[DEV] The project to port Android(froyo) on S8500 (8530)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

oleg_k

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 19, 2005
Moscow
Hmm ok seems you're right. Like i said in a previous post. the best way to off set that is by creating some Swap space for the device, be that on a MicroSD card or internally, it only needs to be 128mb after all.

Edit: I used to own a HTC G1 and it only had 192mb of ram the Wave has almost 3 times that (well give or take) and the G1 still runs beautifully running gingerbread to this very day :) the wave should have no problem what so ever!

By the way was the new boot loader access method of any use to you, e.g can you use it to directly boot Android without using Jtag?
now only with jtag. maybe later will be use injection code to original bootloader.
jtag tool need first time for initial putting android bootloader.Then i used Odin 1.7 for manipulate with varios firmwares and bootloaders.

Last edited:

mkz14

Feb 17, 2011
I bet S8500 got those 512MB, maybe in your botting you're only accesing the OS reserved partition of the RAM, that would explain why you got such a weird RAM memory quantity. I am sure It got 512MB partitioned in those 38x and 128. But anyway with time we will see.

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
Well its lucky that a way to open up the boot loader was found at the same time you're making good progress with the port.

You never told me if you managed to get the display operational. Did you find a method of controlling the pins?

stephenlb4u

Feb 20, 2007
Hartford CT
Hmm ok seems you're right. Like i said in a previous post. the best way to off set that is by creating some Swap space for the device, be that on a MicroSD card or internally, it only needs to be 128mb after all.

Edit: I used to own a HTC G1 and it only had 192mb of ram the Wave has almost 3 times that (well give or take) and the G1 still runs beautifully running gingerbread to this very day :) the wave should have no problem what so ever!

By the way was the new boot loader access method of any use to you, e.g can you use it to directly boot Android without using Jtag?

Agreed.. even i own a galaxy i7500(now dead and used a paper weight ;)) which had only 128 mb...but still it can run froyo smoothly..

mijoma

Feb 5, 2011
Warsaw
About the display I offered my help as there's clear implementation of s3cfb_tl2796.c and s6e63m0.c files from M130K in the Wave bootloader (it looks like what's under CONFIG_M135K define, but there are some differences), but wasn't yet able to find enough time to do it.

Best Regards,
mijoma

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
About the display I offered my help as there's clear implementation of s3cfb_tl2796.c and s6e63m0.c files from M130K in the Wave bootloader (it looks like what's under CONFIG_M135K define, but there are some differences), but wasn't yet able to find enough time to do it.

Best Regards,
mijoma

So you're saying that the display is configureable from the boot loader only? If so then if i where Oleg_k i wouldn't worry about it until you get a 'successful' boot :)

guari

Mar 26, 2011
So you're saying that the display is configureable from the boot loader only? If so then if i where Oleg_k i wouldn't worry about it until you get a 'successful' boot :)

but if so, how they solved in androbada project (if it's not fake..)? in androbada they said something like they've simply replaced bada os files with those of galaxyS rom (like spoofing..), i dubt they accessed to bootloader..

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
Well oleg_k has released logs and configuration files, Androbada have released videos, we have no idea how they did any of it. I think its high time that we have some material from Androbada. At this rate Oleg_k will have a working port that is flash able long before they release anything.

@oleg_k: Maybe you should send the logs and config.txt over to the idroid folks as well as a copy of the service manual and see if they would be willing to offer assistance in solving you're problem.

Last edited:

mylove90

Feb 27, 2011
Cairo
maybe a video of the boot oleg_k will cheer us up
all of us love seeing videos even if they were strange
i know for sure you are porting android but i want to see how far did you reach

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
Hmmm yeah i wouldn't mind seeing a video, although if its just a blank screen without listen of the boot process in the terminal it would be a pretty boring video!

Reactions: lowgitek

mkz14

Feb 17, 2011
I think that making them to record a 'stupid'/'senseless' video is just useless, we will make them lose time on something we all know, this project is going ahead and It's not fake just like Androbada's.

So let's just try not to bother them so much with questions so they can dedicate more time on the project itself. Once we got something material to touch then we will be able to ask everything we want to xD

Let the gods play

guari

Mar 26, 2011
Well oleg_k has released logs and configuration files, Androbada have released videos, we have no idea how they did any of it. I think its high time that we have some material from Androbada. At this rate Oleg_k will have a working port that is flash able long before they release anything.
yes, I agree, they refused help from xda and they did not give any technical information...it was their choice :rolleyes:...now thanks to oleg_k, mijoma, adfree and probably other future users we will have something working more soon and in a better way than what androbada can do :)
(perhaps androbada choice was not the best one...;))

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
I think that making them to record a 'stupid'/'senseless' video is just useless, we will make them lose time on something we all know, this project is going ahead and It's not fake just like Androbada's.

So let's just try not to bother them so much with questions so they can dedicate more time on the project itself. Once we got something material to touch then we will be able to ask everything we want to xD

Let the gods play

?? I am asking questions to contribute my expertise to the project, we are trying to solve a problem not see if its fake or not. Take off you're troll hat please.

Reactions: mkz14

mkz14

Feb 17, 2011
?? I am asking questions to contribute my expertise to the project, we are trying to solve a problem not see if its fake or not. Take off you're troll hat please.

Is not about trolling mate, maybe you misunderstood me, I just wanted to say that instead of asking them for videos that usually takes some time to complete the process we could let them keep working and once they have something material or 'important' to show/release they will:).

oleg_k

Dec 19, 2005
Moscow
M135K it's a version M130K with SLCD, like S8530. ;)

the LCD screen initialized twice, first in bootloader, second - in kernel.
without a working screen is still too early to make a video.

Last edited:

mylove90

Feb 27, 2011
Cairo
M135K it's a version M130K with SLCD, like S8530. ;)

the LCD screen initialized twice, first in bootloader, second - in kernel.
without a working screen is still too early to make a video.

oh i am sorry for asking for a video
i just wanted to cheer us up like the hope is still there
without a working screen the video will be useless
sorry again for being impolite

yari-nl

Apr 4, 2011
It seems like androbada released their code to registered users. thats what i understand from this link.

h t t p : / / b a d a - w orld.pl/androbada/istotne-i-najnowsze-wiadomo-ci-dotycz-ce-androbady-t3765.html

Hope this helps for current development..

Also they have unlocked their locked threads..

(sorry for all the spaces in between but I'm new on this forum so I cant post links yet)

Last edited:

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
boner. maybe now we can make some progress here. Hows it looking oleg_k

EDIT: Eh thats just a link to their donations page they are linking.... what the hell?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts