SideSqueeze - Add squeeze gestures to your Note8!

Search This thread

ffolkes

Oct 18, 2006
New Jersey
I've been working on an app that adds squeeze gestures to any watersealed phone (only tested with Samsung S8+/Note8). I have been using it myself for a while now, but I think it's ready for others to try. :)

Here is a Play store link.

XDA:DevDB Information
SideSqueeze, App for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)

Contributors
ffolkes

Version Information

Created 2018-03-19
Last Updated 2018-03-19

cstark27

Jul 2, 2010
I'll try it on my LG V30 but I need an APK - Play Store says unsupported device. Thanks.

moriel5

Jul 20, 2013
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
I realize that my phone was not thought about, and nor do I intend to use SideSqueeze (but great work nevertheless), however SideSqueeze just crashes on the Nexus 4 when the selected activity is supposed to occour (I was just testing it for the fun of it.

The Nexus 4 has a barometer, and SideSqeeze shows how hard I am squeezing the phone just fine, however it crashes whenever the desired action (in this case, toggling WiFi) is supposed to occour.

The same thing happens with the ForcePress feature.

I'll try testing a few more activities in the meantime.

Update: Using the home function is hit-or-miss, It works, but only part of the time, however it fails to work at all with ForcePress.

Edit: I had forgotten to post some vital specs:
ROM: CRDroid (based upon Lineage OS)
Android version: 7.1.2
Running Xposed Framework (no Magisk)

Last edited:

byseby

Oct 4, 2013
Cluj Napoca
Do not use this app with a popsocket, you will always trigger it when reaching for the notification area or anything on the left side

Jagat10

Aug 10, 2016
Katmandu
I've been working on an app that adds squeeze gestures to any watersealed phone (only tested with Samsung S8+/Note8). I have been using it myself for a while now, but I think it's ready for others to try. :)

Contributors
ffolkes

Version Information

Created 2018-03-19
Last Updated 2018-03-19

Tested it in my S5 Exynos
Works fine.
??

liverpoolfc1

Jan 11, 2018
Comes up with early access program full when you go to download . Approx when would early access be expanded ?

App looks great btw , just wanting to see when I could download it ?

psnijjar

Dec 30, 2014
jalandhar
Want to try it on pixel 2 xl on du rom. An apk would be really nice.. thanks. Anyone with apk please upload on some dropbox or else.

moriel5

Jul 20, 2013
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
My device is incompatible so..
Sorry about my initial behavior, however I was concerned about the OP being against the APK just being shared.

Let's wait for the OP to say something on the subject, and if you can't wait, then use "Galaxy" app store (based upon "Yalp Store") to download the app (after you log in your Google account).

You can get "Galaxy" from XDA Labs.

G

GuestK00254

Sorry about my initial behavior, however I was concerned about the OP being against the APK just being shared.

Let's wait for the OP to say something on the subject, and if you can't wait, then use "Galaxy" app store (based upon "Yalp Store") to download the app (after you log in your Google account).

Haha I didn't mean it like that I was just saying my phone wasn't compatible but thanks

Rocketfin

Nov 6, 2015

It doesn't work in Yalp or Galaxy because there aren't any compatible devices in the spoofing list

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Contributors
    ffolkes

Version Information

Created 2018-03-19
    Last Updated 2018-03-19
    Hi everyone!

I did not know this thread existed until a few hours ago. While I did initially try to make a DevDB project in the Note8 subforum a few days ago, I ended up deleting it. I don't understand how it materialized here... So my apologies for anyone trying to contact me via this thread. I'll read through it after I sleep for a bit, but for now I just posted 1.009 with the following changelog (Google limits to 500 characters):

1.009 - March 23rd
    - Added support for S7 series devices (mixed reports of success)
    - Last update broke ForcePress, it has been fixed
    - New directions for S8/+ and Note8 devices, see Help tab
    - Runs as a foreground service now to prevent the system from terminating, sadly this means a notification must be displayed
    - Pressure threshold can be set as low as 5 (may cause false-positives)
    - Tweaks to pressure gauge
    - Added option to disable while in a call
    - Changed name of 'About' tab to 'Settings'
    - Added some actions (screenshot, power) for rooted users, more to come soon
    - Button on FAQ tab for rooted users (in lieu of adb commands)
    - Oreo: Fixed crash after booting
    - Oreo: Fixed switch-to-last-app action
    - Various crash fixes
    1.011 is out! Attached is the apk for those that would like to try. :)

Version 1.011
    - Increased sensor rate for better accuracy
    - Enhanced algorithm for improved detection
    - Fixed bug affecting long-squeezes recently
    - Option to disable enforcing calm between uses
    - Moved some settings from About to SideSqueeze tab
    - Added donation buttons
    - More small UI changes
    Unfortunately, people do not seem to pay attention to the rules, and I am not even talking about giving the dev/OP the tiniest bit of respect and waiting for their opinion about publicizing the APK in this manner.

[Inserted after post was made]Please read previous posts, and search before you post.

If this continues, I shall have to go against my wishes (I want to share the APK with everyone much more than people think), and call a mod to clean up this mess.

This thread is supposed to be about the app and it's devopment (including helping the dev out, for example by being testers (this is pre-release software, of course)), not about trampling the dev/OP's rights as the creator of the app.
    I think that there is a test pool that limits people from installing the app, not a device model limit.

The user-count restriction was removed from the Play store days ago, so anyone with an S8 series or S9 series device should be able to download it. S7 seems hit or miss, I'm not sure why, but I've whitelisted those devices as well so people can try.

App seems great any plans for making it compatible with Oreo In the future? I'll test it if so tried the APK version and not working. Not sure if its because I'm on Oreo or if the Google pixel 1 has the sensor needed I read online that it has the sensor but idk for sure.

The Pixel 1 isn't sealed, so it won't work, sorry. :/ A few people have tried, just in case.

Just purchased, awesome.

Seems screen off function doesn't work (galaxy s8+) is this due to AOD?

Screen-off needs a wakelock (or music playing, etc) since the pressure sensor has to be kept on. AOD shouldn't affect it.