[Q] Galaxy S5 Active

Search This thread

Demmonnixx

Mar 20, 2013
Now that I've been messing with this thing for a while, I'd be ok with just debloating this baby.

Sent from here

You can do it just the same. Just go through through your apps and what ever you don;t use, turn it off, disable it, uninstall it if it'll let you.
All the ATT stuff I don't use and will never use I just turned it all off. If you're not sure how, got to settings, scroll all the way down app manager and scroll over to see whats running and what you don't use scroll over to ALL and turn what you don't use off.

johns86

Feb 18, 2014
You can do it just the same. Just go through through your apps and what ever you don;t use, turn it off, disable it, uninstall it if it'll let you.
All the ATT stuff I don't use and will never use I just turned it all off. If you're not sure how, got to settings, scroll all the way down app manager and scroll over to see whats running and what you don't use scroll over to ALL and turn what you don't use off.

I do. Every day that it updates, they reset themselves.

Sent from here

Demmonnixx

Mar 20, 2013
I do. Every day that it updates, they reset themselves.

Sent from here

Oh well that sucks, I didn't know that. Never bothered to check after I did it the first time. :mad: Thanks for the heads up:good:

EDIT: Actually mine have not came back since I've turned turned them off the first time? Have only done it once.

Last edited:

panthersdzynes

Feb 23, 2008
Evansville, Indiana
www.facebook.com
Ive installed a few different ROMs on my S5 Active. I have the AT&T variant. Tried some AT&T S5 ROMs which worked and some universal which did. Only issue I had was no health service. Otherwise some great ROMs. I could try to play around with a few, see which work with no flaws and simply install health services by itself. And I agree, the Active needs its own forum or at least sub forum.

johns86

Feb 18, 2014
Ive installed a few different ROMs on my S5 Active. I have the AT&T variant. Tried some AT&T S5 ROMs which worked and some universal which did. Only issue I had was no health service. Otherwise some great ROMs. I could try to play around with a few, see which work with no flaws and simply install health services by itself. And I agree, the Active needs its own forum or at least sub forum.

Yea that's probably the only thing holding me back. Full functionality. I'll bet those roms don't have the RF feature either.

panthersdzynes

Feb 23, 2008
Evansville, Indiana
www.facebook.com
If the S5 Active can get its own forum or at least a sub forum then we could use those ROMs and have the full functions of our device. There are a few different buttons on front, the health services, heart rate monitor on back, the "quick" button above the volume rocker. The ROMs for the S5 would work in most areas, but they need to be tweaked to have these extra features that the S5 doesnt have. Chefs have made their interest known, the users want it, the poll showed, I believe, 97% were for it. Now we are just waiting on XDA to create it. Hopefully sooner then later, I really like this device.

XXXRodeo

Aug 26, 2009
AT&ampT s5 active to tmobile

Is there a way to put tmobile s5 g900T software on the g870a so that it will work properly with tmobile its worth some money for me to be able to do this

Last edited:

johns86

Feb 18, 2014
I'm attempting to find something out through support in regards to our phones.
This is madness that we still have nothing to even sort thoughts and ideas from people who aren't Dev's.

Anyone else having a problem updating their phones via OTA?

Of course the ATT OTA update sometimes forces my phone to try a update, it downloads with no problem, and every time it goes to reboot the phone and do the install it fails. I would assume it is because my phone is rooted. So thankfully it does reject it. I would however love to update it something newer than 4.4.2...prerooted of course.

FtaWolf

Jun 27, 2010
Cana
I'm attempting to find something out through support in regards to our phones.
This is madness that we still have nothing to even sort thoughts and ideas from people who aren't Dev's.

Anyone else having a problem updating their phones via OTA?

Of course the ATT OTA update sometimes forces my phone to try a update, it downloads with no problem, and every time it goes to reboot the phone and do the install it fails. I would assume it is because my phone is rooted. So thankfully it does reject it. I would however love to update it something newer than 4.4.2...prerooted of course.
Start by reading here. There should be full per root full rom. Only think is ul need to update to latest kernel in thread after u install rom.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=58708902

Reactions: johns86

marcil802

Mar 16, 2015
Montréal
Bump!

Anyone else on here have a S5 Active that would like to know the same?

I do and I've been asking for long time. . It's even worth for me 8th in Canada.
I own the G870w version.

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

Hello!!

I have the s5 active, our bootloaders are locked just like the S5 ATT/VZW. You can install safestrap and flash any ROM that will work on the ATT S5 only. Xposed framework works, safestrap works, black theme works " need a few files from the international variant for black dialer/incallui to work right. I left mine stock, rooted via towel root, de bloated all the junk, black themed and Xposed framework tweaks. I just find stuff in the S5 threads and if I like I try lol..

As for me (Telus canada) should I look for the att safestrap
the international or the g900 Canadian ?

I got the g870w.

drguess

Nov 14, 2015
wanted saver if there is any room 5.1.1 S5 ACTIVE g870a ¿?

You lost me at, install android...

Sent from here

I have an S5 active g870a safestrap root and installed, wanted saver if there is any room 5.1.1 for this cell, and looked everywhere and there is nothing. And the OTA is not updated from my country (Chile) Current mind have the stock rom 4.4.2

davidof

Jun 6, 2008
Ciechanów
davidof.com.pl
l have g870f euro xeo version, bootloader unlocked :) but i dont find custom rom for 870F,
roms from 900F working but recent buton and back button not works. any idea how to repair??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have an S5 Active as well and want to put a custom ROM too. I really like the Xtrestolite ROM.

Hello!!

I have the s5 active, our bootloaders are locked just like the S5 ATT/VZW. You can install safestrap and flash any ROM that will work on the ATT S5 only. Xposed framework works, safestrap works, black theme works " need a few files from the international variant for black dialer/incallui to work right. I left mine stock, rooted via towel root, de bloated all the junk, black themed and Xposed framework tweaks. I just find stuff in the S5 threads and if I like I try lol..
    Bump!

Anyone else on here have a S5 Active that would like to know the same?
    A lot of questions being thrown around here.

There is no sub forum for the S5 Active, the request has been submitted but not approved.

You can flash ROMs after you root the phone by following this thread; S5 regular roms will work, just not the active button.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2794087

There is at least one specific S5 Active ROM
    http://xdaforums.com/att-galaxy-s5/development/rom-koolkit-s5-koolactive-v1-0-0b01-07-t2809957

Download Booster detail is here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2785410
    yes! for the active

I'd love a rom for the S5 Active, i love mine and want more customization, maybe by CM
    Always loved the CM ROMS!
    No such thing as s5 active roms supposedly. I haven't been keeping up with the forums for these anymore since this one is about it.
    It's good enough of a phone without a rom. Battery life is good, runs great, I just want to debloat this thing of ATT/Samsung crap.

What every happened to the idea of android being open source?

Sent from here