Root the kyocera echo!!!

Search This thread

mingolianbeef

Apr 14, 2011
WE ARE ROOTED!!!
Okay, we have successfully found root for the Kyocera Echo (We have reached our goal folks!!!) So here is the Root method!

DISCLAIMER: This has to be done correctly, or you will have to reset your phone in order to run the Exploit again! Follow all instructions below please.

Credits:

All credits go to zergRush of XDA, Saridnour for his dedicated work to H.T.E. (Which will soon be Hear OUR Echo), and all who tested this to confirm its functionality and show me the proper way to do it!

A little Information:

I will be using my directory to my SDK folder for this tutorial (C:\sdk\tools) but whatever your directory is to SDK is what you will use.

Things you will need:

Android SDK (already set up)

A Kyocera Echo (duh!)

zergRush (XDA root exploit)

Root method:

1. Download zergRush and put the file (not the zip) in your tools folder of sdk

Open your CMD promt, then redirect to SDK (just type exactly what I type after you're in SDK)

(cd c:\sdk\tools) <-- SDK redirect

adb shell rm -r /data/local/temp/*

adb push zergRush /data/local/temp/zergRush

adb shell

chmod 755 /data/local/temp/zergRush

/data/local/zergRush

then you should see this:

[**] Zerg rush - Android 2.2/2.3 local root [**] (C) 2011 Revolutionary. All rights reserved. [**] Parts of code from Gingerbreak, (C) 2010-2011 The Android Exploid Crew. [+] Found a GingerBread ! 0x00017118[*] Sending 149 zerglings ...[*] Trying a new path ...[*] Sending 149 zerglings ...[*] Trying a new path ...[*] Sending 149 zerglings ...[*] Trying a new path ...[*] Sending 149 zerglings ... [+] Zerglings caused crash (good news): 0x401219c4 0x0054[*] Researching Metabolic Boost ... [+] Speedlings on the go ! 0xafd260a9 0xafd39f9f[*] Poping 24 more zerglings[*] Sending 173 zerglings ... [+] Rush did it ! It's a GG, man !
[+] Killing ADB and restarting as root..enjoy!

3. Afterwards, you will have to manually push SuperUser and Busybox (DO NOT UNPLUG THE PHONE)

find the SU and Busybox files here

Then, ADB push them with these commands:

Type: adb push GingerBreak /data/local/tmp/GingerBreak

Type: adb push Superuser.apk /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk

Type: adb push su /data/local/tmp/su

Type: adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/busybox

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT, YOUR PHONE IS NOW ROOTED. HAVE FUN MODDING AND DOING WHATEVER ELSE. AS SOON AS SARIDNOUR AND H.T.E. COME OUT WITH THE RECOVERY, WE ARE ON TO CUSTOM ROMS!!!!

Thanks for supporting us this whole time,

BFG SgtRecon

Reactions: Rosiebyron9

Omgadroid

Jun 30, 2011
canton
Amazing my girl wants to cook up her own rom ......well wants me to..
Good job all would worked on this

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

hiddenagendas

Mar 15, 2008
There is also a one-touch method that is easy to use and free. Just go to the forums at heartheecho.webs.com. Register for free, and the software and instructions are easy to find in the Tutorials section of the forums.

Sent from my M9300 using XDA App

mingolianbeef

Apr 14, 2011
I know, the guy named saridnour built it. (I own hear the echo, or am the creator of it rather, my name on there is BFG SgtRecon on the site though)

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WE ARE ROOTED!!!
    Okay, we have successfully found root for the Kyocera Echo (We have reached our goal folks!!!) So here is the Root method!

DISCLAIMER: This has to be done correctly, or you will have to reset your phone in order to run the Exploit again! Follow all instructions below please.

Credits:

All credits go to zergRush of XDA, Saridnour for his dedicated work to H.T.E. (Which will soon be Hear OUR Echo), and all who tested this to confirm its functionality and show me the proper way to do it!

A little Information:

I will be using my directory to my SDK folder for this tutorial (C:\sdk\tools) but whatever your directory is to SDK is what you will use.

Things you will need:

Android SDK (already set up)

A Kyocera Echo (duh!)

zergRush (XDA root exploit)

Root method:

1. Download zergRush and put the file (not the zip) in your tools folder of sdk

Open your CMD promt, then redirect to SDK (just type exactly what I type after you're in SDK)

(cd c:\sdk\tools) <-- SDK redirect

adb shell rm -r /data/local/temp/*

adb push zergRush /data/local/temp/zergRush

adb shell

chmod 755 /data/local/temp/zergRush

/data/local/zergRush

then you should see this:

[**] Zerg rush - Android 2.2/2.3 local root [**] (C) 2011 Revolutionary. All rights reserved. [**] Parts of code from Gingerbreak, (C) 2010-2011 The Android Exploid Crew. [+] Found a GingerBread ! 0x00017118[*] Sending 149 zerglings ...[*] Trying a new path ...[*] Sending 149 zerglings ...[*] Trying a new path ...[*] Sending 149 zerglings ...[*] Trying a new path ...[*] Sending 149 zerglings ... [+] Zerglings caused crash (good news): 0x401219c4 0x0054[*] Researching Metabolic Boost ... [+] Speedlings on the go ! 0xafd260a9 0xafd39f9f[*] Poping 24 more zerglings[*] Sending 173 zerglings ... [+] Rush did it ! It's a GG, man !
    [+] Killing ADB and restarting as root..enjoy!

3. Afterwards, you will have to manually push SuperUser and Busybox (DO NOT UNPLUG THE PHONE)

find the SU and Busybox files here

Then, ADB push them with these commands:

Type: adb push GingerBreak /data/local/tmp/GingerBreak

Type: adb push Superuser.apk /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk

Type: adb push su /data/local/tmp/su

Type: adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/busybox

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT, YOUR PHONE IS NOW ROOTED. HAVE FUN MODDING AND DOING WHATEVER ELSE. AS SOON AS SARIDNOUR AND H.T.E. COME OUT WITH THE RECOVERY, WE ARE ON TO CUSTOM ROMS!!!!

Thanks for supporting us this whole time,

BFG SgtRecon
    Amazing my girl wants to cook up her own rom ......well wants me to..
    Good job all would worked on this

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
    There is also a one-touch method that is easy to use and free. Just go to the forums at heartheecho.webs.com. Register for free, and the software and instructions are easy to find in the Tutorials section of the forums.

Sent from my M9300 using XDA App