[Q] Its possible to run recovery or download mode without using home key or JIG?

Search This thread

radek1996

Dec 17, 2013
Hi

I have problem with my I9000. My home button isnt working and i got bootloop! :(
So i cant run recovery or download mode using keys :(

I tried to connect USB at boot animation but ADB does not detect it! So i cant run recovery via "adb reboot recovery"
The computer detects it with no problems. I also tried to install different drivers, Windows using drivers for removable disk. I tried to give him the ADB drivers but still can not detect. Is there any other way to run a recovery or do I have to fix the home button to do something with system? :/

Before bootloop i have enabled debugging and i using latest HellyBean with kernel from zip

Last edited:

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
Open the phone and short the pins on PCB instead of pressing the home button if it's just your actual button that is broken.

Sent from the immortal Galaxy i9000

pryerlee

Nov 18, 2008
Bristol
have you tried booting to recovery just using power button and volume key? only saying that because my home button doesn't work but I can still boot to recovery with just the power button and the volume key. try it.

Last edited: