Stuck on boot screen, restore failed!

Search This thread

justdrew424

Sep 20, 2013
I have been running liquid smooth 2.9 for about a year now with no issues. Last night my battery died and I plugged it in and tried to boot up immediately as I needed it. We'll it shut off again and I let it sit for a few minutes then tried to reboot. Now it just stays stuck in the boot splash screen. I can boot into TWRP but get a failure when restoring. It's telling me E: no packages found to fix. Is this a corrupt backup file or something worse? I can get into Odin or TWRP. I have an older backup saved on my PC, is it worth trying to move that to ext sd card. Thanks in advance for any thoughts

Drew

justdrew424

Sep 20, 2013
Update - I tried to ODIN back to a stock image. I get a sucessful load with VRUCML1, but it gets hung up on the verizon load screen now. I tried to ODIN VRALG1 and I get a fail after the aboot step every time. I have tried different cables ans usb ports as well. What are my next steps, if any?

Thanks
Drew

seanawake

Feb 19, 2014
Flash tools, boot it in flash mode, click unlock bootloader, then remove USB and try booting.

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
Update - I tried to ODIN back to a stock image. I get a sucessful load with VRUCML1, but it gets hung up on the verizon load screen now. I tried to ODIN VRALG1 and I get a fail after the aboot step every time. I have tried different cables ans usb ports as well. What are my next steps, if any?

Thanks
Drew

You shouldn't of used the 4.3 stock rom. Now you're probably stuck on it. Post what it says in download mode and I'll direct you to a proper fix.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis

Thanks
Drew

You cannot uee any odin file but the vrucml1 one because you are forever locked. try to flash it again but after you get stuck on the samsung logo pull your battery and do a factory reset in stock recovery.

Flash tools, boot it in flash mode, click unlock bootloader, then remove USB and try booting.

Horrible advice! He is on the 4.3 bootloader after the ml1 flash. If he did that he would hard brick!!

Last edited:
Reactions: BadUsername

justdrew424

Sep 20, 2013
Sorry didn't update sooner. Wish I would have seen about the locked bootloader before flashing. Anyways after a few attempts and battery pulls it finally turned on and allowed me to setup as a new phone. I was able to root the phone with saferoot. Kingo would not work for root access. Hopefully an exploit comes along in the future to unlock the bootloader..

Thanks for the help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks
    Drew

You cannot uee any odin file but the vrucml1 one because you are forever locked. try to flash it again but after you get stuck on the samsung logo pull your battery and do a factory reset in stock recovery.

Horrible advice! He is on the 4.3 bootloader after the ml1 flash. If he did that he would hard brick!!