[APPS] 16 Aug: Google Stock bits for Galaxy S II ROMs

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
It seems quite a few people are looking for 'stock google apps' for their ROMs. I've packaged the various bits and pieces and patched where appropriate (for incorrect resources etc.) so I figured i'd upload them here too.

Feel free to push to your device, use in your own ROM or whatever (credit is always appreciated tho!)

These are tested on XXKG6.

Enjoy! :)

P

jaksau

Aug 4, 2010
It seems quite a few people are looking for 'stock google apps' for their ROMs. I've packaged the various bits and pieces and patched where appropriate (for incorrect resources etc.) so I figured i'd upload them here too.

Feel free to push to your device, use in your own ROM or whatever (credit is always appreciated tho!)

P

Awesome job dude... But could you upload it someplace else. The download speed is very slow.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

CaspaTheGhost

Aug 23, 2010
London
Thanks Paul, very useful to have these in one place... May be using these if I dont get on with Sammy's stuff...

Will it work on XXKG5?

As per the OP, they have only been tested on XXKG6... You can give it a try but probably unlikely...

And how to install these?

Need to ADB push them, if you dont know what that is, might be best to steer clear of this and wait till someone packages them up or cooks include them in their ROMS... Otherwise you'd need to read up on ADB...

ZAIGHAM ALI

May 25, 2011
Toronto
Would these work only with SGS 2 or can I use these with my Xperia? I have always been looking for these...
Thanks! and great job.

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
"Lockscreen - in progress"

System lockscreen is a part of framework. You cannot install it as any other apk. The only way is to replace android.policy.jar which highly depends on rest of framework files. You even cannot take it from other version of SGSII ROM.

So, just simply delete "Lockscreen" line from your offers ;)

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com

System lockscreen is a part of framework. You cannot install it as any other apk. The only way is to replace android.policy.jar which highly depends on rest of framework files. You even cannot take it from other version of SGSII ROM.

Um, yes, funnily enough I know this. I've ported the stock lockscreen before, and i'm working on it for the SGSII, hence it's presence in the first post.

P

Reactions: dexter.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

P
    I'm completely lost here- Running VR2.4.2 with Ninphetamine kernel and can't get the apps to install. Just migrated to Android and pretty confused as to what I would have to change to get the Books/Calendar app installed...
    These apps are not for installing, you can either flash them with CWM (there are a lot of guides on how to do this) or unpack the zip and place the .apk file in /system/app with root explorer. To do this you'll first have to enable read write. (the little button in the top of the screen)

Good luck
    All in One on Mediafire
    "All of the above"

http://www.mediafire.com/?yy1hqm56g08174z
    I'll mirror them to my MediaFire Pro account when I get a min.

P

Um, yes, funnily enough I know this. I've ported the stock lockscreen before, and i'm working on it for the SGSII, hence it's presence in the first post.

P