[Review] Choetech 10W Wireless charger, and 60W 6 Port charging hub review

Search This thread

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Note: I will keep this OP updated if any issues arise, and add in more observations over time.

Choetech 60W 6 Port Quick Charge 2.0 Hub:
This charger was given to me for free in exchange for a fair and honest review

Packaging:
When it comes to buying items the first impression is key, and that’s where the packaging comes into play. I don’t generally purchase products again if they seem to be poorly packaging since that indicates the initial level of quality I can expect from a company. This isn’t always the case, but more often than not it makes a difference in my opinion.
Both chargers arrived in a nice discrete brown box that contained a sleeve with all of the relevant information about the products inside. Each charger was packaged well with ample protector so neither one would float around in their box during shipping. The chargers themselves were in plastic sleeves to prevent any damage/scratches which seemed to work well.

Pictures:

Overview
Charging hubs are not always an item that many people would consider, but they provide a great alternative, and avoid clutter. These hubs (I have 2 on my desk right now) are particularly important if you have a situation where outlets are limited, or you want a simple way to charge things on your desk. Personally I don’t like having a bunch of things plugged into a powerstrip, so this is why I prefer using a multiport charging hub. The build quality of the Choetech is quite different from my Tronsmart 80W hub. It features a soft touch finish on ~90% of the charger, and the other 10% is a nice textured plastic. The charger itself is very compact for what it’s offering which is nice. I don’t need a charger with a huge footprint since I already have a lot of things floating around my desk (Surface dock, Surface Pro 4, school work, phones etc..) I also wanted to point out the length of the proprietary power cable. The cable is around 6[ft] which makes it ideal in my case because I can move it around just about anywhere on my desk. I couldn’t do this with the Tronsmart that I also have because the power cable was about half of that length.

What’s inside:
-60W 6 Port charging hub
-Power cable ~6[ft]
-Micro USB cable ~3[ft]

Ports:
The 60W charger features 6 ports in total, 2 of which support Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 2.0 standard. The other two ports which are referred to as “Smart Ports” will provide 5V/2.4A charging to supported devices. Since this is a 60W charger it can provide the rated power output for all 6 ports simultaneously which makes it great for when you need to charge a bunch of devices at once. I have 3 phones, an Android Wear watch, and 2 external batteries that I can plug into the hub if I really need to charge them at the same time. There is ample room between each port, so any if not all cables should work just fine. I tested around 15 that I have laying around without any issues.
[ URL=http://s39.photobucket.com/user/Tmpilz/media/IMG_0099.jpg.html]
IMG_0099.jpg
[/URL]

Charging
I will update this area with a detailed graph of the charging speeds once I collect enough data (1-2 days of usage)
Standard Non-QC 2.0 port test

QC2.0 Port Test vs Samsung charger

Overall
I think Choetech made a good multiport hub in a small package that has a lot to offer. I didn’t experience any issues, and I enjoyed the soft touch finish on the charger. I see no reason to not recommend using this hub if it’s something that you need.

Choetech 3 Coil Fast Wireless Charger

Overview
I’ve owned a plethora of wireless chargers over the years, but I sold most of them with their accompanying phone. With wireless charging the design, and ease of placement is what will make or break a charger for me. The Choetech 10W Fast Wireless charger has some nice features that some of my old ones did not. (For reference I’ve owned qi chargers from TYLT, Aukey, Nokia, Anker, RavPower etc.) Choetech made the charger with a low profile, and elongated shape to help with the placement of your phone. On the underside of the charger there are 4 feet that help keep it from sliding around, unfortunately in my case it still moves around freely on both my night stand and desk. (YMMV on how well it stays in place) On the top there is a ‘wireless charging’ logo that is actually a very minimally raised rubber insert that keeps your phone from sliding off. I tried to move my slippery S7 Edge around on it, and it did move, but nowhere near as easily as it would without the added grip. There is an indicator light on the top toward the micro USB input that will glow a different color based on the charging speed and state (see the below color code table). I haven’t experienced any placement issues other than noticing how the S7 Edge acts when you move it off the pad and back on swiftly. It’s virtually impossible to not place the phone on the pad and not have it charge, so that’s great!

What’s inside:
-Qi 10W Fast charger
-Micro USB cable ~3[ft]

Ports:
The wireless charger only features 1 port, and that’s a micro USB input for the pad. It is oriented “Nexus Style” which means it’s upside down relative to how Samsung and other OEM’s have their port. I don’t mind it being this way, and frankly it doesn’t make a difference it was just an observation.

Charging
Note: You need a QC 2.0 charger to power this wireless charging pad in order to use the 10W fast charging.
I will update this area with a detailed graph of the charging speeds once I collect enough data (1-2 days of usage)
15-100% Charging Test Compared to the stock charger

All Chargers

Just the Wireless Chargers

The Choetech 10W wireless charger does charge your phone faster than the Samsung Fast wireless charger as can be see in the above graph. All of the chargers were tested the same way from (14% battery) with data recorded in intervals over time.

Testing the voltage without a phone

Overall
I’ve always enjoyed wireless charging more so than any other type (including USB Type-C) due to its convenience. Choetech made a nice simple high quality wireless charger that I plan to use every day (even when my Samsung one arrives) because I like how it’s designed, and the fast charging capabilities.

Last edited:

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
OP updated with a charging test compared to the stock charger

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs

welshbloke70

Jan 3, 2008
Hi, does this actually work with the S7 (edge)? On every ad I've seen for it it says "This wireless charger is not compatible with S7 or S7 Edge."

Now I cant imagine why it would be incompatible but its something that they have put up and it would be great if you could clarify this for us.

I'd like to get one to fit into my ram mount to make a hoky wifi car mount but I'd like to know if it works with the S7E first.

Cheers.

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Hi, does this actually work with the S7 (edge)? On every ad I've seen for it it says "This wireless charger is not compatible with S7 or S7 Edge."

Now I cant imagine why it would be incompatible but its something that they have put up and it would be great if you could clarify this for us.

I'd like to get one to fit into my ram mount to make a hoky wifi car mount but I'd like to know if it works with the S7E first.

Cheers.
yes it works just fine the S7E but you need a18W wall adapter nkt the stock Samsung one to use it since it requires a higher input current.

Reactions: xdavn_dev

welshbloke70

Jan 3, 2008
yes it works just fine the S7E but you need a18W wall adapter nkt the stock Samsung one to use it since it requires a higher input current.
Ah, cheers.

I've got a QC quick charge 2.0 compatible car charger, do you think that that will run it OK? And if it doesn't will it still work just at a lower speed?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Ah, cheers.

I've got a QC quick charge 2.0 compatible car charger, do you think that that will run it OK? And if it doesn't will it still work just at a lower speed?
It will not work at all with Samsungs wall adapter included with the phone. You need a QC2.0 18W power supply to use the charger; I have seen it work with lower rates ones but just not Samsungs wall charger

Reactions: welshbloke70

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Thank you very much.

It's the "AUKEY 30W 2 Port USB Car Charger"

http://www.aukey.com/product/cc-t1-car-charger-car-charger
That charger will work fine, it outputs DC 5V/2A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A which means 10W, 18W, 18W so the charger will work fine since it pull use the 9V/2A. I've tested mine with a car charger rated at the same outputs (Tronsmart dual port 36W QC 2.0) without any issues. I know another member on here is using this wireless charger in their car too, if I can find that OP I'll link it to you

Reactions: welshbloke70

Redflea

Nov 23, 2009
That charger will work fine, it outputs DC 5V/2A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A which means 10W, 18W, 18W so the charger will work fine since it pull use the 9V/2A. I've tested mine with a car charger rated at the same outputs (Tronsmart dual port 36W QC 2.0) without any issues. I know another member on here is using this wireless charger in their car too, if I can find that OP I'll link it to you
I'm using the version I posted above with the Cheotech unit in my car and it works great. I can navigate with screen on and stream audio via Bluetooth, and the phone charge level will increase. Just excellent.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
I'm using the version I posted above with the Cheotech unit in my car and it works great. I can navigate with screen on and stream audio via Bluetooth, and the phone charge level will increase. Just excellent.
I was thinking about doing the same with mine seeing how I don't have anywhere else to put my other wireless chargers so if I do I'll post pictures.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: I will keep this OP updated if any issues arise, and add in more observations over time.

Choetech 60W 6 Port Quick Charge 2.0 Hub:
    This charger was given to me for free in exchange for a fair and honest review

Packaging:
    When it comes to buying items the first impression is key, and that’s where the packaging comes into play. I don’t generally purchase products again if they seem to be poorly packaging since that indicates the initial level of quality I can expect from a company. This isn’t always the case, but more often than not it makes a difference in my opinion.
    Both chargers arrived in a nice discrete brown box that contained a sleeve with all of the relevant information about the products inside. Each charger was packaged well with ample protector so neither one would float around in their box during shipping. The chargers themselves were in plastic sleeves to prevent any damage/scratches which seemed to work well.

