Guide SIM UNLOCK T-MOBILE version all type of IMEI supported

Search This thread
G

GuestK00321

I was trying to sim unlock bad IMEI (financed) all services refused to unlock I managed to sim unlock very easy

1 you need to convert to international version follow this thread By AnonymousTipster ( great thanks ) (https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6t/how-to/t-mobile-6t-to-international-t3888307 )
2 unlock bootloader
3 type this commands
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot reboot

thats all
you can also backup modemst1 and modemst2 files before this steps

you won't loose imei or have some problem phone works without any problem just tested

Last edited:

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Congrats bro

Alright bro, I thought this was an early April fool's joke at first but it's apparently not. Congrats n sorry for the early doubts... I had just read your posts about trying a sim unlock thru some company and it being successful but the tmo app wasn't working so I figured that's where your sim got unlocked it had just carried over to the international version but apparently not. It's crazy that this is how easy it is to bootloader unlock & unlock your sim. Definitely backup your modemst with readback mode in msm

Last edited:
G

GuestK00321

No guide ends with the user deleting their modem. I mean come on man dont mess with people. You've been all over the forum last few days with a stolen phone with a bad imei trying to get it unlocked. U just said blowfish finally came thru n u got it unlocked. How r u gonna claim someone elses work tell everyone it does something it really doesn't do (which is sim unlock the device!) And then have them delete their modems and ask for a donation.... Too funny April fool's ISN'T for a week dude.

1 phone is not stolen its financed ordered from ebay as unlocked I was scammed was not able to return from oversies
2 you can backup your modems and then try deleting with this commands they are not deleting I tryed 2 times
3 after blowfish confirmed that phone was unlocked opened unlock app > permanent unlock was receiving same error delleted app data same error factory reset - same error reflashed firmware same error after that this commands worked

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190326-023254.jpg
    Screenshot_20190326-023254.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 6,693
  • Screenshot_20190326-174143.jpg
    Screenshot_20190326-174143.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 6,688
Last edited:
G

GuestK00321

all unlock services included blowfish unlock cellunlocker few one from ebay . tyed many of them they refunded money (blowfish returned credits to account) main reason wan device was not active 40 days this services can unlock bad imei phones but if device was not active 40 days they can't more than month I was trying to unlock but only this commands worked if you think you will loose modems to backup try this method
Download & Open up Terminal Emulator on your phone

Once it's open you'll be greeted with a command line prompt, in which you can enter text commands, the first thing you need to do is enable root access by entering this line (press the enter key on your on-screen keyboard after each command to issue it):

Code:
su
If this is the first time you've used Terminal Emulator a Superuser or SuperSU popup will appear, make sure you grant root access.

Now enter these two commands:

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/sdf2 of=/sdcard/modemst1.bin bs=2048
Code:
dd if=/dev/block/sdf3 of=/sdcard/modemst2.bin bs=2048

G

GuestK00321

Bro ur funny we use magisk n we don't dd modems thru terminal to back anything up.... Tell me technically what sense would it make to delete your modem how would that unlock your sim? See if u really did unlock ur sim n bootloader for free by flashing to international and then deleting ur modems (lol) then you would have put twrp on and actually rooted upgraded to beta 7 or flashed an aosp (at least that's what I'd assume cause that's what we unlock the bootloader for) so post some screenshots of whatever ROM ur on or a video of the process with u proving ur not lying. Cause as far as I know absolutely no information regarding the devices unlocked sim state reside in the modem. Imei in Efs maybe or on the board in the phone but not on a piece of a stock rom that some of the best developers on here just overlooked but u magically figured it out.... Quit it dude go home

Yes bro I was very funny looking when this worked Im using non T-Mobile sim my number is not covered txt me for for instructions :D One guy from my country have same phone tmo locked I will take video for you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190326-182214.jpg
    Screenshot_20190326-182214.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 4,808
  • Screenshot_20190326-182201.jpg
    Screenshot_20190326-182201.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 4,816

robbie1104

Mar 26, 2019
Hi, I believe you, and I want to try this method... but where are the source of your information? How did you know puting those comands will work?

Thank you!!!

G

GuestK00321

Hi again, just one more question: How did you root the device (to make modem backup) with locked bootloader??
Before phone turned on I was searching modem files I was ready that phone doesn't turns on. But everything was good i don't lost my imei and phone is sim unlocked

G

GuestK00177

Before phone turned on I was searching modem files I was ready that phone doesn't turns on. But everything was good i don't lost my imei and phone is sim unlocked

Some people I know discovered this work around in November if u make a modemst back up of both modems first, use msm readback to backup imei, then wipe modem, then sim unlocked, restore modem files and imei with msm readback mode. It's just very risky. So if u know how to use msm readback mode and smt mode then go for this, @nika_bego you are correct. For the haters, grow up man, u are incorrect, this man is correct. There are multiple ways to do things in android. I was part of the initial team that first achieved root with this phone with a locked bootloader via aging kernel. Which then led to wiping the modems..we had to keep it between ourselves or chaos would erupt on xda. Plus the mods get so upset if u talk about hacks, modded apps, imei anything and restoring stuff.

Thanks, good job man

G

GuestK00321

Some people I know discovered this work around in November if u make a modemst back up of both modems first, use msm readback to backup imei, then wipe modem, then sim unlocked, restore modem files and imei with msm readback mode. It's just very risky. So if u know how to use msm readback mode and smt mode then go for this, @nika_bego you are correct. For the haters, grow up man, u are incorrect, this man is correct. There are multiple ways to do things in android. I was part of the initial team that first achieved root with this phone with a locked bootloader via aging kernel. Which then led to wiping the modems..we had to keep it between ourselves or chaos would erupt on xda. Plus the mods get so upset if u talk about hacks, modded apps, imei anything and restoring stuff.

