[APP] [5.0+] Garble (Send Private Messages) V5.0 (10/09/2021)

Search This thread

minooch

Oct 16, 2008
[APP] Garble (Send Private Messages) V4.0 (24/01/2020)

Updated 24/01/2020

Want to send private messages to family and friends? Don't want governments watching what you're saying? Then Garble is for you

Garble encrypts a string with a passcode of your choice, and then encodes the encrypted string with base64. The only way someone can decrypt it, is by using this app and and knowing the pass phrase you used.

Usage is very simple - decide upon a pass phrase with the person your going to be sending the message to before using :D

1) Enter some text
2) Type a pass phrase (or select a person from the 'Lock' icon)
3) Garble it
4) Share it

You can grab it from here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.minooch.garble

or support me and buy the paid version - just removes the please buy link, Ads have been completely removed.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.minooch.garble_premium

If you want any improvements - please let me know

Last edited:

pdppdp

Feb 16, 2011
Feedback

Perfectly working. No issues.
But a suggestion:
Save passwords in profiles. Like person A with password xxx, person B with password aaa

Reactions: minooch

minooch

Oct 16, 2008
Feedback

But a suggestion:
Save passwords in profiles. Like person A with password xxx, person B with password aaa

Thanks to all for the feedback.

I have a look at saving the passwords against people's names - would make it much easier to remember. Thanks

Reactions: chaosdark

pdppdp

Feb 16, 2011
Another suggestion:
Can you add a string to the code that recognizes that text is garbled with your app and automatically opens app and copy text to garble if I click on the text. I just have to type in the passphrase or choose it from a list (suggest in previous post).

Reactions: denzel09

minooch

Oct 16, 2008
Another suggestion:
Can you add a string to the code that recognizes that text is garbled with your app and automatically opens app and copy text to garble if I click on the text. I just have to type in the passphrase or choose it from a list (suggest in previous post).

That's a great idea - Will have a look on how to implement that.

minooch

Oct 16, 2008
Another suggestion:

That's now implemented & I believe it's working quite well - saving pass phrases is next :D

Cheers

minooch

Oct 16, 2008
Feedback

But a suggestion:

I've managed to get time to add this yesterday & it appears to be fully functional.

Although......

I can't update the app on the market because Admob banned me (no idea why & they won't say), so I've gone to a new ad provider & am waiting for approval. Hopefully I can release it soon

minooch

Oct 16, 2008
Version 2

Added the ability to save pass phrases by people's name - Click the KEY icon to use

On an existing item, a normal press will select & place the pass phrase on the main page. A long press will ask if you want to remove the item.

Also cleared the input field after Garble/unGarble

nerdtaco

Sep 29, 2008
Lexington Park
www.myspace.com
Works nice and I feel secure sending sensitive messages with this, but could you add built-in SMS abilities? I don't mind sharing with my SMS app, but the wifey won't use this app because she feels that sharing with the SMS app takes too long and is a pain in her ass.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Zorigo

Feb 24, 2012
London
Brilliant Idea!
Would test it but im the only android in my house and only a few mates have androids and they wont bother downloading the app for me to test it :p

daniturn3

Dec 23, 2010
Worcester UK
giffgaff.com
be great if you could implement this kind of security into the built in sms app in some way that makes it simple to use without the person on other end having to be on android for it to work or having to input much if blackberry users can have this sort of security with not having to do anything be cool if we could do same

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
This is really cool! but I wish I had a secure way to tell them the password! with wiretaps and all everywhere... -paranoid-

minooch

Oct 16, 2008
Works nice and I feel secure sending sensitive messages with this, but could you add built-in SMS abilities? I don't mind sharing with my SMS app, but the wifey won't use this app because she feels that sharing with the SMS app takes too long and is a pain in her ass.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

I will have a look when I get some spare time & see the cleanest way to implement it :D

This is really cool! but I wish I had a secure way to tell them the password! with wiretaps and all everywhere... -paranoid-

I've heard telepathy works quite well ;)

& Thanks to everyone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP] Garble (Send Private Messages) V4.0 (24/01/2020)

Updated 24/01/2020

Want to send private messages to family and friends? Don't want governments watching what you're saying? Then Garble is for you

Garble encrypts a string with a passcode of your choice, and then encodes the encrypted string with base64. The only way someone can decrypt it, is by using this app and and knowing the pass phrase you used.

Usage is very simple - decide upon a pass phrase with the person your going to be sending the message to before using :D

1) Enter some text
    2) Type a pass phrase (or select a person from the 'Lock' icon)
    3) Garble it
    4) Share it

You can grab it from here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.minooch.garble

or support me and buy the paid version - just removes the please buy link, Ads have been completely removed.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.minooch.garble_premium

If you want any improvements - please let me know
    Version 2

Added the ability to save pass phrases by people's name - Click the KEY icon to use

On an existing item, a normal press will select & place the pass phrase on the main page. A long press will ask if you want to remove the item.

Also cleared the input field after Garble/unGarble
    Any Feedback?
    Feedback

But a suggestion:
    I myself use a standard 2048bit RSA cert as the key for most of my apps on windows PC's. May I ask why you used such a low encryption key? 128bit can be cracked with some Google searches and a little bit of coding.

If its just for fun, and it does not effect speed to much, why not increase it to at least 512bit?
    (As a challenge if you don't know how)

I'd help in this matter, but I'm a windows .net coder so what I can do is limited to said framework.

Btw, I've got an idea for an app that, noticing your integration of a rat server and client with your udp app, might be awesome if I could get some help.

Maybe pm me or add me on Skype.
    Sythe.nrns

Sent from my Wildfire S A510x