!!!(Q) Help bricked kindle fire 6.3

Search This thread

techsal123

Apr 1, 2012
okay so i was trying to root my kindle fire and i didnt get su any where so then i tryed to install cwm and now its stuck at the yellow triangle and it wont go into recovery and it also will not connect to adb i need hellp ASAP

arsynenko

Apr 1, 2012
Lviv
Do not afraid. I have got the same experience :) Let God bless the search button :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1568340

unzip fbmode.zip

adb push fbmode /data/local/fbmode
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/fbmode
adb shell /data/local/fbmode
adb reboot

Your kindle will "get stuck" on the kindle fire screen, but really it's just in fastboot mode.

fastboot -i 0x1949 boot twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img

Your device will now boot into twrp recovery, and flash the firefirefire bootlaoder. When done it will prompt you to reboot. Upon reboot you will get stuck on the "yellow triangle" screen of firefire fire.

fastboot oem idme bootmode 5002
fastboot reboot

Reactions: techsal123

techsal123

Apr 1, 2012
thanks everyone for your help but i solved it what i was doing was unsing the kindle fire utility trying to instal latest firefirefire but it just sat there and so i just went into the utility and reinstaled the twrp and it booted normal!!

ChrisKenison

Apr 5, 2011
Bricked Kindle

Okay, I'm not having the same issue, but I'm pretty sure I've completely, irevicalbly, bricked my kindle.

I know that I'm not in Fastboot mode, I've experienced that issue and solved it with the KFU.

Here's what I did:

I used the KFU to root my kindle. That worked fine. I was able to load all the Google apps (which was my initial goal). Then, I got greedy and decided that ICS was my next step - oops.

I followed the instructions on the following site:

androidauthority.com/kindle-fire-miui-4-ics-55853/

Note: I know, I'm an idiot - I should have paid attention to comments! UGH!

After I did this, I now only get the firefirefire logo and that is it. I can't load/reload TWRP and I can't change my bootmode to normal or recovery. The thing is, no matter which computer I plug the device into, the computer won't recognize the device. I get a message saying something "malfunctioned" when I plug it in. I've tried 3 different Windows machines (I've installed/reinstalled drivers I don't know how many times!) and I even tried loading Linux on a spare laptop and that didn't work either.

So, I tried the next thing I could think of. I followed the instructions on the following site:

ramble.karrth.com - Section "Troubleshooting TWRP

which involved removing the back cover, shorting a circuit (to force usbboot) and plugging my Kindle in. This didn't work for me either.

At this point, I'm willing to try anything. I'm not quite sure how to fix this issue. I think my next step is to either order a factory cable or make my own and try that, but if my bootloader is broke (truely broke) will that even work?

Please, if I should post this in another forum/place, just let me know. Any help appreciated!

ChrisKenison

Apr 5, 2011
I should also not that nothing comes up in my device manager. It does come up as a unrecognized USB bit goes away after telling me there was a malfunction.

kinfauns

Retired Senior Moderator and Retired DC Lead
Jan 5, 2012
I should also not that nothing comes up in my device manager. It does come up as a unrecognized USB bit goes away after telling me there was a malfunction.

If you get the yellow triangle logo to come up, then it's probably in fastboot mode. If you reboot it while it's connected to your computer and you get some device detection beeps from Windows, it's likely to be a driver issue. Look here...

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23747671&postcount=2

You might want to read the first post in that thread too.

Watch carefully as the device boots up and you get the yellow triangle logo. If that boot logo comes up and stays there, it's in fastboot. If the boot logo comes up, the screens blacks out, and then the boot logo comes back up (dimmer) then it's either trying to get into recovery or booting into the OS and failing.

I would try setting the bootmode to normal in KFU and when it says "<waiting for device>" reboot the Kindle Fire. Since you have FFF, the fastboot program on your computer will wait for the Kindle Fire's FFF bootloader to get into temporary fastboot and reset the bootmode when the KF is ready.

