[12.11.2007.] Shamanix`s Grass v1.3 - Based on Schaps 4.01

Search This thread

Shamanix

Jun 5, 2006
Yes.. don`t use advanced config to change Comm Manager... It doesn`t work!

If you want some other Comm Manager just install it via CAB..

CAB Addons will be posted in 2nd post, but I am looking to update them to newest versions before uploading them..

zim2dive

Feb 15, 2007
NC
I fear this will fall into the newbie/idiot/too-lazy-to-search category :) but...

so I upgraded from Black Satin to Grass... fastest of the (3?) ROM upgrades I've done by far.

One oddity.. during the boot process (from soft reset), the first splash screen I see still shows a reference to the Black ROM.. am I missing something...

That aside, the ROM upgrade finished and I am re-installing apps. Looking forward to my 1st upgrade in several months! Many thanks for the ROM!

EDIT: I found this patch http://rs54.rapidshare.com/files/21914209/Mi_MediaSupportv2.cab in the Prophet forums. Some seems to indicate it might screw with the camera app, but that's not an issue for me, I have an 8500 anyway. Midi ringtones work with this cab.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

jaso2005

I fear this will fall into the newbie/idiot/too-lazy-to-search category :) but...

so I upgraded from Black Satin to Grass... fastest of the (3?) ROM upgrades I've done by far.

One oddity.. during the boot process (from soft reset), the first splash screen I see still shows a reference to the Black ROM.. am I missing something...

That aside, the ROM upgrade finished and I am re-installing apps. Looking forward to my 1st upgrade in several months! Many thanks for the ROM!

Thanks,
Mike

No thats fine, it just doesnt force a splash screen on you. You can get them from the Schaps page if you want them :)

sbetts000

Jan 28, 2006
Mansfield, Notts
Hi Shamanix, lovin your work !!

The 6mb pagepool really flies compared to schaps 4.0 RC I was using.

One thing, it says on first post that mobile office is installed, but its not there. Can you include the cab so I can use, then ROM is perfect!

I have spent last 30 mins searching but cannot find single active link to the office 2007 cab anywhere

Shamanix

Jun 5, 2006
There is office mobile included in the rom..

-> Start -> then 2nd link from the above ( 1st is today, 2nd is office mobile ), tap on that and you will get office folder with office inside.. :confused:

BTW.. There will be v1.1 update as soon as Schaps release fixed Advanced Config ( fixed error with comm manager reported above )

sbetts000

Jan 28, 2006
Mansfield, Notts
There is office mobile included in the rom..

-> Start -> then 2nd link from the above ( 1st is today, 2nd is office mobile ), tap on that and you will get office folder with office inside.. :confused:

BTW.. There will be v1.1 update as soon as Schaps release fixed Advanced Config ( fixed error with comm manager reported above )

Thanks, cannot believe I missed that !?!

LazPL

Ok.. here are the things I can remember now:

Nicer SmartDialer
Comm Manager from the picture included
Fix for operator name included
Removed all themes and added grass theme
Removed Office templates
Removed Filed Test application
Removed cache optimization
Added 3 WM6 telephone ringtones
Optimized executables

Hmm... maybe something else too but can`t remember now lol.. :D

Eh... Is this my most stupid question ever... But did you base it on Schaps FULL or LIGHT version? I assume all apps are the same as ... er .... one of them?:confused:

Shamanix

Jun 5, 2006
Eh... Is this my most stupid question ever... But did you base it on Schaps FULL or LIGHT version? I assume all apps are the same as ... er .... one of them?:confused:

It is based on his Lite ROM, as you can see from the 1st post.. ;)

BTW.. how much free storage is in Schaps ROM ? I didn`t flash it at all before editing and I am curios :)

diezoo

Mar 24, 2007
Quick Comparison...

Shamanix, in your opinion: :)

There is really same notable difference or feature between this build and 3.54?
There is really better this new one?
So far I have not been able to find better rom than 3.54, I will test this one the next weekend because I'm very busy right now, but, I want I know what expect from this build.

Thank you very much!!

Shamanix

Jun 5, 2006
Shamanix, in your opinion: :)

There is really same notable difference or feature between this build and 3.54?
There is really better this new one?

To tell you the truth, I didn`t have that much time yet to test everything that I use so far, but I can tell that this seems like a better ROM the 3.54.
It is the newest build available and it has newest application builds, so it could be better..
There are some new features too.. I would choose this instead of 3.54 if you ask me, but I am waiting for Schaps to upload fixed Advanced Config..

Hello Shaman !

Thanks for your great work !

I've a problem with the comm manager, It started to work (was able to try it at the first boot) but I can't launch it anymore now (I get the strange error "Comm Manager supports 4 functions at least!" when I try to start it).

Could you help ???

Thanks !

Shamanix

Jun 5, 2006
Hello Shaman !

Thanks for your great work !

I've a problem with the comm manager, It started to work (was able to try it at the first boot) but I can't launch it anymore now (I get the strange error "Comm Manager supports 4 functions at least!" when I try to start it).

Could you help ???

Thanks !

Yes, please wait for the Grass v1.1 that will include fixed Advanced Confing from Schaps that deals with this issue!!

xdaradar

Apr 22, 2006
www.mobility-unlimited.nl
This ROM is great and fast. It doesn't have the purple look and the removed&added components are just the ones i missed at schaps's version. off course nothing bad about schaps's rom. It the base for this one with a lot of work in it.

There's enough storage for me to install everything on the device where i used to install most app's on the storagecard.

i added htc home and audiomgr and kaiser commmgr after i used advanced config and so no issue ;-)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi... could we have this loaded some place else too? thx! :)