[ROM][I317/t0lteatt][lollipop/5.0.2][UNOFFICIAL]CyanogenMod 12(1/10/2015)

Search This thread

Joshua Mr PC Repair

Mar 7, 2012
Vancouver BC
Okay... Did a new build... This should fix some soft reboots, the first boot setup keyboard issue, some of the camera issues and maybe a few other issues. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95863780491132977

There's over 200 downloads for the first build, so it seems a fair few have given it a try. Thank y'all for that. Just keep in mind, this is still an alpha stage ROM, so there will still be issues and errors, but hopefully, they'll be few enough to make it usable. Have a good one!

Dirty flash or clean ?

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
Just wanted to let y'all know... After almost a day of running my 12/18 build, I am noticing my battery life has vastly improved, at least while idle. During screen on, it seems to be reasonable as well, but while idle, it's seems to be at least as efficient as when I was running KitKat. I don't know if the improved battery life is from an unexpected fix in the new build, or because I've turned off the Adaptive Brightness, but either way, it's a good thing to see if ya ask me. I've turned Adaptive Brightness back on, to see what effect it will have. Is anyone else noticing any better battery life out of the new build? Let us know.

Have a good one!

Joshua Mr PC Repair

Mar 7, 2012
Vancouver BC
Just wanted to let y'all know... After almost a day of running my 12/18 build, I am noticing my battery life has vastly improved, at least while idle. During screen on, it seems to be reasonable as well, but while idle, it's seems to be at least as efficient as when I was running KitKat. I don't know if the improved battery life is from an unexpected fix in the new build, or because I've turned off the Adaptive Brightness, but either way, it's a good thing to see if ya ask me. I've turned Adaptive Brightness back on, to see what effect it will have. Is anyone else noticing any better battery life out of the new build? Let us know.

Have a good one!

Mine says 7 hours 38% so ill let you know

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
My preliminary results show significant battery drain when Adaptive Brightness is active, even with screen off and idle. Perhaps, if anyone running a lollipop build is having battery issues, they should shut off Adaptive Brightness to see how that may help.

Have a good one!

drifter006

Nov 10, 2013
Algiers
SO guys, I have a problem, I have a i317m, but in flashing it says I have a t03g, when I check the specs on the about phone it says t0lte.. all roms t0lte won't work on my phone. i get status 7. I fix status 7 and i get status 6... apparently my path (/mmcblk0p13",) is only supported by the note 2 n7100, but mine is the note 2 1317m with this path, and it supports lte. let me just mention that the only lte rom it supported was the one before this i.e. the cm11 which had the path (/mmcblk0p13",) but it gave me status 7, which i fixed and it worked, except my phone kept glitching everywhere... I don't know what to do now....... HELPPPPP!!

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

SO guys, I have a problem, I have a i317m, but in flashing it says I have a t03g, when I check the specs on the about phone it says t0lte.. all roms t0lte won't work on my phone. i get status 7. I fix status 7 and i get status 6... apparently my path (/mmcblk0p13",) is only supported by the note 2 n7100, but mine is the note 2 1317m with this path, and it supports lte. let me just mention that the only lte rom it supported was the one before this i.e. the cm11 which had the path (/mmcblk0p13",) but it gave me status 7, which i fixed and it worked, except my phone kept glitching everywhere... I don't know what to do now....... HELPPPPP!!

Ok to put it in simpler terms, my phone is an lte phone that only supports 3g roms, and the 3g roms won't show my sim card network because the sim card works on lte. don't know if the devs here know how to fix that little problem

Voyebanm

Oct 29, 2012
Ottawa

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Ok to put it in simpler terms, my phone is an lte phone that only supports 3g roms, and the 3g roms won't show my sim card network because the sim card works on lte. don't know if the devs here know how to fix that little problem

I am not sure what you are talking about. I have the exact same phone on Chatr (Rogers) in Ottawa and I don't have that issue.

silvertag

Sep 18, 2009
Montreal

I have the i317m from Rogers also and no issue here.

What ROM are you on currently?
Any custom kernel installed?
What version of recovery are you using?

Try this:

-Wipe cache, then Dalvik
-Wipe Data
-Flash ROM
-Reboot recovery only (No phone reboot, just select reboot recovery from the menu)
-Flash ROM again (Did it work this time ?)

drifter006

Nov 10, 2013
Algiers
I have the i317m from Rogers also and no issue here.

What ROM are you on currently?
Any custom kernel installed?
What version of recovery are you using?

