LG P760 - How to compile Firefox OS ?

Search This thread

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Ok i enabled ril debugging on this build, i have a thoery as to part of whats goign on i just need to find a way to figure it out. I am considering trying to make a 2nd init build for my own phone but i'd have to switch to stock sources or cm 9 sources probably. Try this build out: http://d-h.st/KcE

And please post me the radio log and the "adb logcat > logcat.txt"
I believe this should do it, i think ril is providing some kind of unknown network type, trying to find a way to figure out what its sending out. Atleast that what i was seeing before i enabled a ril component on the last set of logs. I want to verify if it is still in the logs or not.

ds2k5

Feb 27, 2006
here are the logs, hope i helps

on the lockscreen i can see: (so SIM)

many thanks for you hassle

Attachments

• logs.7z
    18.6 KB · Views: 5

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
here are the logs, hope i helps

on the lockscreen i can see: (so SIM)

many thanks for you hassle
Thanks, um what happened with the standard logcat? It seems very empty by comparison to the build that was missing a rild component. Had the log not fully populated or did something mess up in my build? The error I'm hoping to see was in that standard "adb logcat" last time so that's why I'm curious. I'm thinking part of why rild isn't working is because there's a java file that may need implementing in some form of c++. Don't quote lemon that as I'm a bit clueless still since I'm debugging this.

ds2k5

Feb 27, 2006
Thanks, um what happened with the standard logcat? It seems very empty by comparison to the build that was missing a rild component. Had the log not fully populated or did something mess up in my build? The error I'm hoping to see was in that standard "adb logcat" last time so that's why I'm curious. I'm thinking part of why rild isn't working is because there's a java file that may need implementing in some form of c++. Don't quote lemon that as I'm a bit clueless still since I'm debugging this.

now i did a ./adb logcat -b main

sorry about that

Attachments

• logcat_main.7z
    37.3 KB · Views: 2

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
now i did a ./adb logcat -b main

sorry about that

ok just an update to let you guys know i have not forgotten about this project, i'm still debugging the ril issue, and its not going too fast. I started a mailing list, if anyone wants to join in, you can follow the bug here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.b2g/ZWrc7OyWipI

I'll see i fi can make any more progress this weekend since a mozilla dev i know will be on and i can actually stay up late enough to catch him since our time zones don't line up very well with my job.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Ok update time, i did some tweaking and found out still not sure why but the build setup was trolling me and actually set a build.prop property i didnt know existed so the device was forced to think it had 9 sim slots... Thank you to a very helpful mozilla dev for pointing this out... I facepalmed many a time after this because of how simple that problem was. Anyways basically this is where we are at right now, i disabled nfc because of that annoying error on the logcat most likely being from a missing nfc daemon, still haven't added in bluetooth yet but i may attempt this soon. Now as to what i need to say about ril, yes i made it think it has 1 interface now like it should, does this mean it will work? I have no idea, basically lg defined extra sets of commands in u2ril.java, i don't know for sure if some of the commands were equivelents of normal commands or what, so i probably will need to have those added back into the ril_worker.js for ril to work properly, but i thought i fixed one of the issues, so lets see if we have any more luck now, if not i'm going to see if my friend can help out or if i will need to find a dev that can help with the problem, because it involves taking information thats in java and putting it into a javascript form. If anyone is interested in helping do that and they think they might stand a chance feel free to say so. Anyways heres another build to test out, sorry for the really long paragraph.

http://d-h.st/rhG

now im going to sleep.

Reactions: ds2k5

ds2k5

Feb 27, 2006
Hi,
many thanks.