ChrisKenison

Apr 5, 2011
But, the computer won't even recognize there is a device connected to it

I will have to try installing the drivers from the Android SDK... maybe that will turn up something. But, by installing the drivers from KFU, it doesn't work.

When I plug the device in, it beeps at me saying device is unrecognize and it couldn't install drivers because there was a malfunction. In the device manager (while that's happening) it shows up as an unrecognized usb device. Then, it goes away (the device doesn't stay in the device manager). Then, that whole thing happens again one more time. There isn't anything for me to update in the device manager... thoughts?

ChrisKenison

Apr 5, 2011
And because its not recognized in the device manger, kfu isn't picking it up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

kinfauns

Jan 5, 2012
I will have to try installing the drivers from the Android SDK... maybe that will turn up something. But, by installing the drivers from KFU, it doesn't work.

When I plug the device in, it beeps at me saying device is unrecognize and it couldn't install drivers because there was a malfunction. In the device manager (while that's happening) it shows up as an unrecognized usb device. Then, it goes away (the device doesn't stay in the device manager). Then, that whole thing happens again one more time. There isn't anything for me to update in the device manager... thoughts?

If you can't get the drivers working with the KFU distribution, you'll have a harder time with the SDK. They are the same drivers, but KFU has an updated, Kindle Fire specific .inf file for the driver and also installs the .ini file in the .android folder that you'll need. I don't know what you see in the device manager, but if you don't get one of the devices shown in the post I referred to earlier, I would try another Windows machine. You won't be able to do anything without getting it to detect your KF and load the proper drivers. If you are more adventurous, you could try pokey9000's Firekit (search for it) and try using linux to send it fastboot commands.

ChrisKenison

Apr 5, 2011
Yeah, that's my problem. I have tried 3 different windows machines (all windows 7) and, being the adventurous person i am I tried the Linux fix (removing back cover...) to no avail. All that did was make my kindle blink green. Not sure what that means either.

kinfauns

Jan 5, 2012
Yeah, that's my problem. I have tried 3 different windows machines (all windows 7) and, being the adventurous person i am I tried the Linux fix (removing back cover...) to no avail. All that did was make my kindle blink green. Not sure what that means either.

Well, if you can't get any of those scenarios to work out, maybe it's a hardware issue. It might be something as simple as a bad USB cable or something more serious within the KF itself. I've never had a problem with Windows or Linux not seeing the KF, so my hands on experience in this regard is limited... my KF has never been broken to that degree. I'm always curious to see what's going on with people's KF when they say nothing works, but my KF has never given me that opportunity.

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012

Sometimes in order to install the correct driver you need to delete the original from your computer because it will continue to attempt to revert to the default but beforehand try rebooting your computer and the kindle

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

yea mine is stuck on the firefirefire boot screen :(
Run the kf utility again install twrp and fff again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Install drivers as ADB composite with the Android SDK and then use this to change the bootmode
    The link you posted is not working due to the period in the URL at the end.
    Do not afraid. I have got the same experience :) Let God bless the search button :D

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1568340

unzip fbmode.zip

adb push fbmode /data/local/fbmode
    adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/fbmode
    adb shell /data/local/fbmode
    adb reboot

Your kindle will "get stuck" on the kindle fire screen, but really it's just in fastboot mode.

fastboot -i 0x1949 boot twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img

Your device will now boot into twrp recovery, and flash the firefirefire bootlaoder. When done it will prompt you to reboot. Upon reboot you will get stuck on the "yellow triangle" screen of firefire fire.

fastboot oem idme bootmode 5002
    fastboot reboot
    My kindle got the 6.3 update -solved!!

This has got to be one of the fastest ways I have rooted 6.3 kindle update
    i went on line here http://liliputing.com/2012/03/root-...ogle-play-store-with-kindle-fire-utility.html

downloaded the new kindle fire utility and ckick on Install permanent root with super user. got rooted in about 2 minutes with no trouble at all