[ROOT + CWM] Root and CWM for SGH-i527M (Rogers/Bell/Telus)

Search This thread

aniym

Jul 13, 2009
Anyone know how compatible the I527m to the international roms and hardware.?
(I noticed this is a 9200 recovery)

I would like to know this as well. Do the ROMs on the forum that say [I9200/i9205] work on the I527M models? I have searched within the ROM threads, but no one mentions using a I527M.

nutpants

Feb 6, 2007
FV-british columbia
Had any Canadians flashed the factory Odin package to go back to stock after rooting?
After I know I can Odin back to stock I will start researching just how compatible the 527m is with other mega/or if we can build a cm for us,I ducking hate touch wiz 4.22

in your mud with my stick

Last edited:

4329Jomel

Sep 20, 2012
The Pas
Issues trying to get the device into Boot into Download Mode

*** DISCLAIMER: I did not make this. I am simply making this thread as there is no easily found thread that denotes the working root method for the Canadian variant of the Galaxy Mega. ***

*** To my knowledge this does NOT work on the U.S. SGH-i527 variant due to a locked bootloader ***

Originally taken from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2415294 by MingYueHaoKong

CWM TOUCH RECOVERY FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY MEGA 6.3 LTE(SGH-I527M)

Installation:-

1.Go to Download Mode By Pressing (Volume Down +Home +Power) And Connect Your Phone To PC.
2.Launch Odin v3.09.
3.Make Sure That In Odin the Auto Reboot And F.Reset Time Checkboxes Are Selected, Uncheck The Re-Partition And Other Option.
4.Select the AP button and browse to where you placed recovery.tar.md5
5.Hit Start and Wait.
6.Your phone should reboot. Afterwards, move on to the rooting phase.

Rooting:-
1.Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip from the download section. Put it on your phone.
2.Power your device off. Then go to cwm recovery by pressing Vol Up + Home + Power.
3.Make sure that you have a cwm backup before doing rooting.
4.Then choose install zip and then install UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip

Download Link:-
Odin v3.09- http://d-h.st/UIo
CWM TOUCH RECOVERY - http://d-h.st/7VS
UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip- http://d-h.st/ikN

NEITHER I NOR THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Hi was wondering if anyone was running into problems trying to get the device to boot into Download Mode with the Roger's Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE SGH-I527M ? I've tried numerous times to boot it into with no success. Help??? Go to Download Mode By Pressing (Volume Down +Home +Power) is not doing it for me.

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
Hi.. have phone off and you only need to hold the vol-down and power button together until you feel the phone vibrate and release buttons and then a warning screen should appear and then push on the vol-up button and you should now be in the download mode. :)

Sent from my SGH-I527M Mega 6.3

Last edited:

4329Jomel

Sep 20, 2012
The Pas
Yep, tried this a bunch of times but no joy. It gives me only a black screen. Is this a locked boot loader or something? Sorry I'm just a newbie :confused:

Sent from my SGH-I527M using xda app-developers app

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
Yep, tried this a bunch of times but no joy. It gives me only a black screen. Is this a locked boot loader or something? Sorry I'm just a newbie :confused:

Then I would do a factory reset in settings>accounts>backup and reset or if you have a recovery that can do the factory reset and see if the download mode works then as it should..the i527m does not have a locked bootloader.

When factory reset is done though you will have to put all you info back in as it is like starting a new rom again..this is all I can think to do at this time.

But wanted to ask is the the phone stock or did you attempt to install any custom recovery etc. :D

Sent from my SGH-I527M Mega 6.3

4329Jomel

Sep 20, 2012
The Pas
Well this is what I have done so far.

First, I started to try to install Super User. I moved the file to my external card and went onto trying to boot into download mode. However, it would not boot (Volume down + Home + Power) or (Volume down + Power) just went to a blank screen. Was trying to get it into download mode so I could use Odin to install TWRP.

Afterwards without any luck I went to one click root website. I was able to get root access. However, I have no access to Clockwork or TWRP. But now I am able to get at least to get access to the factory reset / wipe data and so on menu. Like you could get if you would go volume up+home+power. But no screen which one would expect with clockwork.

Any ideas would be most welcomed.

4329Jomel

Sep 20, 2012
The Pas
Here is a pic of my phone status

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388029556389.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388029556389.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 249

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
Hmm..i have the same phone and mine works well, well mine is sasktel, but i would unroot your phone with kingo root which i have uploaded here and install the program on your pc and once program is installed open it and then connect your device and then just follow the on screen info as it will ask you to allow the pc to access and stuff like that on your phone and select ok and once you get to the screen were it tells you if you are rooted there will be two selections "Remove Root" and "Root Again" and select remove root as you can always re-root it again with this program..and run the kingo root as an administrator.

