Lost my less than 20 hours old Xperia z1

Search This thread

Nikhilmendu

May 18, 2013
Hey guys i have never used xperia devices before . Coming from gnote 2 .
I am from india i have ordered my xperia z1 and got delivered yesterday at 11pm yesterday.
Today i have been to a mall lost that somewhere iam sure someone stole that. As the mall staff said that mine is 12th phone lost in just a week.
And i have activated android device manager and just in 20min after losing that my z1 is unavaliable via android device manager.
I have contacted sny customer care they said they can't trace the device via imei and iam sure the imei is 100% correct.
My question is could some change the imei number please help :'(

ImAnurag

Aug 10, 2011
New Delhi
GizmoBolt.com
Google Pixel 2 XL
I am from india i have ordered my xperia z1 and got delivered yesterday at 11pm yesterday.
Today i have been to a mall lost that somewhere iam sure someone stole that. As the mall staff said that mine is 12th phone lost in just a week.
And i have activated android device manager and just in 20min after losing that my z1 is unavaliable via android device manager.
I have contacted sny customer care they said they can't trace the device via imei and iam sure the imei is 100% correct.

that can only be changed if motherboard is replaced.

PRAKASHPANDEY193

Aug 31, 2013

Sorry to say bt yes now its pretty easy to change imei no... I dont know about sony phone bt my frnd using a stolen samsung phone and change its imei no with jelp of some samsung service centre member in just 600 rs....

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium

Nikhilmendu

May 18, 2013
well i don't know about that...why would anyone want to change imei intentionally :confused:

file a FIR in police that's best you can do...or track if that SIM is used again

Filed an fir already and i have asked sony customer care and they said they can't track the phone via imei :crying:

Nikhilmendu

May 18, 2013
Ahh, I hope you find it, I hate it when you think you lose your phone then you can't feel it in your pocket and then your heart sinks but then you realize its in the other one lol, just losing a phone scares me :p
But that's not in my case some cunning professional theives are around in the mall
WTF mine is 12th phone lost in the same mall in less than a week.
Lost all hopes nothing left now :crying:

One Twelve

Oct 28, 2013
Sorry for your loss, maybe you can help others to be more careful.

Describe how you were carrying your phone, pants pocket (front or back?) or top shirt pocket ?

Did you take it out and place it on a table somewhere and found it disappeared or did it disappear by pick pocket.

Try to think hard about this, if the same gang operates there, go back and hang out at that mall, chances are the same characters will be there again. Were you in a crowd at any time, with people close to you. waiting in a line with people really close. These are the places these guys can strike.

Had read how somebody lost his phone, picked out of his top shirt pocket, whilst waiting for a food order to arrive. So there is a crowd of people with hands going up and over your shoulder, gentle pushing & shoving. This is a great way to pull a phone out especially if you happen to be under 5 foot 10. It just takes a tap on the opposite shoulder to distract and the crook has lifted your phone already :(

For this to work it matters where you are facing, if you are looking away from your top shirt or pant pocket then its easy otherwise it won't work. These guys know this and pick their marks carefully.

Nikhilmendu

May 18, 2013
They won't track it using the IMEI, but they can easily block the IMEI so it'll be a useless brick, and the thieves won't be able to use it on an Indian network (and possibly other foreign networks)

Yeah i do know but the thing is even they are having trouble blocking imei too i have been at service center for more than 3 hours simply useless they tried a lot but useless

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Meh! I miss the good old nokia days... Where whatever you do(flash new firmware, factory reset, reformat) the security code just persists and won't let you use the phone until you key it in.

charliechocolate

Jun 27, 2010
Sorry for your loss, maybe you can help others to be more careful.

Describe how you were carrying your phone, pants pocket (front or back?) or top shirt pocket ?

Did you take it out and place it on a table somewhere and found it disappeared or did it disappear by pick pocket.

Try to think hard about this, if the same gang operates there, go back and hang out at that mall, chances are the same characters will be there again. Were you in a crowd at any time, with people close to you. waiting in a line with people really close. These are the places these guys can strike.

Had read how somebody lost his phone, picked out of his top shirt pocket, whilst waiting for a food order to arrive. So there is a crowd of people with hands going up and over your shoulder, gentle pushing & shoving. This is a great way to pull a phone out especially if you happen to be under 5 foot 10. It just takes a tap on the opposite shoulder to distract and the crook has lifted your phone already :(

For this to work it matters where you are facing, if you are looking away from your top shirt or pant pocket then its easy otherwise it won't work. These guys know this and pick their marks carefully.

good questions, why is op ignoring this post...

CustomDroided

Aug 26, 2014
plz help me

+Nikhilmendu how did your friend change his imei on his xperia L because I lost my imei on my Xperia l.Plz help nikhil :D

hasn4179

Aug 5, 2013
These apps, like android device manager etc are almost useless (useful only if the thief is a rookie) coz they will be desynced as soon as the email id is removed from mobile (via flash or any other way)

Regarding imei, try contacting all the network providers, i dont know if it will be easy task to do considering there are many providers plus you may need a strong source or reference to convince them, but when any mobile is connected to a network(and things like sms or call are sent from that mobile), its imei is sent to the database of the network to keep record...

Last edited: