JUMP

Search This thread

phil.culler

Aug 7, 2011
Thinking I might do a Jump and get a One M8, just wondering if anybody has done a Jump and what I can expect. Getting some strange answers from the T-mobile Chat about assessing the trade in value then subtracting the value from the new phone I want. Sounds strange. Also, what should I bring to the store with me as far as chargers/box/etc. Thanks in advance.

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield
Thinking I might do a Jump and get a One M8, just wondering if anybody has done a Jump and what I can expect. Getting some strange answers from the T-mobile Chat about assessing the trade in value then subtracting the value from the new phone I want. Sounds strange. Also, what should I bring to the store with me as far as chargers/box/etc. Thanks in advance.

wondering this as well not sure im going with the m8 or the lg g3 id like to know what i would need to return with

nxneko

Dec 29, 2012
Orlando
The way they explained it to you was probably confusing....

When you get jump you are paying extra to essentially "feel like you are upgrading" faster so they do not lose money. You trade in your phone which then t-mobile takes and pays for no more then half. If you have $400 left on a $600 device you are stuck with the difference (around $100~) to use jump. Then TMO makes money right back off you by selling then again as refurbished. Once that happens you are contracted back to a new EIP with Jump, which if you had to pay a down payment on first device it WILL happen again, So do not expect to get the $0 down snowflake upgrade eligibility if you did not first time around.

Lets just put it this way, You have JUMP! for 6 months with a NOTE 3

Device Contract Cost: $717
JUMP! x6mo: $60

6 Months with 0 Down $179.40 payed off $537.60 Left

Trade-in Value : $300 MAX They "will" pay : $358 (Half)

That is $237.60 left to pay if they honor the rest up to half thing they say.... That is still $179.60 left for you to pay before using JUMP!

So $179 + 60 = $239 for "upgrading" even more if you have to swallow the entire $237

IF YOU USED SWAPPA THOUGH!

6 Months with 0 Down $179.40 payed off $537.60 Left

AVG Selling Price: $450~480 (say it sells at 450) You only have $100 left to pay out to upgrade to a new device after fees

Last edited:

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield
i understand the math im wanting to know what all i have to take back in with me lol

phone yes of course
charger + cord ?
box + all the stuff in it ?

docnok63

Nov 22, 2012
Memphis, TN
I just moved three phones over from Verizon and had Tmo pay my ETF. They only care about two things: 1) The phone has been factory reset and 2) they take the battery out to check for water damage. That's it. No cords. No boxes. No headphones. Just bring the phone.

phil.culler

Aug 7, 2011
Did my Jump this morning, all they wanted to see was that the phone wasnt damaged beyond normal wear and tear. I had a scuff on the lower corner of my N3 and he said that was fine, no real damage. I didnt realize that they had changed Jump after it had been launched. The guy at the store informed me that I had the good plan, and after February of this year the device has to be half paid off so its a losing deal now. They gave me a prepaid shipping label, and a padded envelope to ship my N3 to whoever gets it now. they didnt care about any cables or chargers etc. Looking forward to my new HTC One M8.

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield
Did my Jump this morning, all they wanted to see was that the phone wasnt damaged beyond normal wear and tear. I had a scuff on the lower corner of my N3 and he said that was fine, no real damage. I didnt realize that they had changed Jump after it had been launched. The guy at the store informed me that I had the good plan, and after February of this year the device has to be half paid off so its a losing deal now. They gave me a prepaid shipping label, and a padded envelope to ship my N3 to whoever gets it now. they didnt care about any cables or chargers etc. Looking forward to my new HTC One M8.

so wait they ship you your new phone or did you leave with it ?

amazin1988

Feb 18, 2012
Miami
Yeah its gonna cost me nothing not jump but to pay the taxes which is $42 so that depends on a person credit run.

iTzXAMaZiN On Note 3

chuck24

Dec 11, 2010

My jump is coming up and I'm torn between the M8 and The LG G3. Let me know how you like it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

phil.culler

Aug 7, 2011
My jump is coming up and I'm torn between the M8 and The LG G3. Let me know how you like it.

So far I love this phone. I've never had a LG smartphone, don't know that I ever will. It would take something very impressive to sway me I think. The m8 is a fair deal smaller than the note but is well made. I don't miss the screen size. M8 is much easier to sneak out of my pocket when I'm sitting down. M8 supports Google wallet tap and pay so major points there. I don't have to deal with frustrating Samsung TouchWiz. Sense has gotten much nicer lately and I love the blinkfeed. Battery doesn't last quite as long, but is comparable since sense seems to be quit a bit less bloated than TouchWiz is. At the end of the day it all comes down to what you prefer. I had htc phones for a few years and during one upgrade trip they failed to impress me so I started getting Samsung phones. I was basically waiting for HTC to make a home run of a phone and I think this is it.

Reactions: chuck24

chuck24

Dec 11, 2010
I had the lg g2 when I was on Verizon. It was OK. Lg ui is similar to touchwiz. Quite frankly I'm tired of touch wiz so I might go ahead and pick up the M8

phil.culler

Aug 7, 2011
I had the lg g2 when I was on Verizon. It was OK. Lg ui is similar to touchwiz. Quite frankly I'm tired of touch wiz so I might go ahead and pick up the M8

Sense is quite a bit nicer that it used to be when the HTC my touch devices were around.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I left with a new phone and a prepaid envelope to ship my old phone back. New phone was 0 down and tax free (delaware) so it cost me nothing to even jump.
    i understand the math im wanting to know what all i have to take back in with me lol

phone yes of course
    charger + cord ?
    box + all the stuff in it ?

phone + cables box does not really matter.

So far I love this phone. I've never had a LG smartphone, don't know that I ever will. It would take something very impressive to sway me I think. The m8 is a fair deal smaller than the note but is well made. I don't miss the screen size. M8 is much easier to sneak out of my pocket when I'm sitting down. M8 supports Google wallet tap and pay so major points there. I don't have to deal with frustrating Samsung TouchWiz. Sense has gotten much nicer lately and I love the blinkfeed. Battery doesn't last quite as long, but is comparable since sense seems to be quit a bit less bloated than TouchWiz is. At the end of the day it all comes down to what you prefer. I had htc phones for a few years and during one upgrade trip they failed to impress me so I started getting Samsung phones. I was basically waiting for HTC to make a home run of a phone and I think this is it.