[LIST/REQ] Floating Android Apps

Search This thread

ljg600

Jan 21, 2013
I brought Hover note a while back for University note taking and revision purposes and its great. It also works fine on both my JB nexus 7 and Galaxy s2, Check out my review :)

Just got Hoover Note- very cool. Simple, powerful and works extremely well...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

thedien

May 3, 2013
There is also very new set of floating mini applications called Floating Apps (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lwi.android.flapps). Wifi manager is my favorite. Seems like a framework, so hopefully some mini apps will be added soon. Thanks for other tips!

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
There is also very new set of floating mini applications called Floating Apps (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lwi.android.flapps). Wifi manager is my favorite. Seems like a framework, so hopefully some mini apps will be added soon. Thanks for other tips!

I just purchased this app and sad to say, none of the "apps" are re-sizeable! Quickly decided to get a refund... Most other "floating" apps are completely re-sizeable, etc... Oh well, still pretty cool I guess, just not for me (especially @ $5)...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

thedien

May 3, 2013
I just purchased this app and sad to say, none of the "apps" are re-sizeable! Quickly decided to get a refund... Most other "floating" apps are completely re-sizeable, etc... Oh well, still pretty cool I guess, just not for me (especially @ $5)...

Give it know to developer, maybe they can do something about it.

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
Give it know to developer, maybe they can do something about it.

Good point. I just did that. Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: FYI - the author of the app got back to me and said that within a week or two, at least some of the apps will be resizeable (if not all).

Last edited:

thedien

May 3, 2013
Good point. I just did that. Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: FYI - the author of the app got back to me and said that within a week or two, at least some of the apps will be resizeable (if not all).

The application just updated to new version and it has a lot of new features now. Definitely worth trying. I'm using paid version with much more features. Also, I noticed, that there is official website with some information at floatingapps.net.

MajklM

Jan 28, 2014
Floating Apps

For inspiration check this app. It´s a multitasking app called Floating Apps and in basic version is for free. App: floatingapps.net/floating-applications

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

I bought a prepaid credit card just so that I could get overskreen from the play store. I tried searching for it in the play store and it did not come up, so i googled it and it showed up, however, much to my demise, i was unable to purchase the app. I got an error "the item you have attempted to purchase could not be found". In the app description the developer stated that jelly bean support is a work in pogress, has anyone else had issues with downloading overskreen, it appears that some xda members were able to install it. I have never gotten this error before, is this a common error or have i disabled one too many apps lol. If anyone has found a way to get overskreen could you point me to where you found it, this app is pretty essential for multitassking and would allow all users of this tablet to be much more productive. I would love to be able to open a pdf and write notes in google drive via overskreen, now that would be bad ass.

Hope my fellows are having a dope holiday season

You would have to side-load the .apk in order to install it, since the developer has it setup in a way that JellyBean devices are unable to download it (due to compatibility issues). Some say it works fine after sideloading, but I had issues after doing that (kept locking up for me).

There is a free alternative that is fully compatible with JellyBean though - it's called "Floating Browser Flux" - give that one a shot...

What was originally a request to find floating apps, turned into a list:

Browsers:
    OverSkreen (Jelly Bean currently not supported, says in change notes it is work in progress. There are mixed results when sideloaded)
    Floating Browser Flux

Video Players:
    Stick it (Supports YouTube)
    Super Video
    DicePlayer
    BSPlayer

Other:
    hovernote - Notepad
    LilyPad - Facebook, Google Talk, MSN messenger (other services like skype are said to be coming)
    AirCalc - Calculator
    AirTerm - Terminal

More information here

Any others?
    jtrosky is correct overskeen is not working well with tf700, you may give his suggestion a try. I will try it myself too.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

jtrosky is correct overskeen is not working well with tf700, you may give his suggestion a try. I will try it myself too.

Edit. +1 , "Floating Browser Flux" is working much better, not as fast and smooth as stock browser, but pretty good.
    For you folks that use floating apps - be sure to check out an app called "1Tap Quick Bar" - this app allows you to run apps directly from the notification bar menu. So, no matter where you are or what app you are currently in, you can execute these floating apps without leaving the current app that you are in... Take a look at this screen shot, for example:

e8usu8a4.jpg

See the "icon bar" in my notification menu? So, while typing this message, I can easily open a windowed browser to check on something, for example...

This app is simply awesome.... Of course, it works with non-floating apps as well. VERY slick!