And see if you can get to the download mode after taking out the root. :good:

Last edited:

4329Jomel

Sep 20, 2012
The Pas
see if you can get to the download mode after taking out the root

Hmm..i have the same phone and mine works well, well mine is sasktel, but i would unroot your phone with kingo root which i have uploaded here and install the program on your pc and once program is installed open it and then connect your device and then just follow the on screen info as it will ask you to allow the pc to access and stuff like that on your phone and select ok and once you get to the screen were it tells you if you are rooted there will be two selections "Remove Root" and "Root Again" and select remove root as you can always re-root it again with this program..and run the kingo root as an administrator.

And see if you can get to the download mode after taking out the root. :good:

Nope no joy :( It just won't go into download mode at all. All very confusing. What do you figure the next steps would be?

starmaster10

Feb 7, 2012
Saskatoon
Nope no joy :( It just won't go into download mode at all. All very confusing. What do you figure the next steps would be?
Well that is weird indeed, when you have the phone off and hold the vol-down and power button together and keep holding it to you come to a warning screen as it goes to this screen first and then release buttons and once on this warning screen you just push the vol-up button for a sec or two and it should then be in the download mod, you can get into recovery mode can you.?

You can also get into the rom right like the rogers stuff..with the phone on..hold the power button till the menu pops up on the screen and select reboot and when the phone reboots and as soon as you fell the vibration of the phone hold the vol-down button only till the warning screen appears as it should, then just push the vol-up button to get into the download mode.

If this cannot be achieved to get to the download mode..then there might be something wrong with the phone itself and might have to be returned..do you know if the download mode worked before you tried any rooting on the phone.? :cowboy:

4329Jomel

Sep 20, 2012
The Pas
Yeah no joy again. I'm thinking it's the phone. So I'm bring it back. Thanks for all your efforts buddy.
Cheers

GladdBag

Oct 15, 2011
Calgary
SuperSU Has Stopped

Hey gang; so I followed all of the instructions closely and I have been able to get CWM flashed successfully, after I made sure I rebooted directly into recovery after flashing recovery rather than waiting for the phone to reboot itself automatically. I then flashed the SuperSU update .zip file from recovery, as per the instructions, and it looked like it flashed successfully in CWM. Then I reboot the phone and as soon as it's rebooted, I get an FC for SuperSU. "Unfortunately, SuperSU has stopped." Checked if I had root access and it appears I do not. Has anybody else had this problem and, if so, were you able to get root another way? I've tried three different versions of SuperSU update, with the same results.

Second question; since I have CWM flashed successfully, do I need to root the device first before flashing a custom ROM, or can I just skip rooting and flash away directly from recovery and gain root access that way, after flashing a pre-rooted custom ROM?

Thanks in advance, hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. I just got this phone yesterday and love it so far, except for all the usual Samsung crapware.

-GB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** DISCLAIMER: I did not make this. I am simply making this thread as there is no easily found thread that denotes the working root method for the Canadian variant of the Galaxy Mega. ***

*** To my knowledge this does NOT work on the U.S. SGH-i527 variant due to a locked bootloader ***

Originally taken from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2415294 by MingYueHaoKong

CWM TOUCH RECOVERY FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY MEGA 6.3 LTE(SGH-I527M)

Installation:-

1.Go to Download Mode By Pressing (Volume Down +Home +Power) And Connect Your Phone To PC.
    2.Launch Odin v3.09.
    3.Make Sure That In Odin the Auto Reboot And F.Reset Time Checkboxes Are Selected, Uncheck The Re-Partition And Other Option.
    4.Select the AP button and browse to where you placed recovery.tar.md5
    5.Hit Start and Wait.
    6.Your phone should reboot. Afterwards, move on to the rooting phase.

Rooting:-
    1.Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip from the download section. Put it on your phone.
    2.Power your device off. Then go to cwm recovery by pressing Vol Up + Home + Power.
    3.Make sure that you have a cwm backup before doing rooting.
    4.Then choose install zip and then install UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip

Download Link:-
    Odin v3.09- http://d-h.st/UIo
    CWM TOUCH RECOVERY - http://d-h.st/7VS
    UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip- http://d-h.st/ikN

NEITHER I NOR THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    Work very well!

I confirm, this method work on my SGH-I527M (Telus).

Thank you!

More information : in Odin v3.09, the button "PDA" -> "AP"

ujeda2uj.jpg
    So far, three of us in the 'Bell' thread ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2421750 ) have confirmed that it works. Myself, I've done this on my Rogers Galaxy Mega, and two other folks have done Bell models (Which means Virgin Mobile should work with no issue as well).
    Gonna try this in about 2 hours when I get home (i527m bell)

sent from my Jedi powered Note ll

respect, teach, coach, have fun and say thanks.
    the Jedi way
    Ya I know that's what's throwing me off is the boot loader I've been able to help on many devices but this one is just ehh

Sent from my sgh-i527 with xda premium 4

don't throw in the towel just yet

I won't man lol

Sent from my sgh-i527 with xda premium 4

HOPSIN-KAT KEYBOARDS IS NOW UP AND RUNNING CHECK EM OUT OVER AT THE CANDY SHOP!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52221912