ALL LTE discussions here please

Search This thread

Droid2drummer

Nov 13, 2012
Edit my bad this is att. Im verizon..lol ooopsHmmmm? I've been steady around 160gigs a month. No throttling here. Not that I even believe they throttle 4g. But then again things may have changed. Just looking around and saw this post ...damn I know lots of people that use more than me. However my use is from constant flashing and DL ROMs ..etc.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Last edited:

force70

You're kidding right? Those speeds aren't bad, and like kco88518 said it's just a matter of acquiring more spectrum in the LA area.

Then again, maybe I'm just bias with my grandfathered unlimited data.

I think those speeds are pretty bad dude.This what LTE should look like.i leave my wifi on most of the time which is why u see the icon but i was on lte there..no wifi with those speeds!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360680816520.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360680816520.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Jaspah

Sep 4, 2012
Syracuse, NY
10 million people in that area with a large amount sporting Android and iOS devices... You're going to have some slowdown on your network. Hell, according to the graph posted earlier Verizon was only getting 3mbps higher.

All things considered, both carriers are doing a decent job. As the technology improves so will speeds. LTE is still a pretty young tech.

***** all you'd like but you're going to get considerably lower speeds in higher population areas no matter what carrier you're on. It's the same technology just different spectrums.

Last edited:

koc88518

Oct 18, 2012
Los Angeles
I think those speeds are pretty bad dude.This what LTE should look like.i leave my wifi on most of the time which is why u see the icon but i was on lte there..no wifi with those speeds!

Nice Speeds :)

See I come from S.Korea when our internet speed was 6-7mbps and United States was just getting DSL/Cable at that time. :(

I cant complain too much since I have unlimted plan I dont want to switch over. I just wish AT&T would read my emails about how you need more towers / spectrum where people use it more than having tower in some farm land saying "LTE EVERYWHERE 10x 3G SPEED" but never realized where I live its more like -10x 3G Speed

kschumake83

Jun 24, 2010
orefield PA
OnePlus 9
Nice Speeds :)

See I come from S.Korea when our internet speed was 6-7mbps and United States was just getting DSL/Cable at that time. :(

I cant complain too much since I have unlimted plan I dont want to switch over. I just wish AT&T would read my emails about how you need more towers / spectrum where people use it more than having tower in some farm land saying "LTE EVERYWHERE 10x 3G SPEED" but never realized where I live its more like -10x 3G Speed

In the city people do not NEED the lte speeds, yes I understand you WANT them, but you all can already get great cable modem speeds for your home internet service and there are wifi hotspots everywhere. I have a few friends that live a mile or two away from me that can only get 1 way cable service so they get 1mb down and 56k up, my house is on a major highway so I get 25 down 5 up on my cable modem. Getting people in that situation will account for more money for att, Many of my friends teather their laptops and pay by the gig because the service is so much faster than what they can have otherwise.

force70

In the city people do not NEED the lte speeds, yes I understand you WANT them, but you all can already get great cable modem speeds for your home internet service and there are wifi hotspots everywhere. I have a few friends that live a mile or two away from me that can only get 1 way cable service so they get 1mb down and 56k up, my house is on a major highway so I get 25 down 5 up on my cable modem. Getting people in that situation will account for more money for att, Many of my friends teather their laptops and pay by the gig because the service is so much faster than what they can have otherwise.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda prem

I had to upgrade my wifi to the fastest service i could get since it seemed so slow compared to my LTE..I used to get about the same as you..it was driving me nuts lol

koc88518

Oct 18, 2012
Los Angeles

Yea I understand your point, however I think your missing my main point of this speed. Its that I am PAYING for LTE service speed which is supposedly to be faster than 3G. Now if I cant even get 1mb speed why should i still pay for $40-50 dollars ? thats my main point if a company sells a product they are suppose to deliver it however ATT did not in my area at least.

If there was a way for me to toggle and use 3G only I would. Since 3G is speed is still faster in my area. But our galaxy s3 won't stay on 3g only bummers.

Reactions: force70

force70

Yea I understand your point, however I think your missing my main point of this speed. Its that I am PAYING for LTE service speed which is supposedly to be faster than 3G. Now if I cant even get 1mb speed why should i still pay for $40-50 dollars ? thats my main point if a company sells a product they are suppose to deliver it however ATT did not in my area at least.

If there was a way for me to toggle and use 3G only I would. Since 3G is speed is still faster in my area. But our galaxy s3 won't stay on 3g only bummers.

Well said...

R

rizzodg

Is it normal to be getting much lower data speeds on an AOSP ROM rather than a TW ROM?

kschumake83

Jun 24, 2010
orefield PA
OnePlus 9

There is a way to turn off lte, add a gsm only APN and it will stay on 3g. I understand your point also I was just pointing out that the good old boys out in the sticks never get anything good when it comes to technology and internet speeds so for once at&t is actually doing the right thing and letting us have some fun. Your speeds do "suck" and I believe at&t needs to do something about it, but you may actually have a defective phone. I believe you are the only one I have seen with such slow connections on lte, its hard to believe that no one else in your area is on xda. I have seen a few at 3 - 5 mb down but none at less than one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

koc88518

Oct 18, 2012
Los Angeles
There is a way to turn off lte, add a gsm only APN and it will stay on 3g. I understand your point also I was just pointing out that the good old boys out in the sticks never get anything good when it comes to technology and internet speeds so for once at&t is actually doing the right thing and letting us have some fun. Your speeds do "suck" and I believe at&t needs to do something about it, but you may actually have a defective phone. I believe you are the only one I have seen with such slow connections on lte, its hard to believe that no one else in your area is on xda. I have seen a few at 3 - 5 mb down but none at less than one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

is that APN

APN : wap.cingular
Username : WAP@CINGULARGPRS.com
mmsc : http://mmsc.cingular
etc

?

charlie460

Sep 4, 2012
Edit my bad this is att. Im verizon..lol ooopsHmmmm? I've been steady around 160gigs a month. No throttling here. Not that I even believe they throttle 4g. But then again things may have changed. Just looking around and saw this post ...damn I know lots of people that use more than me. However my use is from constant flashing and DL ROMs ..etc.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Honestly, they should be throttling you if you're using 160 gigs a month. There's no way you should be using this much data.

force70

Honestly, they should be throttling you if you're using 160 gigs a month. There's no way you should be using this much data.

Lol..what are u the data police?

Yeah 160 A.month is alot of.data and i have no idea how anyone could use all.that but so what who,cares how much someone else uses? Or who are we to say how much another person should or should not use?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2

ro.ril.gprsclass=32

ro.ril.hsdpa.category=28

ro.ril.hsupa.category=9

## Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

## Wifi Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

## LTE Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.lte=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

## GPRS Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

## UMTS Net Speed Tweaked ##

net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,16384,256960

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    The General section is overflowing with LTE discussions. Every time a new tower comes up someone posts a thread about it. Please make all your announcements, comparisons and issues here.
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    Can someone please help me understand why I dont have LTE after flashing SG3 jelly bean AOKP rom
    I am on a rogers device from toronto stalk phone had extremely fast LTE connection

Please help!!
    I have set APN settings identical to a rogers smartphone, selected the LTE/CDMA option in *#*#INFO#*#*

please help!!

thanks!!

Not trying to be an @$$ or anything but you do know that aosp roms like cm10 and aokp list lte as 4g and hspa+ as h+ it will never say 4g lte in the status bar unless you're on a touchwiz based rom right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium
    The General section is overflowing with LTE discussions. Every time a new tower comes up someone posts a thread about it. Please make all your announcements, comparisons and issues here.
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

When I first got my galaxy s3, telus said it would come with 4g lte. It worked well and on the top notification section, it specifically said, 4g lte. Now I'm trying out custom roms and such, and I downloaded CM10. However, on CM10, the icon no longer says 4g lte, but it says H+. When I revert back to my old rom, it doesn't say 4G (i ahven't seen it say LTE at the end yet though). Anyone can tell me why my data connection has been demoted, or if it has been demoted at all? Should I just give Telus a call and ask whats up with this?

And yes, LTE is available in my area, I'm in Vancouver.
    Loving LTE in the 916 area code, Sacramento, Carmichael, Roseville, Lincoln, Citrus Heights. I had it for about a week before AT&T announced its rollout. My sppeds aren't the fastest but its certainly better than H+!

via my ParanoidedAndroided GSIII