[Q] In-Call dialer unresponsive...

Search This thread

athorax

Mar 13, 2011
Denver
So I have seen this issue on multiple forums, across multiple roms/devices, but can't seem to find any solution.

I have a LG G2 on VZW (VS980) currently running AOKP 5/24 nightly (but I have had this issue for months now).

When I make a call, the in-call dialer interface is completely unresponsive. I can't hang up, open the dial pad, speaker phone, mute, etc... the only way I can hang up is to hit the back navigation button and then pull down the notification and hang up that way. I am running PA micro gapps, but I have had the same problem with other gapps as well.

Does anyone else have this problem or has found a solution?

Reactions: oz.edri

oz.edri

Dec 9, 2014
Petah Tikva
Same issue - can't use the touch keys in the dialer while in conversation in LG G2

I'm in the same boat here. Would really appreciate if someone could provide a fix.
Did you manage to solve it until now?

I fixed my issues by flashing the "Google Dialer" in this thread
Thanks a lot for posting your workaround.
I have exactly the same issue - I can't use the touch keys in the dialer while in conversation in LG G2 D802 (Intl).
However, the Google Dialer is an old app that got replaced by Hangouts Dialer.
Did you switch to Hangouts Dialer, or you stayed on KitKat 4.4.2 with the old Google Dialer from the post you provided?

By the way, I posted issue CYAN-6090 in the CyanogenMod JIRA in order to try and get resolution to this issue.

Are there any other users with this issue?
Did you solve it somehow?

note: sorry for not posting links. I have that annoying new user limitation...

Last edited:

oz.edri

Dec 9, 2014
Petah Tikva
there's a similar issue - LG G2 screen turn off and goes blank during conversation

It seems that there are two similar issues in LG G2 which are both caused by the proximity sensor during conversation:
  • The screen stays on and the touch buttons in the dialer aren't responsive.
  • The screen turn off and goes blank.
    (This issue was already reported by @madafis here)
In both of these situations the only quick way to end a call is to pull down the status and notifications bar and hang up from there.

Thanks to @Bam9 and @EtherBoo , who suggested to clear the proximity sensor from the outside and squeeze the top left corner of the phone, I tried to clean it and put some stress on it - and it worked!

I have a glass screen protector (which don't block the proximity sensor), and I am rooted and using CyanogenMod 11 ROM.
I used ioroot to root and AutoRec, which comes with TWRP 2.7.0.0, to install CyanogenMod ROM.
However, going back to stock ROM (in my case, LG G2 D802, it's D80220C) won't help since the issue still exists.

What I'm sure is that it was pretty much okay in the beginning, and the situation became worse and worse - occurring randomly, until it arrived to a situation in which I can't use the phone properly during conversation.
Now that I discovered that I can put some stress on the proximity sensor it seems that I have a hardware rather than a software issue.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I have seen this issue on multiple forums, across multiple roms/devices, but can't seem to find any solution.

I have a LG G2 on VZW (VS980) currently running AOKP 5/24 nightly (but I have had this issue for months now).

When I make a call, the in-call dialer interface is completely unresponsive. I can't hang up, open the dial pad, speaker phone, mute, etc... the only way I can hang up is to hit the back navigation button and then pull down the notification and hang up that way. I am running PA micro gapps, but I have had the same problem with other gapps as well.

Does anyone else have this problem or has found a solution?