[Q] Stock KF7 2nd gen - Bootloop problem & device ID (1st - 2nd gen)

Search This thread
Mar 23, 2014
Sao Paulo
History: I got as a "present" a KF2-7 (Full stock, I guess) that shows a boot loop when switching it on (Orange white Kindle Fire) The KF2-7 returned from a HW repair regarding a broken USB, no charging, (works now) but showed then a boot loop. I guess that the device suffered before repair several "lo bat" boot trails that possibly corrupted something in the memory. It’s also possible that someone in the repair shop tried to flash something wrong on the device, don’t know. May be tried to root the device, who knows??

The only thing that I know now is what I’m able to see at this moment: Color orange white of the Boot loop, Fast boot picture and Fast boot command answers, comunication OK.

The situation:
I can reach Fast boot with a self build factory cable. (Shows red "Fast boot"letters on top of the display, green light blinking, red off, no loop)

(For communication with the KF2-7 after Fastboot I have change over to a normal USB cable in respect that my homebrew factory isn’t so nice)

Fast boot gives normal answers, reacts normal and show answers like that:

C:\KF7>fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
Product: Otter2-Prod-04
finished. total time: 0.000s

C:\KF7>fastboot -i 0x1949 devices
1BC4000600000001 fastboot

From that point I guess that I’m dealing with a simple 2nd gen KF7 (Without HD) :confused: , easy to brick while making jokes with a wrong Boot image from KF7 1st Gen :( - for example.. . Right? :confused: Right?

Then I just tried:

fastboot -i 0x1949 erase cache
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [ 71.337s]
finished. total time: 71.337s

fastboot -i 0x1949 erase userdata
erasing 'userdata'...
OKAY [184.179s]
finished. total time: 184.179s

Instruction worked but it changed anything, boot loop continues. I guess now as a nobo and limited Know How that may be the system is damaged and had to be re-flashed. (Also don’t have the right system .img or original backup .img’s from the device) I don’t want to use first aid flash fast boot or recovery at this moment. It’s because I have no info what was the original state of that KF2-7. I don’t want to brick it so close from a working device with innecessary actions, trial and error, flashing wrong files a.s.o. Now it doesn’t show so bad to recover the device without any brick.

What’s your indication for the next step regarding this specific situation?

Last edited:

mindmajick

Account currently disabled
The most important thing is to be sure you are referring to the device correctly so we know exactly what u need.

From what you posted it's either:
1. Kindle Fire 2
2. Kindle Fire 2, second generation

I'm pretty sure it's not a:
3. Kindle fire 7" HD

and there is no device we refer to as: Kf7 2nd generation

I THINK you have the original Kindle fire 2 from your description but am not sure. Please let me know exactly which device you have and I'll try to point you to the right files.

Edit: just trying to be extra careful here since, as you know, the wrong images will be brick city.

-》Sent from my mind to your screen.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2014
Sao Paulo
Hello mindmajick, thanks for your reply. Yes, of course the most important thing is to to identify the device correctly and without the minimal doubts. The most bricks are coming from that issue. I assume that I'm not 100% familiar with all that different KF members. To be sure I will make some pictures to show what I've here.... Some minutes please and once against thanks for your reply.

Send from HW: Kindl HD 8.9 - SW: Android 4.4.2 KitKat < CM 11.0 HC mod.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2014
Sao Paulo
Hello mindmajick, something strange happen. When I was in charge to take some pictures I switched the KF on to show the bootloop and suddenly the device booted up on the first attempt!! (??!!?? :confused:)
In the moment when he was coming up he showed a Portuguese message on the screen... as I remember: "Kindle Fire atualizando" means "Kindle Fire updating" - Then, shortly later he entered in the configuration where I canceled manually any setup. I let also the Wi-Fi disconnected to avoid any contact to the Amazon server.

It seems to be operational on that moment, memory empty, bat full charged. Wi-Fi is also detecting rooters ....
The only thing from Yesterday after "fastboot -i 0x1949 erase cache" and "fastboot -i 0x1949 erase userdata" was that I let him on connected to my PC USB. But nothing more...

On the KF screen it shows Sistem version: 10.4.6_user_4620220
I enabled ADB and PC recognized the ADB imeadiatly. The device is responsive showing:

C:\KF7>adb devices
List of devices attached
D026A0A024570EUL device

Take a look on that Images regarding the type of KF device:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0iYreUz6pgNNXZJX3RmVWVaeVU&usp=sharing

Kindle also appeared on the Windows File explorer and a working RW acess.

So I did nothing, didn’t any reboot and let him as he is on that moment.
On that stage my idea is to check the images on the devices but I don’t know how.

Woooaahho, and now, what next you are suggesting to do?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2014
Sao Paulo
Yes, of course! But until now its totally unclear why the device returned up to boot as normal. Because yesterday after whipping the both cash it didn't. Surprisingly today it did from of nothing. So when taking a look to the pictures and the system version 10.4.6 its a KF2 second generation. Isn't it? Should I try to reboot the device now or take more measures to get son information's more on that state?

Mar 23, 2014
Sao Paulo
Yes, of course! But until now its totally unclear why the device returned up to boot as normal. Because yesterday after whipping the both cash it didn't. Surprisingly today it did from of nothing. So when taking a look to the pictures and the system version 10.4.6 its a KF2 second generation. Isn't it? Should I try to reboot the device now or take some more measures to get additional information's of the healthiness of the device? In full booted state it may be easier.

Send via Tapatalk - HW: Kindl HD 8.9 - SW: Android 4.4.2 KitKat < CM 11.0 HC mod.

Last edited:

mindmajick

Account currently disabled
Yes, of course! But until now its totally unclear why the device returned up to boot as normal. Because yesterday after whipping the both cash it didn't. Surprisingly today it did from of nothing. So when taking a look to the pictures and the system version 10.4.6 its a KF2 second generation. Isn't it? Should I try to reboot the device now or take more measures to get son information's more on that state?

Go ahead and reboot. . Install some apps.. Make sure it works.

If you have any further problems with the device you can use the files I posted here to bring you back to a stock rooted 10.2.1 state:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43569633

-》Sent from my mind to your screen.

Mar 23, 2014
Sao Paulo
It works! Several reboots and reset to factory without flaws! Only to confirm, I'm dealing with a KF2 2nd gen? Next step after more tests, root, TWRP and a CM with the hashcode method.

For the Root, the Bin4ry method with RunMe works on the KF2-2nd as well? (I just used Bin4ry when I rooted my Luther KFHD8.9)

Trying to explain the strange behaviour after wiping the cash without boot: May be it was something wrong with the system bat status regarding the many past low battery event that he suffered from the broken USB connector. Later on with the whipped cash and staying on in fastboot connected to the PC USB for a long time he developed a new full battery status that he was missing before to boot the system at all. I guess that the system only boots when he gets valid battery information. And something as that he was missing before and able to develop only by staying for a good time in fastboot mode connected to the PC.... I guess. ;)

Send via Tapatalk - HW: Kindl HD 8.9 - SW: Android 4.4.2 KitKat < CM 11.0 HC mod.