[Q] Verizon network tethering afer root with Firewater

Search This thread

dziabac

Feb 19, 2014
Does anyone knows if tethering works on Verizon HTC one after root with Firewater ? I want to make sure before I start messing around with my phone

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
You need to flash a Rom that allows the native tethering to work. Viper one , santods Roms and ecliptic (sp?) are just some of the more popular sense Roms. Really reading any Rom op will tell you if native tethering works or not. I am running viper one but know with 5.0 some people are having tethering issues bit a fix is on its way. 4.3 works flawlessly

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

dziabac

Feb 19, 2014
You can also tether on stock. See http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2576548

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app

I'm on stock now and my tether works fine but my phone recently downloaded Android update that I didn't installed yet because I read that Firefox won't work with it. Now I wanted to root my phone long time ago to get rid off those
"Garbage" Verizon apps but I don't want to mess around with it till I know my tether will work. Thanks for the Info guys.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Tether works fine on the newest ota with the stock hot spot app, as long as your rooted and can make a small file edit. Firefox also works just fine.