[KERNEL][GPL][ACS]Xtreme Kernel v1.2.0-Lucy-1.3GHz OC,Battery,Tweaked Voodoo(options)

Search This thread

ericizzy1

Apr 28, 2006
Can you please tell me the right way to colabirate? Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

nimaim

Aug 28, 2010
Some numbers for you guys running v1.0.1:

Linpack: MFLOPS: 13.373
Quadrant: exactly 1200!

Insanely good stuff here Devin, you da man :)

cicada

Nov 7, 2009
Denver, CO

That's.. amazing. Are you also using noobnl's JIT port to get these scores?

If not, the combination should be mind-blowing - I was already getting similar scores with just the JIT, think I'm going to have to try to combine the two now.

[edit: and i did! 23.378 in linpack!! unstable as hell! :) ]

Last edited:

sniperkill

Sep 27, 2010
Maryland
Hey DevinXtreeme, Do you know if you can use the Overclock Widget from the market with your kernel? Would you recommend it? Or not? If so, how do you set it up cuz I get confused :-(

mattallica76

Jun 29, 2010
Hanover, Pa

My scores are about the same. Weird thing is, the phone seems to perform better when setting the max cpu to 1200. Even though the benchmarks are lower, the app drawer opens faster, window transitions are smoother and faster, apps open quicker. All of that stuff seems to lag when set at 1600.

DevinXtreme

Apr 10, 2010
Hey DevinXtreeme, Do you know if you can use the Overclock Widget from the market with your kernel? Would you recommend it? Or not? If so, how do you set it up cuz I get confused :-(

I don't know how well OC Widget works, I don't use it. Personal distaste since the Hero days. SetCPU has an automatically detect settings option. After you run that, use the sliders to adjust min and max. I use 200-1600. Set the governor to conservative or interactive.

Also, the numbers people are getting are JITless.

MysteryEmotionz

Sep 7, 2010
Massachussets
I don't know how well OC Widget works, I don't use it. Personal distaste since the Hero days. SetCPU has an automatically detect settings option. After you run that, use the sliders to adjust min and max. I use 200-1600. Set the governor to conservative or interactive.

Also, the numbers people are getting are JITless.

Jitv is in the kernel?

Sent from my Emotionless Beast of an Epic using the XDA App

DevinXtreme

Apr 10, 2010
No. JIT operates at the VM level, not the kernel. This has no JIT.

FoxRacR17

Oct 27, 2008
My scores are about the same. Weird thing is, the phone seems to perform better when setting the max cpu to 1200. Even though the benchmarks are lower, the app drawer opens faster, window transitions are smoother and faster, apps open quicker. All of that stuff seems to lag when set at 1600.

I'm going to second this, putting my phone to max at 1.2 and it seems to be waaaay more responsive then with it set at 1.6 in real world usage.

etherealglimpse

Oct 11, 2010
I love this @#$(*& kernel!!! <33333333 Been running it all day and its so sexy smooth. no lag, no market issues, no weird reboots, no weird shutdowns. damn this **** is great.

k0nane

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 7, 2008
www.k0nane.info
I love this @#$(*& kernel!!! <33333333 Been running it all day and its so sexy smooth. no lag, no market issues, no weird reboots, no weird shutdowns. damn this **** is great.

Devin's put out quite a hit! It's by far the best Epic kernel I've ever used.

If you like Xtreme Kernel, why not give its partner in crime, SyndicateROM a whirl? ;)

bryanfritz1

Mar 23, 2009
Sycamore
Remove "bootani.qmg" and "bootsamsungloop.qmg" from /system/media. You can then add a bootanimation.zip in /system/media with any custom animation you like, just as we did in SyndicateROM.

Awesome for the quick reply but astro doesn't have permissions, is this a task for abd? Haven't ventured to abd yet. Any quick suggestions would be great.

k0nane

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 7, 2008
www.k0nane.info
Awesome for the quick reply but astro doesn't have permissions, is this a task for abd? Haven't ventured to abd yet. Any quick suggestions would be great.

Root Explorer or ADB will do. To do it through ADB, just run 'adb shell' and type:
Code:
rm /system/media/bootani.qmg
rm /system/media/bootsamsungloop.qmg

And that should do it. If you've ever used a Linux shell (command line), that's all ADB really is. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ANDROID CREATIVE SYNDICATE
    presents​
    XTREME KERNEL V1.2.0

First of all, I want to put my thank yous up here at the top, so, here they are:

-geniusdog254 - My primary teammate, been helping me every step of way.
    -nullghost - One really cool dude. Always on when I ask for help. Git would still be a scary thing if not for him.
    -rjmjr69 - Funny, funny dude. Keeps me motivated to keep going
    -The Voodoo Team - Your work is awesome!
    -My beta testers - You were/are all great. Thanks for helping me with this!
    -All the devs across the board - Seriously, you're all a bunch of absolutely awesome people.
    -Anyone I forgot - You're all great!

Now, here we go:

THE STANDARD DISCLAIMER

I, DevinXtreme, AM NOT responsible for what happens to your phone, your cat, your house, or anything relating to you! If your phone bricks, OH WELL. Have a nice day.

This kernel has a MixUp kernel base. DI18, blah blah. I deviated once Interactive got working. I also removed the Voodoo color modification. So, there's that.

It is built and designed for Syndicate ROM, which will be out later tonight. Sickest ROM you've ever seen. The version released with the ROM is slightly different, but only for fun's sake :D

Changelog:

v1.2.0
    -Removed the 1.6GHz step. The time machine is gone. Plus, was causing more problems than it was helping.
    -Added 1.3GHz step courtesy Hero_Over
    -Switched from MPLL to APLL. Smoothness and speed increase. Thanks to nullghost for help on this.
    -Added Voodoo color mod, tweaked version, courtesy Hero_Over. I will be maintaining a no-voodoo version. I just haven't yet.
    -Tweaked the light sensor, adding a new step and made it not jump to the brightest setting as much. Should save battery and transition smoother. Also pols a little more often.
    -Tweaked scaling rules for 1.3GHz. Should scale there less, thus saving battery.
    ADDITION: The file ending in 'nv.zip' is a no-voodoo version. The file ending in 'ov.zip' is the version for the original voodoo mod, not the tweaked one.

v1.0.1
    -Fixed scaling. Linpack scores and tests work fine now.
    -Disabled Carrier IQ in init.rc. Carrier IQ is essentially Sprint spyware. Kernel devs: This is really easy to do. Just comment out the iqmsd lines at the end.

v1.0
    -Overclock to 1.6GHz!! Requires SetCPU which is, for some reason, defaulting to performance. Make sure you change it to conservative.
    -Default governor without SetCPU is conservative with 200MHz-1GHz steps.
    -Removed Voodoo
    -Framerate unlocked (78-80fps)
    -Built for ROMs with a custom boot. Makes stock boot look like garbage. We're working (still) to fix this.
    -Undervolted

KNOWN BUGS:

-In spare parts, if you set the WiFi policy to never sleep, it still sleeps with the screen off. -skandranon314

-Some weird vibration thing going on when 1.6GHz is hit.

NOTES:

Linpack is being strange with this. I'm getting between 9.2 and 9.8 with some REALLY strange numbers. I'll have this fixed this weekend.

SetCPU sets the default governor to performance. If you use it, be sure to change it immediately for battery life.

FOR 1.2
    -I recommend 200MHz-1200MHz. Some phones can't reach 1.3GHz safely.
    -200MHz - 800/1000MHz is a great setting for battery and you should still have a very smooth experience.

For those who care, I get 1135+ in quadrant.

You can read my source here.

Thanks, guys. I hope you enjoy!
    Have never flashed a custom ROM till dat on my Epic though I'm on rooted DI18. Would like to definitely try the Shuriken SuperSlim (which I presume doesnt have the Xtreme Kernel bundled with it), so if was to go ahead, would I first have to flash this kernel and only then go ahead with flashing the SuperSlim from SD card?

Sorry for what probably is an extremely noob Q, but I couldnt find any procedures as to how a newbie should approach this :)

Alternatively if somebody could just point me to a flashing tut put up specifically for the Syndicate, I'd be more than happy :)

You could do it either way, flashing the kernel on the stock ROM works, and also flashing it onto SyndicateROM works. Its pretty much your choice. You can flash them together if you want, like before rebooting your phone after flashing the ROM and then flash the kernel.

Sent from my Xtremely Syndicated and Mysterious Epic 4G
    Your probaly the only one stupid enuff to try.

THERE IS NO CUSTOM KERNELS FOR FROYO

Android Creative Syndicate- From spontaneous ingenuity, comes creative brilliance
    de de deee

So thats a no no?
    perhaps this thread should be archived or something??

Perhaps it should be read fully. While some people are on dk28 others are still using 2.1 and this kernel so archive is still pre mature.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk