VoLTE support in Hong Kong carrier HKT/PCCW

Search This thread

mobilevil

Nov 3, 2010
Hong Kong
the carrier announced that they will be supporting VoLTE, and the first device to be compatible is Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and the device they are selling are already updated to the compatible firmware. For devices from other channel, would be upgradable starting tomorrow.

not sure if it is the N9005ZHUENB6 leak.

http://www.pccw.com/portal/site/PCC...VgnVCM1000006a8ba8c0____&language=en_US&pop=Y

HKT and Huawei launch the world’s first seamless Voice over LTE service
HKT (SEHK: 6823) - HONG KONG, May 15, 2014 – HKT and Huawei today launch Hong Kong’s first Voice over LTE (VoLTE) service, which is available via the market-leading Samsung Note 3 LTE smartphone.
HKT is the first operator in Hong Kong to offer its 4G customers a VoLTE service while Huawei is the first solution provider to support a commercially available VoLTE service based on the latest 3GPP R10 standard in the world. It is also the first time for Samsung to launch VoLTE enabled smartphones outside South Korea. HKT, Huawei and Samsung are shaping the future of mobile communications through their continuous technology innovation and investment.
The launch marks the world’s first commercial launch of the latest standard VoLTE technology (3GPP standard Release 10-based which enables a totally seamless handover of voice calls from 4G to 3G coverage), reflecting the growth and maturity of the VoLTE ecosystem in the marketplace. It also marks an important collaboration between HKT, Huawei and Samsung.
HKT incorporates Huawei’s state-of-the-art VoLTE solutions. Highlights of the new VoLTE service are:
Enables higher quality video and clearer sound, with significantly reduced background noise
Enables faster voice call set-up (around 1 second for VoLTE calls to VoLTE calls)
Enhances video call quality to 640 pixel x 480 pixel or above
Enables instant switching between voice and video calls

Mr. Alex Arena, Group Managing Director of HKT, said, “We are committed to providing the most advanced and compelling services to customers. Our game-changing VoLTE service will be offered to new and existing mobile customers. We are thrilled to work with Huawei to roll out the VoLTE service to customers and look forward to bringing it to more customers through Samsung Note 3 LTE now and potentially other mobile devices in future.”
Mr. Ma Haixu, President of core network product line, Huawei, said, “Built on Huawei’s network platform, the new service is the world’s first commercially available VoLTE solution using the latest R10 standard. The new service signifies Huawei’s leading position in the VoLTE market. We are focusing our efforts to ensure HKT’s VoLTE network is an industry benchmark in terms of service quality, innovation and return on investment.”
Earlier in May, Huawei was awarded "Best VoLTE Product" for its end-to-end voice and video over LTE (V2oLTE) solution at the 2014 IMS World Forum in Barcelona, Spain. Huawei’s IMS based VoLTE solution is currently being deployed in more than 21 networks. The launch of HKT’s VoLTE service is a great testament to Huawei's dedication and contributions to LTE deployment, emphasizing the leadership of HKT and Huawei in the VoLTE market.
Please see the Appendix for details of the “Ultimate Mobility SIM Plan” and special standalone handset price.

prodigiez

Nov 8, 2008
yup upgraded and tested the VoLTE

Attachments

• 10334352_665530296847437_5376444389353038267_n.jpg
    10334352_665530296847437_5376444389353038267_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 813

domoking

May 20, 2011
Does this firmware will trip knox ? Any N9005 device will work and no region restriction ?

mobilevil

Nov 3, 2010
Hong Kong
Does this firmware will trip knox ? Any N9005 device will work and no region restriction ?

HK N9005 devices has 16GB flash, and the rom image won't work on 32GB device as is. need to modify the PIT or use a backup? I am not sure.

I flashed mine(16GB) just now with mobile odin, VoLTE is greyed out for me as my carrier has no VoLTE support.
root is still ok

my KNOX is triggered long ago:good:

heard that region unlock(5 mins voice call with a "correct" sim) is required for every flash update.

domoking

May 20, 2011
HK N9005 devices has 16GB flash, and the rom image won't work on 32GB device as is. need to modify the PIT or use a backup? I am not sure.

I flashed mine(16GB) just now with mobile odin, VoLTE is greyed out for me as my carrier has no VoLTE support.
root is still ok

my KNOX is triggered long ago:good:

heard that region unlock(5 mins voice call with a "correct" sim) is required for every flash update.

