by me.

As the instructions and Qualcomm drivers are already available here , I don't feel a need to rewrite them.
You can ask questions here on how to use and issues, however I might not be able to answer immediately.

Here are the files uploaded on AndroidFileHost ordered by Android version:

ANDROID 9:

ANDROID 10:

Mirror for first and last MSMs per Android version: https://onepluscommunityserver.com/

Last edited:
Notes for T-Mobile version owners:

It is possible to use Pie EDL packages with patched tool made by @AnonymousTipster available at https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dYuVxnf_J97KPrRt6KEBOjau1BRvtnJQ (download link come from his thread ).

According to @fullofhell , the commands "fastboot erase modemst1" and "fastboot erase modemst2" will turn off SIM lock definitely and allow OEM unlock option to stop being greyed out in developer options (behaviour introduced in OOS versions superior to 9.0.11). That will allow to unlock bootloader and then root/flash custom roms.

Last edited:

ZeroKool76

Oct 21, 2014
Disclaimer: By attempting any of the processes listed in this thread you accept full responsibility for your actions. I will not be held responsible if your device stops working, catches fire, or turns into a hipster and claims to have been modified before it was cool.

Hi everyone, similar to my threads for OP3, OP3T, OP5, OP5T and OP6 as unbrick tools allow to (obviously) unbrick your phone but also to rollback to specific versions of Oxygen OS I decided to search for more and succeeded in that.

I managed to find out 9.0.12 one (which is as of writing the latest available) but also the first one released for OOS 9.0.4 and linked to 9.0.11 , 9.0.6 and 9.0.5 packages shared by @iaTa in his thread and by @SpasilliumNexus in his AFH here

You can find instructions and Qualcomm drivers here.

This is not a support thread: if you have questions on how to use tool or issues please ask in the relevant thread.

Here are the files uploaded on AndroidFileHost ordered by Android version:

ANDROID 9:

Decrypted. Wot?

Reactions: stovo06

Decrypted meaning no longer protected by passwords sorry for the confusion but if you take a look at the previous threads I made you might notice that some of the files are still password protected as OnePlus support don't give you these files already decrypted when they remote to your computer to help you to unbrick your phone -which is quite understandable as they allow to bypass Google Factory Reset Protection-.

ZeroKool76

Oct 21, 2014
Decrypted meaning no longer protected by passwords sorry for the confusion but if you take a look at the previous threads I made you might notice that some of the files are still password protected as OnePlus support don't give you these files already decrypted when they remote to your computer to help you to unbrick your phone -which is quite understandable as they allow to bypass Google Factory Reset Protection-.
Awesome. Thank you for the clarification

gasroca

Feb 13, 2014
London, UK
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
LG G4
The tool is sadly Windows only but you could try to setup a virtual machine with USB passthrough

In the first post perhaps?

Cannot get the device off this screen, no buttons combinations, commands or anything, doesn't get recognised as device either.. Anyone, any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20190510_165055.jpg
    IMG_20190510_165055.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 4,289
G

GuestK00177

Anyone ever come across an open beta msm? And FYI, if you copy Anon tipsters patched msm factory.exe to this tools working directory, it works.

Thanks man

Cannot get the device off this screen, no buttons combinations, commands or anything, doesn't get recognised as device either.. Anyone, any suggestions?

Did you try maintaining power button to force it to shutdown? I don't see anything else that could be done otherwise

That DECRYPTED OOS 9.0.13 link?

Yes

Anyone ever come across an open beta msm? And FYI, if you copy Anon tipsters patched msm factory.exe to this tools working directory, it works.

As far as I know OnePlus doesn't provide any open beta msm tool. Anon tipsters patched msm factory.exe will indeed work however as written here 9.0.11 version must be used if user wish to unlock bootloader as later versions of OOS closed the loophole that allowed T-Mobile owners to do so

Last edited:
G

GuestK00177

Did you try maintaining power button to force it to shutdown? I don't see anything else that could be done otherwise

Yes

As far as I know OnePlus doesn't provide any open beta msm tool. Anon tipsters patched msm factory.exe will indeed work however as written here 9.0.11 version must be used if user wish to unlock bootloader as later versions of OOS closed the loophole that allowed T-Mobile owners to do so

Ok just wondering about the beta. Through my extensive testing the past few months I discovered No, they only patched the loophole if one has not first converted then did fastboot erase modemst1 then fastboot erase modemst2.. then the thing that causes oem unlock to be greyed for users using msm 12 and up is disabled. Those commands turn off sim lock in the hardware.once that is done one time. Users can simply copy the patched msm exe to every new additional msm tool directory. After erasing those both at least one time after a first conversion with 9.011, u can have the device fully international and every tool allows it to work. I discovered the greying out and disabling of oem unlock starting with 9.0.12 and discussed it in various threads and people didn't pay attention to it lol. Erasing modemst1 and modemst2 simply turns off the lock. For good. Then if u check engineer mode it says sim lock off and that's even if u never used a bin. This supercedes that even. So maybe update the first post to include that is a confirmed way to cement your conversion without the issue of simlock and a voiding of the 9.0.11 bootloader unlock workaround. This is permanent and once u do so any msm furthermore works to allow bootloader unlock

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

If u haven't fixed yet, your partitions are derped. Power off and run msm. Or just run a fastboot rom to fix. When that happens just msm, it's the quickest. And if u do as I explained above u can just use the newest msm and not have to upgrade..

Last edited:
Ok just wondering about the beta. Through my extensive testing the past few months I discovered No, they only patched the loophole if one has not first converted then did fastboot erase modemst1 then fastboot erase modemst2.. then the thing that causes oem unlock to be greyed for users using msm 12 and up is disabled. Those commands turn off sim lock in the hardware.once that is done one time. Users can simply copy the patched msm exe to every new additional msm tool directory. After erasing those both at least one time after a first conversion with 9.011, u can have the device fully international and every tool allows it to work. I discovered the greying out and disabling of oem unlock starting with 9.0.12 and discussed it in various threads and people didn't pay attention to it lol. Erasing modemst1 and modemst2 simply turns off the lock. For good. Then if u check engineer mode it says sim lock off and that's even if u never used a bin. This supercedes that even. So maybe update the first post to include that is a confirmed way to cement your conversion without the issue of simlock and a voiding of the 9.0.11 bootloader unlock workaround. This is permanent and once u do so any msm furthermore works to allow bootloader unlock

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

If u haven't fixed yet, your partitions are derped. Power off and run msm. Or just run a fastboot rom to fix. When that happens just msm, it's the quickest. And if u do as I explained above u can just use the newest msm and not have to upgrade..

facts tho i prefer fastboot method, just remove the windows related **** from the bat and copy paste.
@fullofhell where is your repo

G

GuestK00177

facts tho i prefer fastboot method, just remove the windows related **** from the bat and copy paste.

@fullofhell where is your repo

Yeah that's what I do

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

I made a bunch of scripts for Debian bases distros.. i use newest pop os...wonder if we could port msm over somehow...lol

Yeah that's what I do

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

I made a bunch of scripts for Debian bases distros.. i use newest pop os...wonder if we could port msm over somehow...lol

I typically run Arch or a derivative but its all the same, I'd help with whatever I could.

Just to be sure, that engineer mode can be accessed from *#808# and SIM lock section is when swiping to the right, in "Others column"? It is like that on my 5T (see screenshot) but I don't know if it's same on a converted 6T

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts