[Q] Help me Regarding Some Questions

Search This thread

Reardon

Apr 30, 2014
Hello, first of all i am new in this forum and new in using android cellphone.
i have purchased LG G2 unlocked.

can you please help me regarding few questions.
1. i want to change my mms settings from root access because i cannot find any option in mobile phone
i am unable to send or receive mms

2. i want to change my Data Settings like mobile no, owner's name, emails and Internet settings APN or etc from root access..
the data setting which we can view from ##data#

i am using my phone in Pakistan, on UFONE Network
i have LG G2 LS980 Sprint Version
my phone is rooted and i have root browser installed as well
please help me to fix these questions

Thanks

Last edited:

Cronic2009

May 13, 2012
Hello, welcome to a great site with loads of info on our model, plus 100's of other android models!

1. Get an APN app from the google playstore, such as Tweakker or Offline Apn, use it to get access to the APN menu then manually add the APN settings you need.

2. You can make changes in that ##DATA# menu, you just need to get your MSL #, when you hit edit, a box pops up, enter the MSL and it will allow you to edit these fields, I only changed 2 fields in that menu MMSC and Multimedia to my carrier.

Hope this helps you out, best of luck!

Last edited:

Reardon

Apr 30, 2014
Hello, welcome to a great site with loads of info on our model, plus 100's of other android models!

1. Get an APN app from the google playstore, such as Tweakker or Offline Apn, use it to get access to the APN menu then manually add the APN settings you need.

2. You can make changes in that ##DATA# menu, you just need to get your MSL #, when you hit edit, a box pops up, enter the MSL and it will allow you to edit these fields, I only changed 2 fields in that menu MMSC and Multimedia to my carrier.

Hope this helps you out, best of luck!

Thansk for the quick response and welcoming me.
i had installed tweakker but there is not pakistani networks available in that app and about offline APN can you tell me the exact name of the app please.

Thanks

Cronic2009

May 13, 2012
no problem, cheers..... it is called Offline SIM APN Database, use the free version and hit the "search APN settings for this SIM" button, then pick a carrier (any will really work, just to get the menu) , then hit the "Go to Android APN Settings" button there a menu will pop up and you can add a new apn, enter your needed APN settings.

Reardon

Apr 30, 2014
no problem, cheers..... it is called Offline SIM APN Database, use the free version and hit the "search APN settings for this SIM" button, then pick a carrier (any will really work, just to get the menu) , then hit the "Go to Android APN Settings" button there a menu will pop up and you can add a new apn, enter your needed APN settings.

Thanks i have tried this app and it's not saving the apn setting saying problem in creating apn setting
and also tried APN Manager pro.. not working anyone. i i have i think there is not any option are working
it's saying " you are using Ice Cream Sandwich. change is this version no longer allow for the direct writing of APN settings. the setting found will need to be manual copy and pasted. click go to android apn settings. and create a new apn entry then press back button on your device and press the copy button next to the value on the screen. return to the apn entry and paste each value into the new apn one by one" .when i am going there nothing works there is not any option of creating new APN or anything.

Cronic2009

May 13, 2012
find YOUR apn settings for YOUR carrier, open the APN settings menu, add NEW APN, fill out required fields, then you hit the menu button on your phone and choose SAVE APN, it will save and you will have a radio button next to the newly created APN!

Reardon

Apr 30, 2014
find YOUR apn settings for YOUR carrier, open the APN settings menu, add NEW APN, fill out required fields, then you hit the menu button on your phone and choose SAVE APN, it will save and you will have a radio button next to the newly created APN!

tried that also. unable to get/open "Add New APN" option

Cronic2009

May 13, 2012
when you are in the android APN settings menu, you have to hit the phones menu button, the 3 lines, it will say add new apn

Cronic2009

May 13, 2012
oh ok, well sorry then, I am out of ideas, thats how I got my APNs to work on my g2, best of luck!

Reardon

Apr 30, 2014
oh ok, well sorry then, I am out of ideas, thats how I got my APNs to work on my g2, best of luck!

i have tried all things but i am also not getting my setting done. except one thing which is upgraded OS. but i am aware that if my phone get locked or i will be unable to install new firmware. i dont know which firmware i have to install after 4.2.2. and i have not tried that before.

Cronic2009

May 13, 2012
i have tried all things but i am also not getting my setting done. except one thing which is upgraded OS. but i am aware that if my phone get locked or i will be unable to install new firmware. i dont know which firmware i have to install after 4.2.2. and i have not tried that before.

I would not upgrade to kk 4.4.2 to fix this issue, I personally would look into changing radios, you might also try doing the SIM unlock tutorial look for the part about making APNs stick.
Are you sure you have root permissions? confirm with root checker, root with ioroot if not

Reardon

Apr 30, 2014
I would not upgrade to kk 4.4.2 to fix this issue, I personally would look into changing radios, you might also try doing the SIM unlock tutorial look for the part about making APNs stick.
Are you sure you have root permissions? confirm with root checker, root with ioroot if not

ok i will try to sim unlock tutorial and yes i am sure i have root checker installed. and rooted with ioroot..
and i am afraid if my phone get locked by trying that. i have't tried that before.
and can you tell me which method i have to try ?

Last edited:

Reardon

Apr 30, 2014
i need other help also last night i received and long sms but when i am trying to send, it's sending into multiple parts. and one another problem is i cannot send or receive mms. can anyone tell me how to fix this problem also.

i have seen a setting came automatically in my apn panel now i can add new apn but i can use GSM Internet but cannot send mms or receive.. please help me to fix this issue
when i am sending MMS i am getting "Unfortunately,messaging has stopped".

Please Help Me :(

Last edited:

Dorcas Arhin

Jul 20, 2016
Please am in Ghana and i dont know how to do the G2 setting cos i dont have any APN or access point name to do it onlu 4G setting and Network mode so can u help me to do the internet settings