If you were me.....

Search This thread

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
If you were me, what would you do in this situation? I had to get a replacement Note 2 and the replacement thankfully came with the VRALJB software installed. I deferred the update to L4 for 5 days.

Would you just root and unlock the bootloader now the easy way, or take the L4 update and do it the harder way? Would either way be beneficial or does it not really matter?

Thanks!

nunyazz

Oct 7, 2010
BTR
Go ahead and unlock/root. You don't have to do anything further if you don't want to and you never know how difficult it would be to unlock in the future.

Reactions: WizeGuyDezignz

mike7728

Nov 1, 2012
Xenia
mine came with the ota last Saturday night, i waited til Monday to root just because I've always had htc phones, had to get familiar with touchwiz. took me 10mins to root after i couldn't take all the bloatware anymore

sent from my rooted SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2...

Reactions: WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
Yeah guys, odin didn't fix it. I consider myself somewhat of a veteran with phones, rooting, etc. This time it stumped the hell out of me. Absolutely nothing that I did worked.

I want to thank you all for the help, info, etc. I will be back in business soon!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
Yeah guys, odin didn't fix it. I consider myself somewhat of a veteran with phones, rooting, etc. This time it stumped the hell out of me. Absolutely nothing that I did worked.

I want to thank you all for the help, info, etc. I will be back in business soon!

Ya man I've seen you around, I think from the s3 also. I knew you actually knew what you were doing that's why it was so strange Odin didn't fix it. Guess with this beast of a phone we get beast of bugs

Sent from the dark on a Note 2

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
Ya man I've seen you around, I think from the s3 also. I knew you actually knew what you were doing that's why it was so strange Odin didn't fix it. Guess with this beast of a phone we get beast of bugs

Yup, I had the S3 for a while and was over there. Yeah man, I was chatting to the developer of the Jedi ROM and I sent him the meta folder of the ROM that I flashed for beta testing and he saw some problems. He said it was touching some partitions that it shouldn't be touching.

Anyhow, I guess I learned the hard way to be careful of testing ROMs from devs that I don't really recognize.

Time to root this bad boy and get back in business lol. :D

Reactions: kintwofan

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
Good idea. I thought with that failure it went black with no signs of life, but haven't read up on it. It was a strange that Odin of stock didn't fix it for him.... That's usually a guarantee unbrick

normally yes...i was just throwing that out there. something was corrupted since recovery was borked.

Reactions: kintwofan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When I purchased mine outright it had the older software. I used the jailbreak method and that worked like a charm.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
    As others said doesn't matter. Once you flash aROM you could just flash the LL4 radio and it would be the same as the OTA.

So I guess Odin didn't fix your last one?

im guessing it had a emmc failure that some have reported.
    Well if you were me you wouldnt think about it and just root when I got my phone I didnt even sign into google first I skipped all that and was rooted within half an hour of owning my phone...Lol so root away mang
    Go ahead and unlock/root. You don't have to do anything further if you don't want to and you never know how difficult it would be to unlock in the future.
    Either way. Just do it on the current software and save a step. Same end result.