[Guide] Sprint/Verizon Galaxy SIII Flash to Page Plus Cellular Tutorial [Video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
You don't need to put the original MEID and passwords back?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

williamlw

Feb 24, 2013
txt and calling stopped

anybody have their gs3 on pp stop calling (in and outbound) and txting (in and out), but still have 3g access??

Nevell flashed mine and everything was working fine friday evening, but this morning txt and calling stopped. can browse the web though and no, i am not connected to wi-fi. i can't even call 611. phone is whining about the sim card, which i don't need. anybody seen this?

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
anybody have their gs3 on pp stop calling (in and outbound) and txting (in and out), but still have 3g access??

Nevell flashed mine and everything was working fine friday evening, but this morning txt and calling stopped. can browse the web though and no, i am not connected to wi-fi. i can't even call 611. phone is whining about the sim card, which i don't need. anybody seen this?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1922408

Nevell

Jan 14, 2011
Walterboro
www.cpsunlocks.com

No worries bro I'll get you sorted out as soon as you respond to my emails.

Reactions: williamlw

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
Why would you need to put the MEID back? The SIM card will reprogram the phone once its back in R-UIM mode.

If you don't need to put the MEID back, then theoretically, you can put the SIM card on a bad ESN VZW GS3. So this defeats the purpose of VZW enforcing their policy on bad ESN phones. Or am I misunderstanding your comment?

stangboycic

Feb 1, 2008
If you don't need to put the MEID back, then theoretically, you can put the SIM card on a bad ESN VZW GS3. So this defeats the purpose of VZW enforcing their policy on bad ESN phones. Or am I misunderstanding your comment?

Newsflash everybody. I've experienced this twice before. Most recently I've had a friend report her S3 lost, she got a replacement and the old one is still showing as clean in their database, not sure if they aren't locking out their sim card phones or what. Anybody else seen this happen?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

dmonleo

Dag.....man I just read this entire thread. Nevell I will hit you up once I purchase the latest CDMA workshop. That other one I asked about does seem to work. Anyways, I look forward to getting this done. I would rather have 3g working vs. 1x, also if I can get the stock MMS too. Thanks in advance!

You give tutorials/advice on workshop in general?

Nevell

Jan 14, 2011
Walterboro
www.cpsunlocks.com

What I'm asking is why would you have to put the meid back when its not supposed to even be changed on the GS3 period?

AlpineMan

Aug 6, 2008
For whatever reason the guy above had for changing the MEID on a VZW GS3 (perhaps he wants to use a donor or bad esn?), he asked whether he needed to put the MEID back to bring the phone back to original VZW service. And you answered no...because the SIM would take care of it.

futr_vision

Sep 1, 2011
Is the prcess the same for new and existing accounts on PP?

So, I am not sure if there was ever an answer for this. Is the process of switching out phones on PP the same as flashing a phone to a new account on PP? I already have an account with PP using a VZ Wireless Samsung Smooth. I am swapping that one out for the VZ GS3. When calling PP they said they could switch over the phone and I would have talk and text but that they could not help me with the programming. I assume they meant they couldn't help me get 3G.

Now, to get 3G I understand I need a donor phone. I have a Samsung Smooth which is not a 3G phone but i also have a VZ LG Chocolate and a VZ Droid X. I was planning on selling off the Droid X but if I need to keep it I'll do that. the Chocolate was given to me for free and I do not know the history of the phone other than it worked fine on PP until I got my Droid X which I used on Verizon.

Any help/clarification would be great! TIA

Reactions: dmonleo

stangboycic

Feb 1, 2008
So, I am not sure if there was ever an answer for this. Is the process of switching out phones on PP the same as flashing a phone to a new account on PP? I already have an account with PP using a VZ Wireless Samsung Smooth. I am swapping that one out for the VZ GS3. When calling PP they said they could switch over the phone and I would have talk and text but that they could not help me with the programming. I assume they meant they couldn't help me get 3G.

Now, to get 3G I understand I need a donor phone. I have a Samsung Smooth which is not a 3G phone but i also have a VZ LG Chocolate and a VZ Droid X. I was planning on selling off the Droid X but if I need to keep it I'll do that. the Chocolate was given to me for free and I do not know the history of the phone other than it worked fine on PP until I got my Droid X which I used on Verizon.

Any help/clarification would be great! TIA

One thing to keep in mind. On Pageplus a donor phone doesn't mean that phone is no longer any good. In fact I've used the same donor phone to flash over 50 phones now. The best phones to use are the older android or windows phones. Phones such as the chocolate as I recall used WAP protocol. Which wouldn't work for what you're trying to achieve.

