[Q] Full phone backup in twrp...

Search This thread

Norside

Aug 25, 2013
A place south in the north!
Hello aigan, I have taken a backup of my phone, but I didn't have enough space to take a backup of my data which was on whopping 3,2 gb (data only!) The total backupsize with data was on 6(!) gb! And I didn't have enough space to take a backup of that...So, what do I lose if I backup a backup with just system, boot, and recovery, and not data? Do I loose all my pictures, apps etc?

And, how to I delete backups from twrp?

Might be some noob questions,but I want to ensure what I am doing:cowboy:

WolfmanJack

Feb 11, 2014
Hello aigan, I have taken a backup of my phone, but I didn't have enough space to take a backup of my data which was on whopping 3,2 gb (data only!) The total backupsize with data was on 6(!) gb! And I didn't have enough space to take a backup of that...So, what do I lose if I backup a backup with just system, boot, and recovery, and not data? Do I loose all my pictures, apps etc?

If you do not backup your data then yes you will lose apps, pictures, ringtones, contacts etc. I back my contacts and apps up via my gmail acct. as far as pictures, ringtones and things like that I would look into slimming down by dropping the ones you don't use onto your computer or a cloud storage system if you want constant access to them but do not want them taking up the space on your phone.

in order to delete backups from TWRP you can use either a root file browser such as Root Browser to locate the backup (sdcard0/twrp/backups/[name of backup folder]) or plug the phone into your computer and go into you internal storage then locate the TWRP folder and delete that way. Oh one more way... Under the advanced tab in TWRP you can select file manager and locate the folder and delete that way as well.

Reactions: Norside

findinghomer

Aug 13, 2013
I'm wondering if you use google play music, and have pinned a lot of music to your phone? If so ..... That is a huge chunk of your "data" No need to back that up, it's already in the cloud.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Schindler069

Oct 1, 2013
I'm wondering if you use google play music, and have pinned a lot of music to your phone? If so ..... That is a huge chunk of your "data" No need to back that up, it's already in the cloud.

I would question that too. My backups are around 2 gigs and i have like 220+ Apps installed. So you should maybe backup you media (photos,music,...) differently.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you do not backup your data then yes you will lose apps, pictures, ringtones, contacts etc. I back my contacts and apps up via my gmail acct. as far as pictures, ringtones and things like that I would look into slimming down by dropping the ones you don't use onto your computer or a cloud storage system if you want constant access to them but do not want them taking up the space on your phone.

in order to delete backups from TWRP you can use either a root file browser such as Root Browser to locate the backup (sdcard0/twrp/backups/[name of backup folder]) or plug the phone into your computer and go into you internal storage then locate the TWRP folder and delete that way. Oh one more way... Under the advanced tab in TWRP you can select file manager and locate the folder and delete that way as well.