[modem]atti317ucama4[cwm]

Search This thread

MarcianoS

Sep 13, 2010
Chicago, IL
Question: the new OTA also removed the option to SIM unlock for free. Will flashing this modem do that too?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

JVogler

Mar 3, 2010
This flashes the modem.bin file... which writes to a separate DevBlock (partition).. won't write to /system, /data, /boot, /cache. I flashed this MA4 modem over my LK7 modem (while running CleanROM v4.5).. works fantastic. I'd recommend backing up your current modem partition (in on TWRP), then flash this... if it doesn't workout better for you, restore your current modem.

I did exactly this last night, and everything went fine. Still experiencing Wifi dropout though. Only solution is to turn off Wifi PSM via the *#0011# menu...but I have to reapply with every reboot. Was hoping the issue would be solved with new modem, but at least I'm getting better wifi upload speeds when it stays connected.

-- Note II, TapaTalk II--

ssewk2x

Oct 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I just installed the newest AT&T modem. After picking "reboot system" in TWRP, I noticed a little flakiness on 4G and WiFi data. Powering the phone down completely and restarting seems to have gotten rid of it. Just posting in case anyone else sees similar stuff.

joogle

Dec 26, 2010
Right now I am on stock AT&T Note 2 phone using it on T-mobile, the phone is rooted though.

Is there a way to backup my existing modem before flashing this one? I am using CWM.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the modem from the 2/15/2013 ATT OTA update. Flash in the recovery of your choice.

ATTI317UCAMA4ModemCWM.zip
    Server is offline, anybody got a copy they could put on dropbox?

Well for those having problems with getting the modem from server:(. I uploaded it to Dropbox 4u.
    http://db.tt/1b6nO2KU

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
    Ran a Q&D modem SpeedTest comparison tonight between LK7 and MA4.... all within same hour...all on the same local server. Results attached. Basically, the HSPA:11 speeds were about the same (slightly improved on MA4)... and I noticed a big improvement on upload speeds over WiFi. Take it for what it's worth... just another data point for those interested.
    Well for those having problems with getting the modem from server:(. I uploaded it to Dropbox 4u.
    http://db.tt/1b6nO2KU

Just want to give you fair warning. ..if a bunch of people use your link, Dropbox will suspend you from posting links for 3 days...but thanks:D

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    Just want to give you fair warning. ..if a bunch of people use your link, Dropbox will suspend you from posting links for 3 days...but thanks:D

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Thank you for pointing that out to me. Didn't know that at all. I just try to help out where I can.

Great point. Also, you always want to ask before you post a mirror link in someone else's thread. Just for future reference. Thanks.

Sent from the Bacon Pope's Galaxy Note 2

Got it & you're absolutely right. And the funny thing is I said that to my self if I should ask him first since I had downloaded already.
    Thanks for letting me know. Will ask from now on with a PM!! :)