[Q] CWM Backups not restoring

Search This thread

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
I have made multiple backups, but none of them will seem to restore properly. It always fails while restoring system! Any ideas? This is kind of a problem, as when I bootlooped yesterday, I had to wipe data and reinstall my rom.

eL_MeXiCaNo

Jan 15, 2012
San Diego
Maybe you have a corrupt SD card and it's not backing up correctly? Did you change the names of the folders?

Because if you came from stock and tried to restore and it didn't work then there must be a physical problem because it sounds you have tried every software method.

You can always send the backed up data to me and ll try to restore it. If it restores for me then theres a software problem on your end, if it doesnt that means your backup got corrupted somehow

Reactions: lkrasner

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
Maybe you have a corrupt SD card and it's not backing up correctly? Did you change the names of the folders?

Because if you came from stock and tried to restore and it didn't work then there must be a physical problem because it sounds you have tried every software method.

You can always send the backed up data to me and ll try to restore it. If it restores for me then theres a software problem on your end, if it doesnt that means your backup got corrupted somehow

can I just send you /system? I don't want you to have my data :)

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
Are there any settings in CWM that could effect this? just an idea as this is drivng me insane and seems to be a problem that only I have. should I wipe the system partition before restoring? or is that a bad idea.

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
Still having problem

Just want to get this back up top since I'm still having this problem. since others were able to restore it I think it is something on my end. I am working on my reviews project so I want this working, so I am kind of desperate for help. I get this feeling that it is going to be something really simple, but someone please help me.

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
It might be your SD card. Try backing up your files, and then formatting the card. Then boot into CWM, make a backup, and try to recover it.

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
I've been putting off formatting since I have 25 GB of music that takes a while to transfer but maybe I'll try

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
formatting my sdcard now, it's going to take a few hours to transfer all my stuff back (30+ GB), but i'll kep you updated, hopefully this works so I can try out all the roms for my review thread, then come back to where I am now.

EDIT: just realized I never even formatted the card when I got it as it is now named "MOT" so maybe the phone just didn't like that. transferring back now at 2.8 MB/s does that seem slow? or is it normal. anyways, do the math, this may take a while.

Last edited:

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
formatting my sdcard now, it's going to take a few hours to transfer all my stuff back (30+ GB), but i'll kep you updated, hopefully this works so I can try out all the roms for my review thread, then come back to where I am now.

EDIT: just realized I never even formatted the card when I got it as it is now named "MOT" so maybe the phone just didn't like that. transferring back now at 2.8 MB/s does that seem slow? or is it normal. anyways, do the math, this may take a while.

:\ One of the corrupt files might have been transfered off your sd card, so right now you may be re-adding corrupt files to it. Are you moving or copy+pasting?

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
Still having problem

this time it got most of the way through restoring system then failed. any ideas. could it be a corrupt system file.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

haha yea, thats what I meant, I don't need the data, the system is what counts