Thanks, good job man
:good:
thanks ;)

EspElement

Jan 19, 2012
No guide ends with the user deleting their modem. I mean come on man dont mess with people. You've been all over the forum last few days with a stolen phone with a bad imei trying to get it unlocked. U just said blowfish finally came thru n u got it unlocked. How r u gonna claim someone elses work tell everyone it does something it really doesn't do (which is sim unlock the device!) And then have them delete their modems and ask for a donation.... Too funny April fool's ISN'T for a week dude.

Modemst1 and 2 is settings, not modem.

kramer987

Dec 22, 2010

Thanks, good job man

can confirm same.

sandix

Oct 25, 2010
USA
urgero.org
Hi again, just one more question: How did you root the device (to make modem backup) with locked bootloader??

I don't believe this guy either. However it is actually true that converting the TMO variant to the International using this: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6t/how-to/t-mobile-6t-to-international-t3888307 will allow a simple
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
instead of having to go through OnePlus/TMO to get unlock.bin file.

Doing the conversion, then unlocking the bootloader, then rooting as normal. However I do not for one second believe that erasing the modem will unlock the SIM.

Edit: Looks like it might be possible to SIM unlock with this HOWEVER it requires MORE STEPS not only what is listed in the OP.

OP - Can you please update your post with a full, detailed list, of what to do?

Last edited:

robbie1104

Mar 26, 2019
I was trying to sim unlock bad IMEI (financed) all services refused to unlock I managed to sim unlock very easy

1 you need to convert to international version follow this thread By AnonymousTipster ( great thanks ) (https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6t/how-to/t-mobile-6t-to-international-t3888307 )
2 unlock bootloader
3 type this commands
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot reboot

thats all

you won't loose imei or have some problem phone works without any problem just tested

It is really necessary to unlock bootloader first?? I flashed 9.0.12 and OEM unlock under Developer settings is grayed and disabled... Do i have to flash 9.0.11 to unlock OEM?? In what version of OxygenOS did you make this procedure??

Thank you!!!

G

GuestK00321

It is really necessary to unlock bootloader first?? I flashed 9.0.12 and OEM unlock under Developer settings is grayed and disabled... Do i have to flash 9.0.11 to unlock OEM?? In what version of OxygenOS did you make this procedure??

Thank you!!!

I flashed 9.0.11 done this steps and then locked bootloader after updated to 9.0.12

G

GuestK00177

I don't believe this guy either. However it is actually true that converting the TMO variant to the International using this: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6t/how-to/t-mobile-6t-to-international-t3888307 will allow a simple instead of having to go through OnePlus/TMO to get unlock.bin file.

Doing the conversion, then unlocking the bootloader, then rooting as normal. However I do not for one second believe that erasing the modem will unlock the SIM.

Edit: Looks like it might be possible to SIM unlock with this HOWEVER it requires MORE STEPS not only what is listed in the OP.

OP - Can you please update your post with a full, detailed list, of what to do?
U gotta use readback mode on msm to back it up first. Then wipe smt wipe it then use it to restore the modemst. A and b and then u have to restore imei. A quick Google search will help u with that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can confirm that after restoring to the stock T-Mobile MSM, the bootloader is unlockable. You do not need to wait the 40 Day Sim Unlock time frame.

This is great. Someone should out all this in an T-Mobile Tips / Tricks thread.

Here are condensed version of the steps I took.

1. Flash international ROM using MSM Tool
    2. Unlock bootloader
    3. Erase modemst1/2
    4. MSM back to T-Mobile
    5. Fastboot to get OEM token and submit on OnePlus site.
    6. Let all OTA's take place as they should
    7. Wait 7 days and unlock bootloader with full T-Mobile software "tweaks"

This method will also work for people still on a payment plan and have not paid off the phone. They can get unlock token even though they are still paying on device otherwise device would have to be paid off before the 40 day period even begins.

In a week I will have the unlock code... Two weeks faster than I would have. I wish I just tried this first instead of trying to ride out the 40 days. The funny thing is, it doesn't matter because I will more than likely end up running the latest beta anyways. I guess its just the thought of having a fully unlocked phone with no strings.

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2

Thank you for posting this. I did not realize it was going to be this simple!
    G
    GuestK00321

2 unlock bootloader
    3 type this commands
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot reboot

thats all

Congrats bro

Alright bro, I thought this was an early April fool's joke at first but it's apparently not. Congrats n sorry for the early doubts... I had just read your posts about trying a sim unlock thru some company and it being successful but the tmo app wasn't working so I figured that's where your sim got unlocked it had just carried over to the international version but apparently not. It's crazy that this is how easy it is to bootloader unlock & unlock your sim. Definitely backup your modemst with readback mode in msm
    That's what I did....but it's not guaranteed to stay clean though....but I can change it if push comes to shove...or get a dual SIM tray from eBay and use the second Sim slot which wud have a clean imei...win win.... I paid 230 on eBay...great condition..no accessories..but got 23 dollar eBay bucks to boot:)
    Just remembered TMobile IMEI is the same on both slots. The only way would be to change the IMEI, but that requires special equipment.
    haven't but i am up for anything... maybe

Decided to try it now. Figured whats the worst that can happen. I am used to my device being in disarray from my dev years. This will atleast give me something to do. I know I cant be the only one who wonders... Just for the sake of wondering...

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Yay it works! The T-Mobile Unlock App shows unlocked after clearing the modemst1/2.

I did this using the fastboot method. Now I am going to flash the complete stock T-Mobile MSM Package. Then I will report how it acts then.