Nevell

Jan 14, 2011
Walterboro
www.cpsunlocks.com
One thing to keep in mind. On Pageplus a donor phone doesn't mean that phone is no longer any good. In fact I've used the same donor phone to flash over 50 phones now. The best phones to use are the older android or windows phones. Phones such as the chocolate as I recall used WAP protocol. Which wouldn't work for what you're trying to achieve.

I used my Droid Incredible around 2,000 times Lol

na3eem

Feb 28, 2013
I flashed my s3 (Sprint bad ESN) to Page plus and i have full 3g, talk, text working,, however I have a wierd problem, whenever my phone is in the charger, I lose all connection & when it is unplugged, the connection comes back up again. Does anyone experience this problem and know of a fix?? maybe its the flash thats making it happen? Im rooted also... i dont have a custom rom (I dont think)... can anyone help with this issue? thanks

stangboycic

Feb 1, 2008
I flashed my s3 (Sprint bad ESN) to Page plus and i have full 3g, talk, text working,, however I have a wierd problem, whenever my phone is in the charger, I lose all connection & when it is unplugged, the connection comes back up again. Does anyone experience this problem and know of a fix?? maybe its the flash thats making it happen? Im rooted also... i dont have a custom rom (I dont think)... can anyone help with this issue? thanks

Are you using the original charger and cable?

na3eem

Feb 28, 2013
Are you using the original charger and cable?

yes all original. and also tried it with numerous cables... it always does it in my house... it is weird.... I heard its something dealing with if your area has old verizon towers it will disconnect... it is like a bug in the software... like when i charge it at school... its fine,,, never loses service.. but once i get home.. all service lost when charging and i have to unplug it for it to work again... my friend has a s3 too (Sprint flashed to PP) and it also does the same thing at his house....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I No longer support this thread due to the lack of time I have lately. This video will show you how to get up and running on P+ with 1x data only.
    This wil work for the Sprint, Verizon and US Cellular variant.
    Yes I can get 3G but, the method is not allowed on this forum.
    Please don't PM me asking how to get 3G as I will not reply.
    Hit thanks if you watched this video please :)

OP updated with full 3G tutorial. I'll leave it up for a few days. Its the last video in the OP.
    Thanks button below and donate button to the left. Don't forget to follow me on twitter.
    About d*** time!

okay so i finally got everything working on my SPRINT Galaxy s3 flashed to PAGEPLUS with mms. here goes:

this is for the Sprint GS3 I repeat the SPRINT one Not the Verizon one. Write everything without reading from the phone with the full version

of CDMAWS.

I was on stock rooted jellybean 4.1.1 with LG2 radio with spc changed to 000000.

I did absolutely nothing with the DMU folder or akey (never have for any phone i flash to be exact) but if u did remove it, flash back to stock with
    odin if u have to.

Set the mode pref to "CDMA HDR and LTE only" under the CDMA tab in CDMAWS. (if u dont u will get nothing but error 67 messages)

under the EVDO tab make sure both profile 1 and profile 0 are enabled with profile 1 as

the active profile, plug in the correct username and dun username with

ha and aaa keys for both profiles "mirrored them = make them the same".

set mobile IP behavior to Mobile + simple.

under the Data tab make sure Data QNC is checked/enabled.

IF YOU NEED YOUR HA or AAA keys for PagePlus or VZWPP PM ME!

MMS and Youtube streaming:

go to dialer and dial ##3282#, tap edit and enter SPC (mine is all zeroes now) click others then click MMSC URL change it to
    http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms (make sure it looks exactly like that or ur MMS wont work). back out and tap Multimedia change the fields to this:
    RTSP proxy Address: 0.0.0.0
    RTSP proxy port: 0
    HTTPPD proxy address: 0.0.0.0
    HTTPPD proxy port: 0

back all the way out and restart ur phone if it doesnt reset automatically. Once your phone is back up download GoSmsPro from the PlayStore.
    open it up and go to settings and under advanced go to MMS Settings. Scroll all the way down to the last field and check mark "Fill APN configuration manually". change the MMSC field to http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms back all the way out and restart your phone again and enjoy 3g, with MMS and youtube/video streaming.
    Thanks, you wouldn't mind sharing the 16 digit password would you? Also since its like the Verizon I would put the US Cellular S3 to NV Only?
    Yes but some US Cellular phones don't have to be put in NV because they already are.
    This is the US Cellular GS3 16 digit code and its what I use on the USCC Note 2

Let me know if it works.
    So how do I get ride of the "Insert SIM card" prompt every time I go to turn on the Mobile Data?

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Right on, because this is driving me nuts
    Upload failed because I left and laptop went to sleep. Its almost done now though @ 92%