[Download] Google Chrome for Android 2.3 for GingerBread Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY
Its NOT Google Chrome, it clearly says at the link you provided. Google Chrome relies on APIs introduced in ICS so a GB port is not possible unless somebody were to start a completely different project of compiling for Android from Chromium source which may not even be possible.

Reactions: Mocket

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY
I'd recommend Dolphin HD for Gingerbread. I don't really want to download some random browser apk off some random site with all these malware reports recently.

Reactions: tdct12

m-p{3}

Sep 26, 2010
Please don't use a misleading title. This is a skinned browser to looks like Chrome.

TomorrowSpace

Nov 20, 2007
Kissimmee, FL
I'd recommend Dolphin HD for Gingerbread. I don't really want to download some random browser apk off some random site with all these malware reports recently.

I don't say very much, but i don't think calling xda "some random website" is cool. I've personally been here since windows 5 days and xda has been here even longer. Xda is the opposite of "some random site". No flame, just saying.

Reactions: achyut

BleedsOrangeandBlue

Jul 10, 2011
Charleston, SC
I don't say very much, but i don't think calling xda "some random website" is cool. I've personally been here since windows 5 days and xda has been here even longer. Xda is the opposite of "some random site". No flame, just saying.

He's clearly talking about the website in the link from which you go to download it.

Its not like this is on the xda portal, there is no endorsement from xda at all. This is some random dude telling you to go to "Freshnewsarea.com" to download and sideload a browser, and lying about what kind of browser it is to boot.

If you're not at least a little skeptical of that (because you're reading it on xda which you claim to be a safe site), then I don't know what to tell you.

No flame, just saying.

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY

I'm not talking about xda, its a legit site I've been on for years. I'm talking about the site hosting the download which is clearly not associated with xda.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

onxyxda

May 2, 2012
dont download fake chrome apks!

There's a fake chrome APK going around claiming it works on 2.3. Note that it's a) not chrome b) hacked to include several fake chrome logos / copyrights by Goolge c) most of all -- a security threat.. the things already been modified, how do I know it's not sending my password or credit card info somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts