[ROM][P769][4.4.4]CarbonRom[1/4/15]

Search This thread

sriram_s

Apr 14, 2008
The only third party apps that I know of are PDANet or the like. Something baked into the ROM always seems to work better, though.

wasiq224

Jan 18, 2015
Has this ROM been discontinued? Or will there still be an update when lollipop is ready?

I'm just asking because it has been a while since the last post

wasiq224

Jan 18, 2015
Well the Carbon team hasn't made any lollipop sources official, so it might be discontinued

If you cannot make a lollipop ROM, it would be awesome if you could at least add the option to move apps to the SD card. I was able to move apps to the sd on the stock ROM with a couple of tweaks to the build.prop. Adding this feature would really be appreciated! :)

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
Lollipop makes the L9s biggest problem just worse. That of the tiny Data partition. In my case the cache grows from 0,5GB(Dalvik) to 1GB(ART), with 2.3GB in total.
I would like a late and stable 4.4.4, like Artas CM11, which got abandoned too soon, but just makes for a daily driver.

Reactions: dragid10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ATTENTION
    * Development on rom temporarily stopped until Carbon comes out with lollipop
    Details here

UnOfficial Carbon Rom for LG L9 (p769)
    Built from source!

DISCLAIMER
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards or
    * any other incident that may occur because of this rom. Please do extensive research!

Cover%2BGoogle.jpg

About CarbonRom and TeamCarbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.
    We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the
    very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating
    something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
    Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.
    We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have
    incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.
    Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!
    If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in
    #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.
    TeamCarbon Homepage

Rom Features
    Android 4.4.3
    Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
    Chronus clock widget
    Customizable hardware and software keys
    Transparent navbar and status bar
    Customizable navbar ring
    Navbar arrow keys
    Navigation bar widgets
    Customizable power menu
    Customizable quicksettings panel
    Full Rotation
    .... and much more
    I plan on adding more features like Halo, multi-window etc.. in future updates

Why CarbonRom?
    Well honestly I just wanted a rom with Active Display (which really isn't even that great). Also I yearned for more Roms for the p769! So here it is. I hope to make more roms for this device in the coming weeks or months. So for now, please enjoy this rom!

Credits
    > TeamCarbon - For their source
    > CyanogenMod Team
    > AOKP
    > SlimRom
    > rishabh.raj37
    > nasheich
    > KennyG123
    > Jishnu Sur™

>AntonX- For the device tree and vendor files and recovery!
    > twinnfamous - For all the extraordinary work to help me actually build this rom
    >Leolawliet - One of my favorite devs (CMX) and for providing his build.prop tweaks for me to use

If you belive you should be added, please feel free to PM me

Sources
    Github:
    CarbonDev
    Dragid10
    LG-P769-DEVELOPERS
    TWINNFAMOUS
    TWINNFAMOUS-DEVELOPERS
    AntonX
    LeoLawliet
    Downloads

Google Drive

Mega

Dropbox

Installation Instructions:
    Only for P769 version of the phone. Do not attempt to flash on any other device.

The phone bootloader has to be unlocked and the correct recovery must be installed.

1. Go to recovery
    2. Wipe data/factory reset
    3. Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Flash GAPPS
    5. Reboot
    i stll got my p769

I'll be working on it to see if I can get a functional 5.0 Rom on the phone but it's gonna take time. I'll keep u informed.
    New build , repo synced

Apologizes for lack of updates. It wouldn't build properly for me for some reason and then I just got lazy to stopped trying. But I'm going to be keeping it up to date now