4.2.2 Concerns

Search This thread

BigMcGuire

Nov 29, 2010
California
I've opened a thread before but the only response I got was it's working same or better then 4.3 but I'm seeing tons of bugs posted in the thread can anyone gimme a list of things they noticed aren't working

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I second this... I had a Moto X and have a Nexus 7 2013. When 4.4 was coming out, I was excited because everyone was talking about how much smaller it was, more efficient - better on battery it would be. When it was released, it was a HUGE disappointment. Tons of stuff broke with 4.4 prompting a quick 4.4.2 release to fix all those problems. 4.4 had HIGH OS usage - so high that I had 1/4th the battery life as I did with 4.3. 4.4 broke Bluetooth volume control - it would default to MAX volume and no matter how much you hit down, it would go up. That really hit me hard. My Moto X was useless with my bluetooth headphones. Of course Nexus 7 got 4.4.2 instantly, but the Moto X didn't get 4.4.2 until after I dropped it for the Note 3 because I couldn't stand how buggy 4.4 was.

4.4.2 is OK - they fixed a lot of the bugs that 4.4 had. Sure, it uses less space. I'm not seeing that much better battery life than 4.3 though... Somewhat of a disappointment.

4.4.2 is kinda misunderstood in my opinion. They put a lot more processes under "Android OS" so it reports a higher battery usage than 4.3 just because more processes report under it. So people automatically assume it's worse because of that. Not sure who on Google's side thought that would be a good thing... but whatever.

It took Verizon FOREVER to come out with 4.4.2 for the Note 3 so I'm thinking there's a lot of issues with this phone in particular with 4.4.2 - because of how Samsung has this phone set up. But that's just a guess.

I'm running 4.4.2 right now without any problems. It's really stable and I don't have any problems (bluetooth or otherwise). I noticed that FolderMount's "Hide from gallery option" doesn't work like it did on 4.3 but I can go without that for now - it works but just takes too long to turn on.

Edit. Ooops I see thread title is 4.2.2 --- I'm sorry if that's what you meant instead of 4.4.2.

Last edited: