Google play services Crashing Repeatedly

Search This thread

ScallywagginIT

Aug 14, 2011
Salt Lake City, UT
Has anyone experienced Google play services stopping unexpectedly and crashing repeatedly since Google pushed the new update for it on 01/16/2014? My Google play services keeps crashing and from what I read in the reviews on the Play Store for the "app," it seems to be doing the same thing for a lot of other users. I have already tried wiping cache and even factory resetting my phone, but it does not fix the problem. Uninstalling updates for the app on the phone immediately generates a message from Hangouts, stating that the newest version is required. Anyone care to comment or let me know of a workaround for this? I am wondering if Google will release a fixed update soon again or if maybe waiting until KitKat will make it more compatible? Thanks!

Last edited:

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
Has anyone experienced Google play services stopping unexpectedly and crashing repeatedly since Google pushed the new update for it on 01/16/2014? My Google play services keeps crashing and from what I read in the reviews on the Play Store for the "app," it seems to be doing the same thing for a lot of other users. I have already tried wiping cache and even factory resetting my phone, but it does not fix the problem. Uninstalling updates for the app on the phone immediately generates a message from Hangouts, stating that the newest version is required. Anyone care to comment or let me know of a workaround for this? I am wondering if Google will release a fixed update soon again or if maybe waiting until KitKat will make it more compatible? Thanks!

Try clearing data for the app itself, in the "App info" area.

Apr 17, 2013

How to unlock bootloader on 183.46.15?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FYI the new version 4.2.42 of Google Play Services fixed all crashing issues. The issues were only with v4.1.

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-develope4rs app