[ROM] Unwatermarked, Official, Hero

Search This thread

jamizzal

Sep 29, 2007
NWK
yes my wing is rite here. could we do this over the phone? ******-**** i really need some help

i cant call right now man gotta go 2 school at 7:45 gotta ceremony or sum ish n its 4:12 out here in nj but ima give you clear instructions to the best of my ability.

1st turn off the g1...and remove the sd card.

2nd put the sd card in the wing and connect it to the computer

3rd just like you would with the g1 move the rom you want to the sd card just to get you back on the safe side i would recommend using a very stable rom like jf 1.51 us or adp just to get your phone working again

4th once the rom is on your phone right click on it and rename it update then press enter, right click on it again and go to properties and make sure the file name reads update.zip once thats done disconnect the wing from the computer and remove the sd card.

5th place the sd card back into the g1 then turn it back on holding home and back you should now be in the recovery from here press alt+w to wipe the phone then press alt+s to update the new rom the when it finishes it will tell you to press home n back to reboot from here just sit back and let it load.

hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackElvis79

May 2, 2009
SoCal
Innnn-ter-rest-ting...

This is just something that I thought the community would find interesting. Early yesterday morning, I was up with nothing to do and a whole lot of time to do it. I downloaded and flashed the new Hero w/Rosie, from the Hero Beta 3 w/o wipe. "What's so special about that?" you might ask? Well, I was using a $9.99, No Class rating, 2 gb SD with a 50/50 split. 968mb FAT32, 968mb ext2. adb push'ed the app_s through the TE, and you know what? It was like butter. I had maybe 6 force closes off the first boot, but once I reboot, haven't had anymore. Overclocking it to 527.17 took care of the lag. All apps went right where they were suppose to. 52mb internal is what it said in "settings" but it didn't get any lower after downloading apps. Only thing that made me take it off, (i think it was due to overclocking) was my battery temp went way up to 107.3 degrees (check through the My T-Mobile app). And this was while not charging. It would just get extremely hot outta nowhere. So, no need for expensive SD's and what not. But I ran it, synced it, used the hell out of it for about 24hrs, with no problems, no crashes, no loops, nuthin. Hope someone can use this. :D:cool:

EDIT: I'm still having a hell of a time with this 16gig SD though. I think it's fried. Got 15 days to send it back though, so it all good. Funny how that works...

Last edited:

Ion42

Dec 6, 2007
Rosie in the emulator?

Is it possible to load this ROM into the emulator to play around with it a little bit?

cl2eep

Aug 27, 2008
Altamonte Springs, Florida
twitter.com
having problems.. again.
any help? for some reason when trying to push the app_s file it wont recoqnize it or do it..
Perhaps your SD card is not a class 6? I just tried to partition and push app_s file to my friend's 2g Nokia SD card, and though the partition seemed to be properly made, when I pushed app_s to it, it would tell me out of space. I then did the same process with a 1 gig SanDisk (450mg ext/550 Fat32 not much space left, I know, but he wanted the Hero Rom more than a huge music collection) and it worked like a charm.

djlucklu

Jan 16, 2009
Miami
seriously ppl keep thread related to subject(HERO).. i love you Haykuro you did what you had to do. now anyone get the real Hero Photo Album widget apk and Photo Frame?

Nismo300zx

Jun 26, 2008
Florida
htc screen

ok i had successfully installed the rom but when i turned my fone off then back on it sent me to the black screen..so i re formatted both partititons on the sd card and started from scratch except now i get stuck at the htc screen and then the fone dims and it looks like it wants to start but it doesnt im not in a bootloop or black screen so idk what to do..any ideas...ive flashed wiped and all that

afflaq

Apr 28, 2009
Raleigh
ok i had successfully installed the rom but when i turned my fone off then back on it sent me to the black screen..so i re formatted both partititons on the sd card and started from scratch except now i get stuck at the htc screen and then the fone dims and it looks like it wants to start but it doesnt im not in a bootloop or black screen so idk what to do..any ideas...ive flashed wiped and all that

You probably didn't copy app_s over correctly.

Canesfan22

May 9, 2009
are there any plans to fix the other bugs besides bluetooth? dont care so much about that but having the notification lights and such working would be awesome

zer0day

Oct 29, 2007
Finally got it running, but it's very choppy :( Apart from that, it's really impressive stuff.

Edit: The home screen only stays in portrait mode, weird (!)

mrgzg1

Feb 9, 2009
Chicago
1. copied app_s to /system/sd
2. wiped the phone
3. applied update.zip
4.it verified and formats boot and system and then when it is copying the files it suddenly shows up
/system/xbin some file mising
and something other error too and then aborts the update.

any help????