Loosed charging port

Search This thread

z_extend_99

Jun 27, 2012
Do any body here experience loosed micro USB port? I'm experiencing signs of it. I have to press the usb cable of my device down when facing up for it charge.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Flashalot

Jun 7, 2012
Chicago
Do any body here experience loosed micro USB port? I'm experiencing signs of it. I have to press the usb cable of my device down when facing up for it charge.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ya your not the only one been happening to me to and I really don't feel like sending my nexus back in

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk

krayzie24

Jun 17, 2010
Had this happen with mine a few months back. Ended up getting a wireless charger vs sending it back. Will warn you the more you play with the plug to get it to charge, the worse it will get.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

conan1600

Jan 9, 2011
This happened to mine as well. I have taken it apart and tightened the micro usb socket twice now. Works for a while but the overall design is the problem. This has always been a problem with micro usb and is why proprietary sockets are far superior to micro usb despite all the blather I hear about how convenient micro usb is. You can convert proprietary ports when needed and they dont fail like this.

z_extend_99

Jun 27, 2012
My other two Android devices are like two years and both use micro USB, and they still work fine. It might be the design of the Nexus 7 itself.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

RKight

Aug 27, 2010
Louisville
I had this problem with my old Samsung Captivate. It would get so bad the cable would actually fall out. Have you tried a new cable? I thought my phone was damaged but I ordered a new OEM cable because I damaged the original and it also happened to fix the charging and loose connection issues. After a while, it happened again so I just ordered a few more cables on eBay. The reason I chose OEM cables was because the Captivate had a sliding door for the USB cable that often wouldn't accommodate a standard connector. After that experience, I try to stick with OEM cables when possible, just to be safe.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app

z_extend_99

Jun 27, 2012
Mine is different. The micro USB would perfectly fit into the port. I would feel and hear a confident strong click and the movement is minimal. However, it would not sometimes charge and have to play with the cable while at the port.

MidnightDevil

Apr 2, 2012
London
Redmi Note 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Funny... I though I was alone 'cause no one would write about it..

I got 3 cables, all with slight different behaviors but generally loose, one of them actually falls off.
Patience is highly and thoroughly tested when I want to transfer data to my nexus.

dakunclear

Jul 26, 2011
Calgary
Mine is loose but that's my own doing lol but using a different usb mini seems to work

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Free mobile app

ffchampmt

Dec 27, 2013
Montana
Sent 1 back on warranty after it quit charging. My new one is better but I use aftermarket, thinner cable to charge

Sent from Tapatalk on my Verizon NC5 Galaxy S4

sromer

Dec 27, 2008
Sydney
Same here. I'm considering send it in for warranty but unsure where to send it and how long it would take.

z_extend_99

Jun 27, 2012
I just sent mine from the local store where I bought it. They said it would take a week. I doubt that. I'm expecting a month or more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

sromer

Dec 27, 2008
Sydney
If we didn't get it through the playstore what's the difference if we're trying to get this fixed?
Do i have to take it back to the place i bought it?

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
If we didn't get it through the playstore what's the difference if we're trying to get this fixed?
Do i have to take it back to the place i bought it?

If it's covered under store warranty then sure, you can take it back. Otherwise I'd contact Asus about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app