[APP] TRACKMYSHARES - Equity Tracker application

Search This thread

troyantonio

Nov 22, 2009
Trackmyshares is an equity portfolio tracker.
With Trackmyshares you can keep your equity portfolio under control using this easy to use program. This Windows based solution will grab (Delayed) equity prices to show you your bottom line Profit & Loss at the touch of a button. Start the app, add some symbols and Get Tracking, It couldn't be simpler! *Please note this application requires an active data connection to retrieve equity prices*

Features:

• Input an unlimited number of equities to your portfolio
  • Keep up to date with the latest prices on-the-go
  • Get instant portfolio valuations
  • Friendly user interface and optimized screen layout
  • 15 minute Delayed Prices
  • Optimised for the HTC LEO

Prerequisites .NET 3.5

The demo is valid until 30th April 2010. If you like the application you can download it from the Windows Marketplace....Name = Trackmyshares

Installation:

Download the mobile installer (.cab file) to your desktop. Sync with your mobile phone and copy the .cab installer to your phone. From your phone go to Programs -> File Explorer, navigate to the .cab file and select it. The Installer should do the rest.

Questions / comments / bug reports are welcome.
* please post on this thread, and not on a private message
* report any error messages you got from the software
* when reporting first check if your question haven't been asked or your bug haven't been reported yet.
* don't forget to mention your type of device, os/rom version and type of internet connection used.

UPDATE 24.MAR.2010
Screenshots can be viewed by visiting my website trackmyshares.co.uk, I'm a noob so I cannot link to outside urls for my images ;(

UPDATE 28.APR.2010
REMINDER: The demo is valid until 30th April 2010. If you like the application you can download it from the Windows Marketplace....Name = Trackmyshares. If you want to preserve your portfolio, please ensure that you make a copy of the stocks.xml file which can be located in the program files\Trackmyshares folder, and then copy it back once you have purchased the app.[/B][/U]

UPDATE 24.JUN.2010
REMINDER: The demo is valid until 31st July 2010. If you like the application you can download it from the Windows Marketplace....Name = Trackmyshares. If you want to preserve your portfolio, please ensure that you make a copy of the stocks.xml file which can be located in the program files\Trackmyshares folder, and then copy it back once you have purchased the app.[/B][/U]

Attachments

• Trackmyshares.CAB
    1.2 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:

mic_888

Retired News Writer
Sep 8, 2007
London
Here you go:

Screen005.bmp

Screen004.bmp

Screen006.bmp

Looks pretty good :)

wj888

Feb 23, 2010
Hope you can have pricing similar to iphone apps of $1 ? *wishful thinking?* :)

It would be a definite buy if you can do something similar to bloomberg portfolio tracker.

I am accessing that currently from opera and the whole portfolio fits into the screen in landscape mode perfectly :)

I buy shares in Hongkong, Singapore, Australia and denominate them in Singapore dollars.

troyantonio

Nov 22, 2009
Hi wj888,

The app is currently on the UK marketplace for £3.19 :). It has similar functionality to the bloomberg portfolio tracker, but it looks like my information has been spread over two main screens instead one wide landscape screen. I dont record the purchase date or the % portfolio but everything else is the same. These two changes I could make relatively easily.

The stocks that you can access are limited to what is available on the yahoo finance website, due to that being the underlying data source.

Thanks for your post.

cliq

Feb 3, 2007
The stocks that you can access are limited to what is available on the yahoo finance website, due to that being the underlying data source.

Is it possible for you to add a feature where the data source could be pulled from somewhere else? Some of my stocks are not available on the yahoo finance website (Helsinki, Oslo, Stockholm Exchanges)

troyantonio

Nov 22, 2009
Hi there it may prove to be a bit difficult since I may end up with a situation of one data source per stock exchange but I will investigate.

Thanks.

cliq

Feb 3, 2007
Hi there it may prove to be a bit difficult since I may end up with a situation of one data source per stock exchange but I will investigate.

Thanks.

Would be extremely useful if end-users can actually choose their data source from a list of sources. A working version with me a green YES for me ;)

Mar 29, 2008
Not working on my Tilt 2 ?

I purchased and downloaded the software from marketplace.The application opens, I go to share finder to search stock tickers and add to portfolio.Finds ticker symbols fine

It shows items were added to portfolio.I go back to main poage and none of my stocks show up.I try to EDIT PORTFOLIO or Valuation but they are greyed out.

Quotes delayed is permanently at the bottom.
When I explore the stocks.xml file it is blank.

Am I missing something obvious?

Does PUSH INTERNET need to be enabled?
I disabled the Push Internet feature from my phone to save sys resources.

Thanks
Ron

Mar 29, 2008
Hi Tony
Not sure why post didnt make it.I am
to search stocks,add to portfolio but hit the BACK button and there are no stocks displayed for the portfolio. So refresh does nothing.

Perhaps bad download from markeplace.Is their still a trial one to download.Not sure if there is still going to be another problem

modesty23

Mar 23, 2010
Hi wj888,

The app is currently on the UK marketplace for £3.19 :). It has similar functionality to the bloomberg portfolio tracker, but it looks like my information has been spread over two main screens instead one wide landscape screen. I dont record the purchase date or the % portfolio but everything else is the same. These two changes I could make relatively easily.

Thanks for your post.

Hello all. i can't find this app. on marketplace !!! :(

any link for working app?

thxs. rgds

Modesty

Knobhead

Oct 3, 2009
I'd like to be able to trial this software but it doesn't seem to work. Past the evaluation date, perhaps?

May I suggest you post a trial version so people like me can test before purchase?

Thanks!

troyantonio

Nov 22, 2009
I'd like to be able to trial this software but it doesn't seem to work. Past the evaluation date, perhaps?

May I suggest you post a trial version so people like me can test before purchase?

Thanks!
Hi Knobhead, a new trial version has been uploaded which expires at the end of July.
Any feedback is appreciated.

Knobhead

Oct 3, 2009
Hi Knobhead, a new trial version has been uploaded which expires at the end of July.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Doesn't seem to offer a lot more than the built-in stock tracker.

Graphs would be great. (Like TinyStocks)

Multiple portfolios would be very wecome. (Again like TinyStocks.)

Think I'll stick with the latter for now but I really like the interface. Best of luck!

troyantonio

Nov 22, 2009
Hi Knobhead, thanks for your feedback and enhancement list, which I will try and take on board when porting the app to WinMo 7. The U.S.P of the app is to allow you to track your investment exposure to your equity portfolio on a single share basis or across your entire stock holdings.

I will take a look at Tiny stocks and do some gap analysis. Cheers