Try this:

-Wipe cache, then Dalvik
-Wipe Data
-Flash ROM
-Reboot recovery only (No phone reboot, just select reboot recovery from the menu)
-Flash ROM again (Did it work this time ?)
So I figured it out. My phone is a i317m that was originally telus. It is the 3g version but the baseband is in LTE format. The path for both the system and data files are different than your normal LTE phones aka t0lte or whatever. So most old and all t03g Roms have the old path /mm...etc. While all the new Roms except those for the 3g note have the new paths. I just had to change the paths for the LTE Roms to one that matches my phone and everything was fine. Thanks anyway.

miji2

Oct 12, 2010
Toronto
Xiaomi Mi 8
Lenovo Z5 Pro GT
In the CM12 for the i605 thread, fkfmfz posted a gps fix. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57625727&postcount=107 I tried it, and it does seem to help fix the gps issues, but for 2 hours on idle, my battery level did not drop, so I'm afraid it might be messing with the battery sensor somehow... Or maybe it's just the perfect fix for lollipop... Hmmm...

Have a good one!

Saw that as well. I've taken the liberty of cleaning up his/her ZIP to remove some KK-gapps and facelock related stuff from it, focusing strictly on minimal set of files to fix the GPS issue. I'm attaching the cleaned up files here. hwonly is the minimum required to get GPS signal. hw+config also includes gps config files which may or may not improve anything. Full credits go to @fkfmfz , I'm just a janitor.

This zip file rolls back a bunch of GPS/location related stuff to an earlier version. It should work in other lollipop ROMs as well, but I had no time to test it yet. The GPS signal does seem to drop occasionally, not sure the effects on long-term usage. Also, the location mode must be in high-accuracy, otherwise GPS Test does not pick up any satellites.

Lastly, PLEASE NOTE: the zip file doesn't do model verification before flashing, and I'm not sure where the gps libs files actually come from, so use with caution.

Attachments

• gps.fix.test1.lollipop.n7105-v5-hwonly.zip
    276.7 KB · Views: 2,191
  • gps.fix.test1.lollipop.n7105-v5.1-hw+configs.zip
    278.9 KB · Views: 5,434

AzraelsKiss

Apr 16, 2011
Owenton, KY
Saw that as well. I've taken the liberty of cleaning up his/her ZIP to remove some KK-gapps and facelock related stuff from it, focusing strictly on minimal set of files to fix the GPS issue. I'm attaching the cleaned up files here. hwonly is the minimum required to get GPS signal. hw+config also includes gps config files which may or may not improve anything. Full credits go to @fkfmfz , I'm just a janitor.

This zip file rolls back a bunch of GPS/location related stuff to an earlier version. It should work in other lollipop ROMs as well, but I had no time to test it yet. The GPS signal does seem to drop occasionally, not sure the effects on long-term usage. Also, the location mode must be in high-accuracy, otherwise GPS Test does not pick up any satellites.

Lastly, PLEASE NOTE: the zip file doesn't do model verification before flashing, and I'm not sure where the gps libs files actually come from, so use with caution.

Thank you... I was going to try to clean up the zip later, when I have time, but ya beat me to it.

Have a good one!

farmercyst

Nov 28, 2010
@miji2 thanks for the cleaned up GPS fix. I flashed the zip with he files only on my i317 and I have GPS again. I get a fix in a few seconds in GPS test with location settings as high accuracy AND device only.

greddy91

Mar 28, 2007
Screen Mirroring

Still in love with this ROM.

Battery life went a full day and a half with moderate usage. Looking at getting a larger battery for a real shot at three days of usage.

Testing the GPSfix today. We went to a Christmas party in a new addition and my g/f's apple maps lead us to an empty field. Maps on mine showed the exact destination, but the GPS was in limbo so we had to use it the old fashioned way.

EDIT: GPS Fix was sideloaded and confirmed restoral of satellite lock has returned. AWESOME WORK!!!

Any plans to assure screen mirroring functionality like the AOSP ROMs have on the Nexus Devices?

Last edited:

farmercyst

Nov 28, 2010
@farmercyst , that's interesting because for me to sat forever when it was in Device only .. so I gave up. Maybe I didn't wait long enough?
It will never cease to amaze me how differently hardware acts for devices that are supposed to be the same. I would try the GPS fix on another ROM but I don't have a compelling reason to try another one. GPS was the last thing holding me back from lollipop, without GPS, I would have no ingress and that is unacceptable lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm uploading a build of CyanogenMod 12 for the t0lteatt I've built. This build is still very alpha, so not everything will work as expected, but much of the basic functionality is there and this may be capable of being a daily driver for those who have to live on the bleeding edge. I'm not sure how long I'll work on keeping the build updated, but it looks like I'll be working on it for now. Hope y'all like it.

