[ROM] [Kernel] [Team-M8] [UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
For the font, maybe some app in google play store will do the work.I personally like Comic Sans , could be flashed by a zip in recovery.There also thread in XDA with fonts which I think it will work for this rom.

Send from HTC One M8 running CyanogenMod� 14.1 by Tapatalk

Last edited:

justinchao740

Oct 11, 2016
Weymouth
It is useless to ask about xposed, mods, assistants etc in ALPHA Cyanogenenmod thread. It's spam.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

That really depends on your definition of spam, in my mind, spam would be someone randomly posting one letter/word post and posting something relative to the what we are talking about in my mind would not be consider spamming. Whatever you think you don't have to be rude.

Reactions: DahakePL

ahmed.ismael

Oct 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Xiaomi Poco F3
That really depends on your definition of spam, in my mind, spam would be someone randomly posting one letter/word post and posting something relative to the what we are talking about in my mind would not be consider spamming. Whatever you think you don't have to be rude.
can't you get it ?
this rom development is a team work not one man work
And this man is one of the team and i believe if you open your setting app then went to the kernel info you will see his name
So when the users like me ask about something he should reply to them
So please keep it quiet

Sent from my HTC M8 using XDA Labs

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
Last edited:
Reactions: DahakePL

1aladdin1

Nov 11, 2008
Austria
OnePlus 7T
SD Card not recognized by SD Insight App

I'm on build 2016/11/18
As I got no answer to my previous post #903, here is a second attempt.

When I start SD Insight app, it complains about no SD card being inserted, which obviously is not the case.

In logcat line 3919 the app complains that some read access has been denied. Perhaps this could be tied to error message in line 2471 'VoldConnector: NDC Command {6 volume mount public:179_129 2 0} took too long'

For your reference: SD Insight starts successfully with CM13 (and reports the SD Card being inserted).

edit: perhaps this issue could be related to http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47882407&postcount=463

Attachments

• logcat_sd08-sdi-cm141.zip
    85.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Reactions: fizbanrapper

flashback8

Apr 22, 2015
Hi. I tried flashing the 11/18 build a couple of days ago, coming from the official 11/14 CM13.1 build (no kernel changes and such). After doing a TWRP backup, I did a sys/Dalvik/cache wipe and flashed the 11/18 ZIP. TWRP just sat there for at least 10 min. (IIRC) and just seemed to be stuck. When I forced a reboot, the phone was soft bricked. (Fortunately, the TWRP restore was smooth.) Any idea what I might have done wrong? I did a quick search of the thread and couldn't find anything major. Perhaps I should use Titanium Backup and wipe everything, restoring my apps later? Anyway, my phone info is below in case it helps. I believe I'm on the latest firmware.

HTC One M8 (Purchased from T-Mobile and unlocked later)
TWRP 3.0.2
S-OFF CID-11111111
HBOOT 3.19
Radio 1.29.213311491.05G
OpenDSP-v51.2.2-00593-M8974_FO.1015
Mar. 1, 2016 - 00:59:13.0

Thanks!

Homonkuli

Apr 8, 2012
Münster
Hi. I tried flashing the 11/18 build a couple of days ago, coming from the official 11/14 CM13.1 build (no kernel changes and such). After doing a TWRP backup, I did a sys/Dalvik/cache wipe and flashed the 11/18 ZIP. TWRP just sat there for at least 10 min. (IIRC) and just seemed to be stuck. When I forced a reboot, the phone was soft bricked. (Fortunately, the TWRP restore was smooth.) Any idea what I might have done wrong? I did a quick search of the thread and couldn't find anything major. Perhaps I should use Titanium Backup and wipe everything, restoring my apps later? Anyway, my phone info is below in case it helps. I believe I'm on the latest firmware.

HTC One M8 (Purchased from T-Mobile and unlocked later)
TWRP 3.0.2
S-OFF CID-11111111
HBOOT 3.19
Radio 1.29.213311491.05G
OpenDSP-v51.2.2-00593-M8974_FO.1015
Mar. 1, 2016 - 00:59:13.0

Thanks!

I'd say try again and be patient, it happened to me 1st time too, after that factory reset,then installing 11.18, with arm Pico gaps don't forget to download ARM Gapps not arm64!

OK. Fresh update, same as before. Wiped clean, fresh install new build. Gapps. Two things I did differently this time though. Backed up apps on titanium and wiped sd card and reformatted it as internal storage to restore apps. A few sets of reboots and cache wipes to get everything working bug free. However this is the problem which has happened in two separate occasions.

First was the kernel mod. Would not let me update to newest version as it has the previous builds. Had to eject sd card to get it to update.

Second is Gello mod from XDA. Tells me I have no space. I have tried it with card in, card out, XDA in and out of memory. Verified both XDA and browser apps have write permissions. Other apps install fine, just errors with those two.

Not sure if this is from formatting the sd card as internal or something else I did. Kernel update gave me same error.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161122-175150.png
    Screenshot_20161122-175150.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 489

Bobbi lim

Dec 22, 2012
Singapore

Enough is enough man! You want to know why devs dislike Xposed so much?
It's a great project and idea, the entire Xposed is great! I don't deny that. Xposed is most suited for stock ROM like HTC Sense, Touchwiz or pure AOSP and so on...
It doesn't work well with custom ROM like CM, AOKP, AOSPA etc as they have custom framework which xposed tends to modify (if required) and ends up breaking the ROM, after which users will complain the ROM is bootlooping upon installation of Xposed. To complicate matters, if you submit a bug report with Xposed, things get ugly in the logs... (devs will understand what I mean :p)

There you go @Imotep95 :fingers-crossed:

fizbanrapper

Jan 19, 2014
I'm on build 2016/11/18
As I got no answer to my previous post #903, here is a second attempt.

