[TOOL][SCRIPT][05 Sep 2012]S-off for HBOOT 1.16 and above[v3.4.1]

Search This thread

InsertDumbNick

Feb 2, 2012
Chennai
varunkeshav.com
Well, I flashed the su version which i have shown in the attachment. But im still getting the $ prompt.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 19

InsertDumbNick

Feb 2, 2012
Chennai
varunkeshav.com
Okay managed to get the # prompt. Silly mistake. Lets leave it at that hehe. Anyway do i then proceed to do this?

adb push misc_version /data/local/tmp
adb shell
chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/misc_version
/data/local/tmp/misc_version -s 1.00.000.0
exit

Cookie Ninja

Jan 21, 2010
Has anyone tried using superSU from the market? How does it compare with super user by chainsDD.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide
Okay so what do i do? I am a noob in Android. All i want to do is S-OFF and flash a new radio and maybe CM7. The signal dropping is terrible.

Is the script still not working? What rom do you currently have installed?

If you really need to do this manually, do not lower the main version to 1.00.000.0 as flashing a froyo ruu/radio will brick your phone. You will also need to create a goldcard. Do not use a 16gb sdcard as these don't seem work most of the time.

InsertDumbNick

Feb 2, 2012
Chennai
varunkeshav.com
Is the script still not working? What rom do you currently have installed?

If you really need to do this manually, do not lower the main version to 1.00.000.0 as flashing a froyo ruu/radio will brick your phone. You will also need to create a goldcard. Do not use a 16gb sdcard as these don't seem work most of the time.

I have the stock Gingerbread 2.3.5 ROM.
Software No: 3.09.720.1

No im still getting the same error:

Code:
Is the device rooted?
y OR n:y
Waiting for device to connect
Device found
Pushing misc_version
1764 KB/s (367096 bytes in 0.203s)
Correcting permissions
Downgrading main version
--set_version set. VERSION will be changed to: 2.00.000.0
Patching and backing up misc partition...
Error opening input file.
Cleaning temp files

Also im using a 4 GB class 4 SDHC card. I also tried with my phone's 8 GB one.

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide
I have the stock Gingerbread 2.3.5 ROM.
Software No: 3.09.720.1

No im still getting the same error:

Code:
Is the device rooted?
y OR n:y
Waiting for device to connect
Device found
Pushing misc_version
1764 KB/s (367096 bytes in 0.203s)
Correcting permissions
Downgrading main version
--set_version set. VERSION will be changed to: 2.00.000.0
Patching and backing up misc partition...
Error opening input file.
Cleaning temp files

Also im using a 4 GB class 4 SDHC card. I also tried with my phone's 8 GB one.

Try selecting n at the first prompt.

InsertDumbNick

Feb 2, 2012
Chennai
varunkeshav.com
I did that. Got a message saying that a temporary tacoroot exploit would be installed and it did so. But again,when it came to the step of downgrading the version, the same input error appeared.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide
I did that. Got a message saying that a temporary tacoroot exploit would be installed and it did so. But again,when it came to the step of downgrading the version, the same input error appeared.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA

I'm almost out of ideas. Your bootloader is unlocked still correct? You could try manually downgrading or reverting to stock.

InsertDumbNick

Feb 2, 2012
Chennai
varunkeshav.com
Yeah I know it's pretty frustrating. I'm not able to use 3G. If I set my connection settings to Cdma+ gsm auto the signal drops suddenly to nothing. So I'm forced to use it under the gsm only option, hence only edge connectivity. And yeah the bootloader is unlocked.

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide
[Offtopic] Do i have to be S-OFF to flash say a Camera fix for CM7.2 RC1 or a new Tiamat Kernel?

I recall tpbklake posting a work around for that.
Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img
Which allows you to flash roms without the manual boot.img flashing. Would probably work with kernels also.

This is unconfirmed in the incredible s forum as far as I know, but definitely worth a shot.

Reactions: InsertDumbNick

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Detailed in this post is a way to downgrade your Incredible S Hboot version 1.16 and above to version 1.13 so it can be s-offed using revolutionary. This is made possible with the TacoRoot exploit, an unsecured kernel, misc_version_universal and an automated goldcard algorithm.

Please note that phones with the latest ICS hboot (2.02 currently) will have to be bootloader UNLOCKED from htcdev.com. If your hboot 2.02 phone does not have an unlocked bootloader, do NOT run this script.

(Insert usual disclaimer: not responsible for your bricked phone blah blah etc).

Beware also that you will lose everything on the phone so back it all up if necessary.

Always make sure the script has completed without error before continuing with the RUU downgrade.

