[Q] Thinking about getting GS4G

Search This thread

shazam1203

Jun 29, 2010
Plano, TX
Hey everyone I am possible coming over from the G2x, someone on craigslist offered to even trade me for a perfect condition gs4g, I used to own the vibrant and liked it, seems like there are not as many custom roms as the vibrant, or an ics build, just wondering if this would be a good trade, knowing all the bugs the G2x has.

bigtom624

Jun 23, 2010
Philadelphia Pa.
I own a Vibrant also plus a sgs4g and I really like the 4g alot. You are correct that there aren't as many roms to choose from, but the ones we do have are awesome.

95Z28

Apr 29, 2011
Go for it. I picked up a g2x a few months back. Used it for a couple months and came back to my sgs4g. The galaxy is a far superior device in every way, except the processor. And the g2x is to much of a headache to make that very slight speed difference worth it.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

C

chris31jct

If you like to have many options with flashing stuff like kernels and roms, then don't. If you like what you see here, then yes. I would sell that G2X and get some money to get a GS2. Nuff' said. This phone is a pain when it comes to hacking.

jadi929

Aug 31, 2009
Delaware
i wouldn't recommend it, i currently am using this and looking to get rid of it, it crashes on me and has to restarted once in 3 days, also i see no signs of android 4.0 coming to this. I'm trying to get the mytouch4g as there is hope for ICS on it (and it has more memory)

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
i wouldn't recommend it, i currently am using this and looking to get rid of it, it crashes on me and has to restarted once in 3 days, also i see no signs of android 4.0 coming to this. I'm trying to get the mytouch4g as there is hope for ICS on it (and it has more memory)

That's strange - my SGS 4G doesn't crash on me and reboots have been dealt with... and I see better ROM's coming than ICS. I wonder if it is user error :eek:

DJLamontagneIII

Senior Moderator
Sep 30, 2008
Mom's Basement
I have both and can honestly say that g2x is wayyy better... the best roms for the galaxy like ravers are not even close to stability or performance of eaglesblood or Hellfire roms for the g2x. And its also officially supported by cyanogen which is nice to have an actual cm7 and cm9 rom . so if your having issues with the g2x I'd look closer at the forums those old stability issues with the lg software are long gone and you can have a phone that kills the sgs2 in all benchmarks. I'm getting a 5200 in quadrant and can get about a day and a half of decent use.

Sent from my ICS Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SpiderMikey88

Mar 20, 2012
Salem
www.AbadonRock.com
SGS4G

Hey Guys, this is my first post. I own a SGS4G and I think its a pretty cool phone. I have flashed to a bunch of different ROMS and I have had very little problems with any of them. The biggest problem I have ever ran into was finding the right modem that would switch from Wifi to the Tmobile network properly but the KI3 seems to have taken care of that (running on day 2).

I almost went with the G2 and I probably would have if Tmobile didnt have a really good deal for the SGS4G... but I am very happy with my choice.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S 4G
Firmware: 2.3.7
Base: T959VUVKJ6
Kernal: 2.6.35.7-sms-kj6-v01.1.1-rc1+
Build: Gingerbread.VUVKJ6
Mod: Valhalla-BlackEdition-Stock/CyanogenMod-7.1
+Valhalla-Black-Booster
Modem: KI3