GO Keyboard V0.0.7【GO DEV TEAM】

Search This thread

humouse

Feb 13, 2008

:D:DGO Keyboard can make your typing fast and smart. It is a must choice of Android mobile phone.:cool::cool:

Version:0.0.7
Updated contents:
1、Add the multi-point touch keyboard
2、Perfect "mailbox" and "site" model keyboard layout
3、Customize the transparency of your keyboard in Settings
4、Perfect the Enlish dictionary
5、Add key "enter"
6、Repair the setting menu's invalid options

Main features:
1. Predict in multiple languages and keyboard layouts
2. Has accurate dictionaries
3. Smart to set skin and back ground
4. Import contacts
5. Import SMS
*Auto-memory and correct as you type

**Start GO Keyboard
First step: after download GO Keyboard, go into the “menu”, find out “language and keyboard” in settings, choose GO keyboard.
Second step: long press any input box until popup a menu, choose “Input method”, choose “GO Keyboard”

Supported languages:
English
German (DE)
French (FR)
Spanish (ES)
Italian (IT)
Portuguese (PT)
There will be more multiple languages that we are going to predict.
More fascinating, more freedom is our destination.
If you have any question or suggestion, please contact us by email, thank you!

Android Market Link:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jb.gokeyboard

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Reactions: flo09 and black850i

babyfacedkayos

Jul 27, 2006
new york city
Trust??

Can we trust the Go Dev Team? its all ad free, free software from an anonymous chinese team, that has access to our contacts, home screen, now what we type.
I dont know if I can trust them. How is any of this monetized?

ericlaw02

Mar 5, 2011
I somehow find it a bit ironic that how a Chinese dev team produces a keyboard app that doesn't even supports Chinese itself?

MilkPudding

Jan 21, 2010
Can we trust the Go Dev Team? its all ad free, free software from an anonymous chinese team, that has access to our contacts, home screen, now what we type.
I dont know if I can trust them. How is any of this monetized?

I've been wondering this for quite some time too as much as I love Go SMS.

Why would somebody on the other side of the Earth care who you make dinner plans with?
'Coz a keyboard can save all the passwords and personal info that you've ever typed?

DiscoPh3v3r

Oct 30, 2010
I dont really get why it needs to be monetized? It's free to post things in the android market, so I don't see why they would NEED money. But I guess you'll just have to take this with a grain of salt.

I like it, but it's a bit slow AND has no smiley button :(

chadness

Mar 29, 2011
I dont really get why it needs to be monetized? It's free to post things in the android market, so I don't see why they would NEED money. But I guess you'll just have to take this with a grain of salt.

The worry is because they have a very wide range of high quality apps, that between them have access to lots of personal data. The apps have been really good, but there is always the question of why is it developed for free? How do you recover the cost of the time spent? They seem like so much more than just hobbyist free apps.

Here's a quote from one of them from a Go Contacts thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12180685&postcount=42
First of all, I totally understand your concern about the application permission and thank you for your feedback!

GO Dev Team is part of the development teams from the well-known mobile Internet company, 3G Portal (aka 3G.cn). GO Dev Team is dedicated for Android based application development.

3G.cn ranks the #1 mobile portal website in China, with ~30 million daily active users and near 1 billion overall page views. They devolped quite a lot application started from Symbian/KJava/Windows mobile age since 2005, all FREE for use. Their business model comes from mobile website and its related paid service, such as online advertisement, VIP reading, mobile B2C and business solutions.
In China, 3g.cn is a very reliable source of news/sports/entertainment info and mobile applications.

As of permissions, GO Dev Team tried to remain minimized. For better user experience, we included version check and necessary notification module, which requires Internet access to our server. As of Contact access, that's what we cannot bypass for SMS and Contacts software.

We will keep our application Free (even for so-called Extra versions). If possible, upon request like some of user already did, we will think about open a donation channel, OR even make some paid extra themes, but again, monetization is not our priority.

Any question or concern , please let us know goforandroid@gmail.com
[Might not be able to reply everyone but we do listen]

Millions of users are using -- GO Laucher, GO SMS, GO Contacts, GO Weather, GO Touch Chinese, GO Browser Chinese and more

Hopefully that helps. Sounds like it's similar to why Google has free apps - to get mind share and people using your paid products, which for them is their mobile portal. Those of us not not in China get to reap the benefits of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiscoPh3v3r

DiscoPh3v3r

Oct 30, 2010
The worry is because they have a very wide range of high quality apps, that between them have access to lots of personal data. The apps have been really good, but there is always the question of why is it developed for free? How do you recover the cost of the time spent? They seem like so much more than just hobbyist free apps.

Hopefully that helps. Sounds like it's similar to why Google has free apps - to get mind share and people using your paid products, which for them is their mobile portal. Those of us not not in China get to reap the benefits of that.

Wow, thats really cool +1 thanks :)

djyosnow

Feb 21, 2006
Version 0.0.8

I'm on my droid incredible Ginger Bread Evervolv rom. The keyboards behavior is horrible. Upon install I did get the back ground changed once and then did a re-boot. I'm now having no luck with the back ground. (user defined & copy .jpg in corresponding folder) Also why does it put EN icon in the statues bar, I don't think it's needed.

I always say there is room for improvement. So I can't wait for many to follow! It's just okay at best this far. Now with usage~Handcent it just does one letter and pulls down...it's not even usable. WTF

Last edited:
G

GuestK0083

Well...i took a closer look at google's search...i found almost nothing which would identify the "go dev team".

Nobody would ever make someone a present just because he is such a nice guy. so i don't trust the go dev team at all. it seems too pretty to be true.

- An absolutely free SMS Pro App with a huge bunch of features, better than Handcent!
- free dialer/contacts app
- free launcher (great, better than sense!)

Who pays it? Where is their "privacy policy"...and...even if 10 million people in China use 3g.cn and the go dev teams products, it proves nothing! China has 1,2 billion inhabitants, 10 million are just nothing.

As long as i don't know if the "Go dev Team" is honourable and respectable, i will not use one of their products. I don't want to see my data go to china (and elsewhere! for the same reason i do not use launcher pro...)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

:D:DGO Keyboard can make your typing fast and smart. It is a must choice of Android mobile phone.:cool::cool:

Version:0.0.7
    Updated contents:
    1、Add the multi-point touch keyboard
    2、Perfect "mailbox" and "site" model keyboard layout
    3、Customize the transparency of your keyboard in Settings
    4、Perfect the Enlish dictionary
    5、Add key "enter"
    6、Repair the setting menu's invalid options

Main features:
    1. Predict in multiple languages and keyboard layouts
    2. Has accurate dictionaries
    3. Smart to set skin and back ground
    4. Import contacts
    5. Import SMS
    *Auto-memory and correct as you type

**Start GO Keyboard
    First step: after download GO Keyboard, go into the “menu”, find out “language and keyboard” in settings, choose GO keyboard.
    Second step: long press any input box until popup a menu, choose “Input method”, choose “GO Keyboard”

Supported languages:
    English
    German (DE)
    French (FR)
    Spanish (ES)
    Italian (IT)
    Portuguese (PT)
    There will be more multiple languages that we are going to predict.
    More fascinating, more freedom is our destination.
    If you have any question or suggestion, please contact us by email, thank you!

Android Market Link:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jb.gokeyboard

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php

First of all, I totally understand your concern about the application permission and thank you for your feedback!

GO Dev Team is part of the development teams from the well-known mobile Internet company, 3G Portal (aka 3G.cn). GO Dev Team is dedicated for Android based application development.

3G.cn ranks the #1 mobile portal website in China, with ~30 million daily active users and near 1 billion overall page views. They devolped quite a lot application started from Symbian/KJava/Windows mobile age since 2005, all FREE for use. Their business model comes from mobile website and its related paid service, such as online advertisement, VIP reading, mobile B2C and business solutions.
    In China, 3g.cn is a very reliable source of news/sports/entertainment info and mobile applications.

As of permissions, GO Dev Team tried to remain minimized. For better user experience, we included version check and necessary notification module, which requires Internet access to our server. As of Contact access, that's what we cannot bypass for SMS and Contacts software.

We will keep our application Free (even for so-called Extra versions). If possible, upon request like some of user already did, we will think about open a donation channel, OR even make some paid extra themes, but again, monetization is not our priority.

Any question or concern , please let us know goforandroid@gmail.com
    [Might not be able to reply everyone but we do listen]

Millions of users are using -- GO Laucher, GO SMS, GO Contacts, GO Weather, GO Touch Chinese, GO Browser Chinese and more