Thanks for the information :good:

prodigiez

Nov 8, 2008
seems like VoLTE having problem .. not sure if PCCW or the mobile itself.. whenever i enable VoLTE , i cant answer any incoming call.. unless i disable it.. weird..

browngeek

Mar 16, 2010
Hong Kong
Wife got an OTA update yesterday. VoLTE now showing but greyed out. She is on one2free (CSL). CSL were supposed to be rolling VoLTE out in H1 this year, so technically still got a while. Yes, am aware that CSL is now part of the HKT/PCCW family, but it seems for the time being they are keeping them as separate operating entities.

andy xu

May 17, 2014
Shenzhen
China Mobile (Hong Kong) can provide VOLTE service?

In Shenzhen, the network is still not VOLTE

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 VOLTE firmware update?

raychak

Mar 1, 2005
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Anyone with custom ROM + N9005ZHUENF1 able to see VoLTE in quick panel or setting? I am using X-NOTE + N9005ZHUENF1 baseband but can't find the VoLTE related setting... Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the carrier announced that they will be supporting VoLTE, and the first device to be compatible is Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and the device they are selling are already updated to the compatible firmware. For devices from other channel, would be upgradable starting tomorrow.

not sure if it is the N9005ZHUENB6 leak.

http://www.pccw.com/portal/site/PCC...VgnVCM1000006a8ba8c0____&language=en_US&pop=Y

HKT and Huawei launch the world’s first seamless Voice over LTE service
    HKT (SEHK: 6823) - HONG KONG, May 15, 2014 – HKT and Huawei today launch Hong Kong’s first Voice over LTE (VoLTE) service, which is available via the market-leading Samsung Note 3 LTE smartphone.
    HKT is the first operator in Hong Kong to offer its 4G customers a VoLTE service while Huawei is the first solution provider to support a commercially available VoLTE service based on the latest 3GPP R10 standard in the world. It is also the first time for Samsung to launch VoLTE enabled smartphones outside South Korea. HKT, Huawei and Samsung are shaping the future of mobile communications through their continuous technology innovation and investment.
    The launch marks the world’s first commercial launch of the latest standard VoLTE technology (3GPP standard Release 10-based which enables a totally seamless handover of voice calls from 4G to 3G coverage), reflecting the growth and maturity of the VoLTE ecosystem in the marketplace. It also marks an important collaboration between HKT, Huawei and Samsung.
    HKT incorporates Huawei’s state-of-the-art VoLTE solutions. Highlights of the new VoLTE service are:
    Enables higher quality video and clearer sound, with significantly reduced background noise
    Enables faster voice call set-up (around 1 second for VoLTE calls to VoLTE calls)
    Enhances video call quality to 640 pixel x 480 pixel or above
    Enables instant switching between voice and video calls

Mr. Alex Arena, Group Managing Director of HKT, said, “We are committed to providing the most advanced and compelling services to customers. Our game-changing VoLTE service will be offered to new and existing mobile customers. We are thrilled to work with Huawei to roll out the VoLTE service to customers and look forward to bringing it to more customers through Samsung Note 3 LTE now and potentially other mobile devices in future.”
    Mr. Ma Haixu, President of core network product line, Huawei, said, “Built on Huawei’s network platform, the new service is the world’s first commercially available VoLTE solution using the latest R10 standard. The new service signifies Huawei’s leading position in the VoLTE market. We are focusing our efforts to ensure HKT’s VoLTE network is an industry benchmark in terms of service quality, innovation and return on investment.”
    Earlier in May, Huawei was awarded "Best VoLTE Product" for its end-to-end voice and video over LTE (V2oLTE) solution at the 2014 IMS World Forum in Barcelona, Spain. Huawei’s IMS based VoLTE solution is currently being deployed in more than 21 networks. The launch of HKT’s VoLTE service is a great testament to Huawei's dedication and contributions to LTE deployment, emphasizing the leadership of HKT and Huawei in the VoLTE market.
    Please see the Appendix for details of the “Ultimate Mobility SIM Plan” and special standalone handset price.
    Can I get volte supported rom for 32gb variant note 3.....suffering without it
    Go to the link below and install the rom I indicated.
    During installation leaves everything by default and you will find yourself among the VoLTE call settings.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/development/rom-qs-n9005-lp-t3037655
    QS-N9005-LP-ZSUGPG1