Requires:

MicroSD card (2GB,4GB or 8GB recommended).
    Windows PC.
    HTC Sync (Installed then uninstalled for ADB drivers).
    View attachment IncS_MVDTKv3.4.1.zip [highlight]Link to post, not attachment. No mirrors please.[/highlight]

RUU used for downgrade, model number PG3213000(Typical IncS)
    Dropbox Mirror

Alternate RUU for Canadian Bell or South American IncS users, model number PG3212000
    Dropbox Mirror

Procedure:

Extract all the files from the downgrade toolkit to your PC and run runme.cmd, following the instructions on screen. The only inputs you should be required to make are:

1. Answering y or n at the prompts
    2. Rebooting your phone out of recovery (also when/if prompted)

You may receive this error during the script operation "rm failed for /data/data/recovery/log, No such file or directory" This error can be disregarded.

Then run the RUU Downgrade (takes a while, around 10 mins so be patient).

When its finished running, you can verify if you have 1.13.0000 hboot by entering hboot (power on phone + vol down).

Then you can run revolutionary to get your s-off!

Video Guide kindly provided by locn:

Use on stock ICS device

Part 1. This video goes through the process of down grading HBOOT to 1.13.0000 so that we can then use revolutionary method to gain S-OFF.
    http://youtu.be/PbwE6pXOdco

Part 2. This video covers how to get S-OFF on the HTC IncS using revolutionary method.
    http://youtu.be/alSEpJMJrjo

Support: (Before asking for help make sure you read and follow the instructions in both the procedure and the script)

While every possible precaution has been taken to ensure the script works on all versions of our phone under all windows environments, there is a possibility that you may get stuck on a step and require assistance. To make this process go as quickly as possible for both parties, please include the following information when requesting help:

A full output of the script, either by screenshot or copy/paste
    The operating system specifics: hboot version, stock or custom(provide name) recovery or Rom and if the phone is rooted
    (optional)An output of the command "fastboot getvar all" deleting imei and serial no.

Changelog:
    v3.4.1 Corrected syntax causing errors for rooted users
    v3.4 Added option for users on stock ICS hboot (2.02)
    v3.3 Fixed main version downgrade and goldcard creation issues for some users & other minor fixes
    v3.2 Repackaged and re-encoded in windows environment for compatibility issues
    v3.1 Fixed issue with gold card creation on non-rooted phones
    v3.0 Changed temp root method to TacoRoot changed misc_version to misc_version_universal & other minor fixes
    v2.1 Changed downgrade version to help prevent user error & other minor fixes
    v2.0 Added goldcard script and relock bootloader for users unlocked via htcdev
    v1.1 Added option in batch file for rooted and non-rooted users
    v1.0 original upload

Credits:
    tpbklake: For his unsecured kernel
    jcase: Author of TacoRoot
    hyuh: For misc_version_universal
    viperbjk from RevSkills: For the goldcard algorithm.
    GenePoole: For the android goldcard binary.
    Revolutionary Team: For s-off Hboot.

And to everyone who contributed. If I have missed anyone that would like to be credited on this guide, pm me and I will be happy to oblige.
    Great Script! Made some Videos for it!

Hi Nonverbose

Thanks for making it so easy for us! Finally got around to doing this and it worked flawlessly for me!

I made videos of the process which i followed here and thought it might be able to help someone out.

Part 1. This video goes through the process of down grading HBOOT to 1.13.0000 so that we can then use revolutionary method to gain S-OFF.
    http://youtu.be/PbwE6pXOdco

Part 2. This video covers how to get S-OFF on the HTC IncS using revolutionary method.
    http://youtu.be/alSEpJMJrjo

Hope it helps!

Cheers
    Just to confirm, the gold card is required.

So happy to finally have s-off. Very annoying not being able to use OTA updates.
    @pressytcn very pretty and extremely large photo of your phone in stock recovery waiting for you to press volume up + volume down + power button, just like it says in the screenshot of the script you provided. Learn to read.

sorry my mistake
    i learned it now and tried flashing as you said
    the result is
    E: Signature verification failed
    installation aborted

If you were doing what I said, there would be no signature check to fail. I asked you to flash a custom rom and rerun the script, providing a screenshot of the result. Fail.

If your phone is operational, don't bother trying to follow this guide. Its out of your depth unfortunately. If your phone cannot boot a rom, I will help you get it working again.

Worked flawlessly.. no interruptions... no issues!
    Thanks mate... :)

It is encouraging to see there's users in the xda community that can still follow a reasonably simple set of instructions. Thanks for the feedback :)
    Hey, why don't you try giving an answer instead of being smartass ? I CAN'T FIND any info about my specifications.Info on this forum is really messy.I found info about hboot 2.02, i found hboot 2.00 s-on locked but not mine.I don't want make my phone bricked.If you want to help, help or just suht up, ok.I don't really care you are writing a script.I think xda have to cleaned from behaving like you.Like adolescent...

I have been supporting this method for almost 1 year but still I need to read this crap. The title says this method is for hboot 1.16 and above. You're on v2.00 obviously that is above 1.16, not only that, you are coming here asking if flashing a recovery image will give you s-off? If you don't want your phone bricked, how about you research what the hell you're doing. If that's too difficult then you should not be modifying your phone. Simple as that.