Pictures:

Overview
    Charging hubs are not always an item that many people would consider, but they provide a great alternative, and avoid clutter. These hubs (I have 2 on my desk right now) are particularly important if you have a situation where outlets are limited, or you want a simple way to charge things on your desk. Personally I don’t like having a bunch of things plugged into a powerstrip, so this is why I prefer using a multiport charging hub. The build quality of the Choetech is quite different from my Tronsmart 80W hub. It features a soft touch finish on ~90% of the charger, and the other 10% is a nice textured plastic. The charger itself is very compact for what it’s offering which is nice. I don’t need a charger with a huge footprint since I already have a lot of things floating around my desk (Surface dock, Surface Pro 4, school work, phones etc..) I also wanted to point out the length of the proprietary power cable. The cable is around 6[ft] which makes it ideal in my case because I can move it around just about anywhere on my desk. I couldn’t do this with the Tronsmart that I also have because the power cable was about half of that length.

What’s inside:
    -60W 6 Port charging hub
    -Power cable ~6[ft]
    -Micro USB cable ~3[ft]

Ports:
    The 60W charger features 6 ports in total, 2 of which support Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 2.0 standard. The other two ports which are referred to as “Smart Ports” will provide 5V/2.4A charging to supported devices. Since this is a 60W charger it can provide the rated power output for all 6 ports simultaneously which makes it great for when you need to charge a bunch of devices at once. I have 3 phones, an Android Wear watch, and 2 external batteries that I can plug into the hub if I really need to charge them at the same time. There is ample room between each port, so any if not all cables should work just fine. I tested around 15 that I have laying around without any issues.
    [ URL=http://s39.photobucket.com/user/Tmpilz/media/IMG_0099.jpg.html]
    IMG_0099.jpg
    [/URL]

Charging

QC2.0 Port Test vs Samsung charger

Overall
    I think Choetech made a good multiport hub in a small package that has a lot to offer. I didn’t experience any issues, and I enjoyed the soft touch finish on the charger. I see no reason to not recommend using this hub if it’s something that you need.

Choetech 3 Coil Fast Wireless Charger

Overview
    I’ve owned a plethora of wireless chargers over the years, but I sold most of them with their accompanying phone. With wireless charging the design, and ease of placement is what will make or break a charger for me. The Choetech 10W Fast Wireless charger has some nice features that some of my old ones did not. (For reference I’ve owned qi chargers from TYLT, Aukey, Nokia, Anker, RavPower etc.) Choetech made the charger with a low profile, and elongated shape to help with the placement of your phone. On the underside of the charger there are 4 feet that help keep it from sliding around, unfortunately in my case it still moves around freely on both my night stand and desk. (YMMV on how well it stays in place) On the top there is a ‘wireless charging’ logo that is actually a very minimally raised rubber insert that keeps your phone from sliding off. I tried to move my slippery S7 Edge around on it, and it did move, but nowhere near as easily as it would without the added grip. There is an indicator light on the top toward the micro USB input that will glow a different color based on the charging speed and state (see the below color code table). I haven’t experienced any placement issues other than noticing how the S7 Edge acts when you move it off the pad and back on swiftly. It’s virtually impossible to not place the phone on the pad and not have it charge, so that’s great!

What’s inside:
    -Qi 10W Fast charger
    -Micro USB cable ~3[ft]

Ports:
    The wireless charger only features 1 port, and that’s a micro USB input for the pad. It is oriented “Nexus Style” which means it’s upside down relative to how Samsung and other OEM’s have their port. I don’t mind it being this way, and frankly it doesn’t make a difference it was just an observation.

Charging
    Note: You need a QC 2.0 charger to power this wireless charging pad in order to use the 10W fast charging.
    15-100% Charging Test Compared to the stock charger

All Chargers

Just the Wireless Chargers

The Choetech 10W wireless charger does charge your phone faster than the Samsung Fast wireless charger as can be see in the above graph. All of the chargers were tested the same way from (14% battery) with data recorded in intervals over time.

Testing the voltage without a phone

Overall
    I’ve always enjoyed wireless charging more so than any other type (including USB Type-C) due to its convenience. Choetech made a nice simple high quality wireless charger that I plan to use every day (even when my Samsung one arrives) because I like how it’s designed, and the fast charging capabilities.

Cheers.
    Ah, cheers.

It will not work at all with Samsungs wall adapter included with the phone. You need a QC2.0 18W power supply to use the charger; I have seen it work with lower rates ones but just not Samsungs wall charger
    Hmm, cheers for that. Guess I'll stick with wired for the car.
    What car charger are you trying to use? I have about 5 QC 2.0 ones that I could test with it if you wanted.
    Thank you very much.

It's the "AUKEY 30W 2 Port USB Car Charger"

http://www.aukey.com/product/cc-t1-car-charger-car-charger