When I start SD Insight app, it complains about no SD card being inserted, which obviously is not the case.

In logcat line 3919 the app complains that some read access has been denied. Perhaps this could be tied to error message in line 2471 'VoldConnector: NDC Command {6 volume mount public:179_129 2 0} took too long'

For your reference: SD Insight starts successfully with CM13 (and reports the SD Card being inserted).

edit: perhaps this issue could be related to http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47882407&postcount=463
What you're seeing in 3919 is an selinux denial. Can you try it again with kernel in permissive mode?

Reactions: 1aladdin1

fizbanrapper

Jan 19, 2014
Are u on heavy usage? How are you getting such a good battery life? If I use mine to browse the web I can see the percentage every 5 or so minutes and I'm using greenify and other battery saving apps.

I'm basically on no usage. It's an experiment to see what the theoretical limits are for the device, even though it's a few years old now.

saiz136

Feb 12, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Enough is enough man! You want to know why devs dislike Xposed so much?
It's a great project and idea, the entire Xposed is great! I don't deny that. Xposed is most suited for stock ROM like HTC Sense, Touchwiz or pure AOSP and so on...
It doesn't work well with custom ROM like CM, AOKP, AOSPA etc as they have custom framework which xposed tends to modify (if required) and ends up breaking the ROM, after which users will complain the ROM is bootlooping upon installation of Xposed. To complicate matters, if you submit a bug report with Xposed, things get ugly in the logs... (devs will understand what I mean :p)

There you go @Imotep95 :fingers-crossed:
True.

My two cents here.

• First, this is not an Xposed framework/module thread. If you're spending time with XDA, you will see [ROM] or [MOD] on each thread. The title itself describes the topic.

• Second, non-related questions sometimes are ignored, or probably members share a link to guide them but for the devs who's working on this thread or ROM day & night, they have the right to warn, be mean if it's necessary, because every post here is important to them to see if there's a bug or something that needs to be developed. Considering this is a beta/alpha ROM, and it's very crucial to fix things that aren't supposed to be there. So, nonsense questions is treated as a SPAM.

•Third, if you're a fan or just a user of Xposed, you should be well informed that Xposed framework is not yet available in 7.1. Do a search first and read. Google is just right in the corner. Have you seen any Xposed modules on Play Store or Xposed downloader that is N compatible ready?

•Fourth, CM (CyanogenMod ROMs) or other heavy modified ROMs (AOKP, AICP, SKYDRAGON) has a different framework that can mess up big time with Xposed, that is why some heavy tweaking Xposed modules like Gravitybox highly DON'T recommend their modules on the said ROM's. And again if you're a member of XDA and know such risk, you would know them as well.

• Fifth, asking ETA's or WHEN does this and that is also forbidden. You can check it out on Forum rules for that.

This is only my opinion on that matter though. I love Xposed too. But seeing this ROM performs quite amazing, I can forget Xposed for the meantime.

justinchao740

Oct 11, 2016
Weymouth
I'm basically on no usage. It's an experiment to see what the theoretical limits are for the device, even though it's a few years old now.
Oh OK that makes a lot more sense, no wonder why mine is so much worse than its.

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

True.

My two cents here.

• First, this is not an Xposed framework/module thread. If you're spending time with XDA, you will see [ROM] or [MOD] on each thread. The title itself describes the topic.

• Second, non-related questions sometimes are ignored, or probably members share a link to guide them but for the devs who's working on this thread or ROM day & night, they have the right to warn, be mean if it's necessary, because every post here is important to them to see if there's a bug or something that needs to be developed. Considering this is a beta/alpha ROM, and it's very crucial to fix things that aren't supposed to be there. So, nonsense questions is treated as a SPAM.

•Third, if you're a fan or just a user of Xposed, you should be well informed that Xposed framework is not yet available in 7.1. Do a search first and read. Google is just right in the corner. Have you seen any Xposed modules on Play Store or Xposed downloader that is N compatible ready?

•Fourth, CM (CyanogenMod ROMs) or other heavy modified ROMs (AOKP, AICP, SKYDRAGON) has a different framework that can mess up big time with Xposed, that is why some heavy tweaking Xposed modules like Gravitybox highly DON'T recommend their modules on the said ROM's. And again if you're a member of XDA and know such risk, you would know them as well.

• Fifth, asking ETA's or WHEN does this and that is also forbidden. You can check it out on Forum rules for that.

This is only my opinion on that matter though. I love Xposed too. But seeing this ROM performs quite amazing, I can forget Xposed for the meantime.
Where is that rule? I don't see it in http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?a=81. It may be that I missed it can you tell me

fizbanrapper

Jan 19, 2014
Oh OK that makes a lot more sense, no wonder why mine is so much worse than its.
Crafting the kernel defaults was a task destined for failure from the outset, tbh. Because of the different variants and processor binning, any "perfect" settings I might dial in using my device, would translate into poor battery life on some variants and poor performance on others.

Originally I had more conservative defaults set in the kernel, but some other variants had issues with poor performance, so I bumped the defaults up a bit. The way I prefer to set my device is so that it sleeps like a baby when I'm not using it, but is smooth 90% of the time when I'm actually using the device. I can make it 100%, but I figure if I push it that far, I'm probably burning some battery life needlessly.

The hotplug is aggressive in offlining cores, and you might see that come through in apps that are occasionally slower to install, but the governor ramps up quickly enough that you shouldn't see too many issues with lags in UI. I included a ridiculous OC option at 2.8 GHz, but I rarely ever had it clocked above 1.2. I just never found it necessary. Almost always use smartmax_eps governor, but have also used a tweaked intellimm and a tweaked hellsactive.

m0han

Top Liked Posts