Known Issues:
    • Battery life may be shorter than normal (Turning off Adaptive Brightness will greatly help with battery life)
    • Netflix and other DRM protected apps do not work.
    • Media sharing services, such as Snapchat, may not work or may have issues.
    • Twitch may not work.
    • Bluetooth can be sorta glitchy.
    • And much, much more (As stated, this build is very alpha, so issues can be expected)

Instructions:
    1. Download ROM here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=22696
    2. Download GAPPS here: http://xdaforums.com/paranoid-android/general/gapps-official-to-date-pa-google-apps-t2943900
    3. Reboot into recovery
    4. Full wipe: Wipe cache, dalvik, wipe data/factory reset, clean to install a new rom, format system.
    5. Flash ROM downloaded above.
    6. Flash GAPPS downloaded above.
    7. Reboot into system.
    8. Let the system rest for a bit and settle in. (It seems the system can be a bit temperamental if you try to use it too soon... At times.)
    9. If things don't work after letting the ROM settle, you may need to reboot a couple of times for everything to work properly.
    10. Enjoy the lollipop goodness!

I would like to give thanks to the following:
    sbrissen, DerTuefel1980 and all other contributors (I know I'm missing a lot, but they're the only ones I can think of right off hand, so I appologize to anyone who deserves mentioning for not mentioning y'all by name, and swear yall have my deepest respect) for their contributions to developing and maintaining the t0lte and related device trees that eventually allowed lollipop to be built for our device.

Ivan_Meler for the original camera fix http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2/orig-development/cyanogenmod-12-alpha-1-n7100-t2949644

mr.nth.na.vn for his work-around to get sbrissen's i605 build to work correctly on t0lte.

Voyebanm for his posts and links which helped me to find the answers I needed.

fkfmfz for his gps fix that I have baked into the ROM and miji2 for cleaning up the fix.

And all the developers, maintainers and contributors of CyanogenMod in their pursuit of advancing and freeing all our android based devices.

If you would like to read more about the development of CyanogenMod, you can find extra information at the following links.
    CyanogenMod: http://www.cyanogenmod.org/
    CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/
    CyanogenMod Source: https://github.com/CyanogenMod
    CyanogenMod Code Review: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/

Other threads on XDA I found useful:
    CM12 for T0LTE by Voyebanm: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2-att/development/cm12-t0lte-t2967836
    [Rom] [alpha] [Unofficial] CM12.0, malir3p2 [20141214] by DerTuefel1980: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2/development-n7105/rom-cyanogenmod-12-0-malir3p2-build1-t2958358
    [12/12]{CM12-Unofficial} T0lte-Everything Almost Work+Incall by mr.nth.na.vn: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2/development-n7105/rom-10-12-14-cm12-unofficial-data-t2969067
    [ROM][I605]Cyanogenmod 12.0 [12/12/14] by sbrissen: http://xdaforums.com/note-2-verizon/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-12-0-t2967940

Have a good one!
    In the CM12 for the i605 thread, fkfmfz posted a gps fix. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57625727&postcount=107 I tried it, and it does seem to help fix the gps issues, but for 2 hours on idle, my battery level did not drop, so I'm afraid it might be messing with the battery sensor somehow... Or maybe it's just the perfect fix for lollipop... Hmmm...

Have a good one!

End of the road

Now that my build rig is making the long, agonizing cross-country journey to sunny California, to be ripped apart by a bunch of trained monkeys that don't know their MXMs from their M.2s, I am forced to accept that I may not see it again for up to a couple of months. In just the few days I've been without my primary system, a lot of changes have been made to CM12, with who knows how many to be coming before I get it back. On top of all that, I'll have to completely rebuild my build environment, as well as any changes I had made to my local branch. So...

I recommend everyone migrate to the official t0lte CM12 nightly at http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=t0lte or the unofficial t0lte CM12 build at http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-2/development-n7105/rom-unofficial-build-linaro-t2997775 or one of the many other exceptional custom lollipop builds available.

I had never really meant to build for this ROM for this long, so it was just a matter of time before I'd stop building it anyways. The t0lte CM12 build is fully compatible with the I317 and it is being actively built with all the most recent commits, so y'all should be just fine with it. I don't know what could happen if you dirty flash to it, but it's possible that there wouldn't be too many issues, because it should use most all of the code that I was using for this build. Basically, I would recommend as I always do... If a dirty flash causes issues, please clean flash before reporting them.

Thank y'all for everything and I hope y'all have a good one!
    Yet another update

I wasn't going to post another update so soon, but I got bored and baked the gps fix into the ROM, and figured... Why not upload it? So I did. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95864024717068591 The main "noticeable" update is that you shouldn't need to flash the gps update separately after you flash this build. I've baked it into the ROM and it's working for me, so I hope everyone has a similar experience. I've also changed my recommended GAPPS to PA-GAPPS as of this build. You can find the link in the OP. Other than that, I haven't found too much else that has changed on the front-end from the last build, so it might not be necessary to update if you're running my 12/20 build.

Have a good one!
    Okay... Did a new build... This should fix some soft reboots, the first boot setup keyboard issue, some of the camera issues and maybe a few other issues. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95863780491132977

There's over 200 downloads for the first build, so it seems a fair few have given it a try. Thank y'all for that. Just keep in mind, this is still an alpha stage ROM, so there will still be issues and errors, but hopefully, they'll be few enough to make it usable. Have a good one!