[CWM][GT-I9305] CF-ROOT CWM Recovery Ported + SuperSu + BusyBox

Search This thread

ausdim

Jan 9, 2007
This is Chainfire CWM recovery ported for all GT-I9305.

Steps:

1. Download Odin from this post.

2. Download I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5

3. Unzip Odin to your desktop.

4. Copy the I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 to the same directory.

5. Boot your SGS in to download mode.
(Power off and then press and hold the power + volume down + home buttons at the same time)

6. Connect your phone to your PC using the cable that came with it.

7. If Kies is running on your pc shut it down.

8. Open the Odin application.
(Make sure your phone is detected, there will be a yellow square in the top left corner.)

9. Choose PDA button and select the I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5.

10. Press start and wait. Your phone will be flashed and reboot when it is finished.
(After Odin finish let the device reboot to android at least one time before applying I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5.)

11. When the phone reboot, power it off again.

12. Put the phone in recovery mode.
(Hold down power, volume up and home when the device is turned off and unplugged.)

13. After that you can flash the Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0.zip to be ROOTED to any firmware and make a backup and restore of your firmware, also you can now flash any custom rom / kernel made for GT-I9305.

Mirror's:

DropBox-I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5

Many thank's to Chainfire for the CWM recovery and also to mick.wheelz for the successful test's of my ported recovery.

To reset the counter back to 0 use the TriangleWay from Chainfire.

Workaround for those firmwares have boot-recovery.p in system folder and reflash original recovery after reboot.

1). Copy Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0.zip and Remove-boot-recovery.p.zip to your device internal memory card.

2). Boot your device in to download mode.
(Power off and then press and hold the power + volume down + home button at the same time)

3). Flash I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 with Odin with unchecked the Auto Reboot box.

4). After Odin finish do not turn off or restart the device but try to go in recovery mode.
(Press and hold the power + volume up + home button at the same time)

5). Once in recovery, flash the Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0.zip to gain root and Remove-boot-recovery.p.zip to delete the boot-recovery.p file and then reboot.​

Attachments

• Remove-boot-recovery.p.zip
    139.4 KB · Views: 16,189
  • Odin307.zip
    437 KB · Views: 40,435
  • Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 66,230
Last edited:

poczynek

Jul 10, 2012
Sydney
Yes tried and not working for me - says 'failed' in Odin???

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

I DM'd back - did you receive as nothing in my sent folder!

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Success and fully working! Currently doing a nandroid backup. Great work ausdim!

Reactions: ausdim

ausdim

Jan 9, 2007
Tar updated to I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 and uploaded to Google Drive and DropBox.

Now is fully working.

If you want other mirror's let me know.

Thank's

Last edited:
Reactions: btemtd

kipp3i

Jul 11, 2011
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<ID:0/007> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

having this issue

I shut down the kies program and now it works

Last edited:

ausdim

Jan 9, 2007
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<ID:0/007> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

having this issue

That is a problem with connection from your phone with the pc.

Check the drivers.
Also make sure your phone is in Download Mode.

Reactions: btemtd

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
This is for all GT-I9305's
Firmware doesn't mater.

BEAUTIFUL This is exactly what I thought 1 root should work for ALL GT-I9305. Great work man

Also got confirmation that there is a firmware out there with working FM radio... The user got the phone from Samsung UK direct which is the White version, He has some sort of sponsorship with them...Atleast we now know that I9305 has the hardware for it And devs can work around it, if its not pre-installed

Originally Posted by weeo View Post
It works. FM Radio works... I have to use headphones. That's normal yes? I have crappy signal for what ever. I dunno how to use it lol

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium

And if you look at sammobile and scroll down to all the OTA you can see all the country that will come out. I have a feeling the UK unbranded is the one we want but its not out yet

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3&model=GT-I9305&pcode=0&os=1&type=1#firmware

Last edited:

prodigiez

Nov 8, 2008
has anyone confirm this work ? i really dowan to end up with IMEI : null case.....
and , will it increase the counter ?

poczynek

Jul 10, 2012
Sydney
Yes works and it does increase the counter. But no doubt Triangle Away will eventually support it if it doesn't already.

prodigiez

Nov 8, 2008
i have this i9100 usb jig..will it reset the counter ?

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

cwm and rooted... now there is a red ! on top left of the screen when power up..

kahjuay

Aug 11, 2010
I have just followed the steps detailed, and I managed to get root! Furthermore, I did not get a triangle during boot (not that I am complaining :D)

prodigiez

Nov 8, 2008
u wont get triangle but ur binary counter increased..just like mine..i dont have big yellow triangle..but there is 1 tiny red ! on top left on the screen " Galaxy SIII LTE "
looking for a way to reset the counter...just tested with i9100 usb jig and is not working..

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

ausdim , thx for the root and cwm... both work like charm... after i removed all the bloatware , i get 1490 free ram.. :D

mick.wheelz

May 20, 2008
Brisbane
any time you flash boot.img or recovery.img your count will increase (mine is at 30 something, LOL)

If you flash a custom boot.img or recovery.img you will get a small red exclimation mark in the top left hand cornder when you boot up.

Lynx2000

Nov 29, 2008
Thanks a lot. But it's not same as CF-root for i9100, the CMW would not be integrated and as an app in the app drawer? is it means that I have to go into Recovery mode when I backup / restore the system every time?

Last edited:

psmedley

May 5, 2011
Adelaide
Anyone tried this on a Telstra 4G?

Thanks a lot. But it's not same as CF-root for i9100, the CMW would not be integrated and as an app in the app drawer? is it means that I have to go into Recovery mode when I backup / restore the system every time?