SIM Card: "No SIM insert | Insert a SIM to enable Usage"

Camera: do not work (only black screen if i start the app)

I/CameraService( 147): CameraService started (pid=147)
E/HAL ( 147): load: module=/system/lib/hw/camera.omap4.so
E/HAL ( 147): dlopen failed: could not load library "libexif.so" needed by "camera.omap4.so"; caused by library "libexif.so" not found

Heat: i looks like the phone do not head up so much as with the last images

BlueTooth: do not work

USB-Storage: do not work

--

root@p760:/ # lsmod
omaplfb_sgx540_120 18909 0 - Live 0x00000000
pvrsrvkm_sgx540_120 259044 199 omaplfb_sgx540_120, Live 0x00000000

Please see the attached logs.

added the output from:

./adb shell bugreport

thanks

Attachments

• logs.7z
    29.2 KB · Views: 3
  • bugreport.7z
    79.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Thanks I glanced over the logs on my kindle. Interesting, I think ril thinks it is working but it isn't. Try dialing out. I believe the constants values aren't assigned correctly or something. I saw no values in the lower 1000's that were in that log being used in u2ril.java but I did see lower 1000 numbers in the Samsung ril_constants.js , so that is odd. I will look into it some more when I have more time, I do most of the debugging on the weekend.

ds2k5

Feb 27, 2006
Thanks I glanced over the logs on my kindle. Interesting, I think ril thinks it is working but it isn't. Try dialing out. I believe the constants values aren't assigned correctly or something. I saw no values in the lower 1000's that were in that log being used in u2ril.java but I did see lower 1000 numbers in the Samsung ril_constants.js , so that is odd. I will look into it some more when I have more time, I do most of the debugging on the weekend.

If i try to dial out, got from the "phone app" not network connection

Attachments

• logs_after_dial.7z
    8.3 KB · Views: 3

ds2k5

Feb 27, 2006
i made a copy of your image: full_p760-ota-eng.stunts513-signed-2014-07-20.zip
an added the file: libexif.so from cm-10.2-20140406-NIGHTLY-p760.zip to /system/lib

then i got this from logcat -b main

logcat_main.txt:I/CameraService( 148): CameraService started (pid=148)
logcat_main.txt:E/HAL ( 148): load: module=/system/lib/hw/camera.omap4.so
logcat_main.txt:E/HAL ( 148): dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_ZN7android7RefBase14moveReferencesEPvPKvjRKNS_22ReferenceConverterBaseE" referenced by "camera.omap4.so"...
logcat_main.txt:E/CameraService( 148): Could not load camera HAL module
logcat_main.txt:E/GeckoConsole( 691): [JavaScript Warning: "Unknown property 'speak'. Declaration dropped." {file: "app://camera.gaiamobile.org/style/main.css" line: 1187 column: 6 source: " speak:none;"}]
logcat_main.txt:E/GeckoConsole( 691): [JavaScript Warning: "Unknown property '-moz-osx-font-smoothing'. Declaration dropped." {file: "app://camera.gaiamobile.org/style/main.css" line: 1192 column: 24 source: " -moz-osx-font-smoothing:grayscale;"}]
logcat_main.txt:E/GeckoConsole( 691): [JavaScript Warning: "Unknown property 'will-change'. Declaration dropped." {file: "app://camera.gaiamobile.org/index.html" line: 0 column: 0 source: "transform"}]
logcat_main.txt:E/GeckoConsole( 691): Content JS LOG at app://camera.gaiamobile.org/js/main.js:13369 in anonymous: domloaded in 452ms
logcat_main.txt:E/CameraService( 148): Camera HAL module not loaded

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
i made a copy of your image: full_p760-ota-eng.stunts513-signed-2014-07-20.zip
an added the file: libexif.so from cm-10.2-20140406-NIGHTLY-p760.zip to /system/lib

then i got this from logcat -b main

logcat_main.txt:I/CameraService( 148): CameraService started (pid=148)
logcat_main.txt:E/HAL ( 148): load: module=/system/lib/hw/camera.omap4.so
logcat_main.txt:E/HAL ( 148): dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_ZN7android7RefBase14moveReferencesEPvPKvjRKNS_22ReferenceConverterBaseE" referenced by "camera.omap4.so"...
logcat_main.txt:E/CameraService( 148): Could not load camera HAL module
logcat_main.txt:E/GeckoConsole( 691): [JavaScript Warning: "Unknown property 'speak'. Declaration dropped." {file: "app://camera.gaiamobile.org/style/main.css" line: 1187 column: 6 source: " speak:none;"}]
logcat_main.txt:E/GeckoConsole( 691): [JavaScript Warning: "Unknown property '-moz-osx-font-smoothing'. Declaration dropped." {file: "app://camera.gaiamobile.org/style/main.css" line: 1192 column: 24 source: " -moz-osx-font-smoothing:grayscale;"}]
logcat_main.txt:E/GeckoConsole( 691): [JavaScript Warning: "Unknown property 'will-change'. Declaration dropped." {file: "app://camera.gaiamobile.org/index.html" line: 0 column: 0 source: "transform"}]
logcat_main.txt:E/GeckoConsole( 691): Content JS LOG at app://camera.gaiamobile.org/js/main.js:13369 in anonymous: domloaded in 452ms
logcat_main.txt:E/CameraService( 148): Camera HAL module not loaded

its kinda what i expected, incompatible with the build, that explains the symbols issue, need to build it from source. I'm still looking for a dev to help me iwth this ril issue, i figured out some of the constants but anything beyound that is a bit out of my reach. I can see in the ril logs that its atleast mentioning the constants that still need defining.

ds2k5

Feb 27, 2006
its kinda what i expected, incompatible with the build, that explains the symbols issue, need to build it from source. I'm still looking for a dev to help me iwth this ril issue, i figured out some of the constants but anything beyound that is a bit out of my reach. I can see in the ril logs that its atleast mentioning the constants that still need defining.

i startet a thread in a cyanogenmod forum, may be i got the source of libexif for you

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Ah sorry, I haven't touched this in a while between work and a few other things I'm working on, after running into the ril issue that I couldn't find any help with patching the JavaScript file. Its a shame too, there's not too much that needs to be done from what I can tell to get ril to work properly work, I just don't know the 2 languages well enough to do it myself. Without ril working then it is kinda pointless. Maybe I will ask around if anybody at work would be interested, I know a few people that are very knowledgeable in computers to at least the extent of what I know(not trying to sound arrogant or something by that statement). I'll check with them if I get a chance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    is there a Firefox OS image for the LG Optimus L9 P760 ?

git clone git://github.com/mozilla-b2g/B2G.git

./config

Valid devices to configure are:
    - galaxy-s2
    - galaxy-nexus
    - nexus-4
    - nexus-4-kk
    - nexus-5
    - nexus-s
    - nexus-s-4g
    - flo (Nexus 7 2013)
    - otoro
    - unagi
    - inari
    - keon
    - peak
    - leo
    - hamachi
    - helix
    - wasabi
    - fugu
    - tarako
    - tara
    - dolphin
    - pandaboard
    - vixen
    - flatfish
    - flame
    - emulator
    - emulator-jb
    - emulator-kk
    - emulator-x86
    - emulator-x86-jb
    - emulator-x86-kk

Is there a compatible model in the list ?

Thanks
    No, ROMs are device specific. You have to port it and add it to the list. I could attempt a port of this, I ported Firefox os to kindle fire HD, its hardware is very similar, and as long as there's a cm device tree that is ICS based or higher I should be able to attempt a build. I only haven't tried yet since my bootloader is yet to be unlocked, but I could attempt a build this weekend if you want, I just need a cm device tree.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
    OK cool, can't wait to see how this works, its funny you mention it after the fact because a few months ago running Firefox is would have been a complete pain because sgx GPU's were having issues, I was around at the time they fixed it working on kfhd builds. Can't wait to attempt a build on this and see how it goes. Only downside is I can't personally test out the ROM. That being said i can already think of a few issues that might present themselves since the hardware is similar but only time will tell...

I still need to find the device tree, but I'm going to bed I have to get up for work tomorrow and its late. I'll look into it this weekend.

Thanks, I was hoping for a cm 10.2 dev tree but I can work with cm 11, their 4.3 builds were more stable than my current 4.4 builds on kfhd, though my 4.4 builds have a ton more bugs fixed from upstream. Thanks for that I will take a look at it this weekend.

ok thanks, thats a good part of it i think, i will have to see about putting together a manifest using that repo plus maybe a few others, last time i did this it was with a device that wasnt official at the time so i had a manifest generated for the process already that made my life easier, so i will have to do some research this time to figure out what repos i need, i can guess that one and definately the proprietary blobs. Will try to get this done sometime soon, ran out of time this weekend because i was also doing something on my domain controller to update some deployment images and the freaking power inverter for the lcd screen died...