Per subject - anyone tried this yet on a Telstra Galaxy S3 4G version? (Yes I know the OP says it will work on i9305's.......)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is Chainfire CWM recovery ported for all GT-I9305.

Steps:

1. Download Odin from this post.

3. Unzip Odin to your desktop.

4. Copy the I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 to the same directory.

5. Boot your SGS in to download mode.
    (Power off and then press and hold the power + volume down + home buttons at the same time)

6. Connect your phone to your PC using the cable that came with it.

7. If Kies is running on your pc shut it down.

8. Open the Odin application.
    (Make sure your phone is detected, there will be a yellow square in the top left corner.)

9. Choose PDA button and select the I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5.

10. Press start and wait. Your phone will be flashed and reboot when it is finished.
    (After Odin finish let the device reboot to android at least one time before applying I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5.)

11. When the phone reboot, power it off again.

12. Put the phone in recovery mode.
    (Hold down power, volume up and home when the device is turned off and unplugged.)

13. After that you can flash the Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0.zip to be ROOTED to any firmware and make a backup and restore of your firmware, also you can now flash any custom rom / kernel made for GT-I9305.

Mirror's:

DropBox-I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5

Many thank's to Chainfire for the CWM recovery and also to mick.wheelz for the successful test's of my ported recovery.

To reset the counter back to 0 use the TriangleWay from Chainfire.

Workaround for those firmwares have boot-recovery.p in system folder and reflash original recovery after reboot.

1). Copy Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0.zip and Remove-boot-recovery.p.zip to your device internal memory card.

2). Boot your device in to download mode.
    (Power off and then press and hold the power + volume down + home button at the same time)

3). Flash I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 with Odin with unchecked the Auto Reboot box.

4). After Odin finish do not turn off or restart the device but try to go in recovery mode.
    (Press and hold the power + volume up + home button at the same time)

5). Once in recovery, flash the Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0.zip to gain root and Remove-boot-recovery.p.zip to delete the boot-recovery.p file and then reboot.​
    CWM and ROOT. Guide for complete dummies.

Based on guide by ausdim and this thread.
    -1. Download and install Kies by Samsung.

0. Unplug your SGS if it's plugged.

1. Download Odin

3. Download Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0.zip and put it on sdcard formatted with FAT32. Put the card into your SGS.

4. Unzip Odin somewhere and start executable .

5. Copy the I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 to the same directory.

6. Shut down your SGS and shut down Kies.

7. Boot your SGS in to download mode.
    (Press and hold the home then volume down then power buttons at the same time)
    You will see yellow triangle and be offered with 2 options to choose: reboot or continue. Please, continue.
    On the next screen you will see this:

8. Connect your phone to your PC using the cable that came with it.
    If everything in order, you'll see message <ID:0/006> Added!! in the message box and ID:COM bar which is upper will change it's color from grey to blue or yellow. Inside this bar you'll see a message: 0:[COM6].
    There may be any number, not 6, but this number will be as in the message box, so in the ID:COM bar.

9. Press PDA button and select the I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5. Take a peek on "Auto-Reboot" checkbox at Option block. It's already checked and greyed.

10. Press Start. If everything went fine, you'll see following text in message box:
    Code:
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
    <ID:0/006> File analysis..
    <ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/006> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/006> recovery.img
    <ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!! 
    <ID:0/006> RQT_CLOSE !!
    <ID:0/006> RES OK !!
    <ID:0/006> Removed!!
    <ID:0/006> Remain Port ....  0 
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
    Big indicator in the upper left corner will become blue and your SGS will be rebooted. Do not plug it off!
    After reboot the indicator will become green Do not plug it off even after reboot!

11. Shut down your SGS after reboot and still you mustn't pull out USB dongle.

12. Boot your SGS in to download mode.
    (Press and hold the home then volume down then power buttons at the same time)

13. Uncheck "Auto-Reboot" checkbox at Option block. Do not touch any other checkboxes even checked F.Reset Time.

14. Press PDA button and select the I9305_CWM_Recovery.tar.md5 again. Press Start. Do not do anything until you see PASS! on big green indicator. Do not shutdown SGS either!. Keep your SGS in Download Mode.

15. Start up recovery mode right from the Download Mode.
    (Press and hold the home then volume UP then power buttons at the same time)
    Hold them until you see SGS 3 logo with small exclamation mark in the upper left corner of your SGS. Now release them.

16. Now you're in CWM Recovery. Use Install from sdcard option to root your SGS.
    After the proces will be finished, you will see something like this.

17. Now reboot your SGS using CWM Recovery option.

-------------------
    Guys! I'll add some pictures as soon as I'll get to know how to use spoilers.
    The workaround for cwm not appearing is that during the auto-rebooting process after Odin has successfully flashed cwm, u need to pull out the battery, go try it, works for me...

Apparently this is happening to i9305 phones that have updated software in one way or another (i.e. via OTA, Kies...) the android default recovery will reinstall during the rebooting process and replace the cwm that has been flashed.

Note that every time you need to use cwm, you need to use Odin again to flash cwm again + pulling battery trick. Troublesome but u can nevertheless have your phone rooted...

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium HD app
    Maybe this is the problem (check half way down where the article is updated about the non sticking recovery):

www.androidpolice.com/2012/07/01/ha...-jelly-bean-heres-a-method-that-works-how-to/

It was on the GNex when JB was released, but it could be the same problem. Once in recovery, see if you can find and remove a file named /system/recovery-from-boot.p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    sorry to ask, is this also applicable to Galaxy S3 GT-i9305 XXALI6?

This is for all GT-I9305's
    Firmware doesn't mater.