Sense camera on CM 10.2

Search This thread

xartic12

Aug 21, 2012
I recently flashed CM 10.2 on my One and really would like to be able to restore the original sense camera that came with the phone stock.. I downloaded the apk for the Google edition, but it force closes.. Any one have any luck?

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xartic12

Aug 21, 2012

jkDave

Nov 1, 2013
Hopefully they improve the wakelocks, it constantly drains my battery until I force close it.

I obviously understand it's not working, but I would like to be enlightened as to why it wouldn't.

Yea, sorry man it's tied to the sense framework. I did a ton of looking around on how to make it work and it keeps ultimately coming back to this same issue. It can't be done. I flashed over to ARHD just for this reason. I use my camera too often to "settle" for the google version. Catching my toddler with a smile is an act of God so the burst mode shooting just by holding the button is a HUGE help there plus I liked the zoe pics playing in the gallery. Also not to mention the sense cam (in ARHD 31.0 at least) lets you record downscaled for MMS, the latest google cam apk doesn't allow recording in less than 480. So 1-2 sec vids max when you want to share via mms. I recommend looking into ARHD if you liked sense but didn't like all the bloatware.

Reactions: rickballs

CharliesTheMan

These guys pretty much nailed it, for an explanation, it would be like taking a double carb high rise intake manifold from a 60s muscle car, and just snapping it down in place and bolting it up, then closing the stock hood while it's installed.

I know that isn't a good analogy because the intake would be easier to pull off, but it's late and I gotta go to be.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

IamUmpire57

Apr 24, 2012
These guys pretty much nailed it, for an explanation, it would be like taking a double carb high rise intake manifold from a 60s muscle car, and just snapping it down in place and bolting it up, then closing the stock hood while it's installed.

I know that isn't a good analogy because the intake would be easier to pull off, but it's late and I gotta go to be.

With that said, you can try out all the other different cameras available and get much of the same functionality. I use Sony MotionShot for the motion combining shots and Camera Zoom FX for Burst Mode and other effects.

I haven't missed the Sense camera since changing.

jpcdeux

Mar 26, 2010
Laporte, IN

Then this must be a chip foose specialty of engineering magic:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2351965

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CLAWHAMM3R

Jan 20, 2014
Then this must be a chip foose specialty of engineering magic:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2351965

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Just stumbled across this! That is exactly what I needed on my GPE ROMs. The camera was so blurry and terrible I couldn't take it anymore and went back to a sense ROM. Now I just need a working sense TV on a non sense ROM. Left CM and all the CM based mods because I couldn't take the audio quality or the camera.

ledlow

Sep 18, 2010
Just stumbled across this! That is exactly what I needed on my GPE ROMs. The camera was so blurry and terrible I couldn't take it anymore and went back to a sense ROM. Now I just need a working sense TV on a non sense ROM. Left CM and all the CM based mods because I couldn't take the audio quality or the camera.

Thanks for posting I was looking for he same. I missed Sense camera a lot.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Because the sense camera relies on the sense framework.
    Hopefully they improve the wakelocks, it constantly drains my battery until I force close it.

I obviously understand it's not working, but I would like to be enlightened as to why it wouldn't.

Yea, sorry man it's tied to the sense framework. I did a ton of looking around on how to make it work and it keeps ultimately coming back to this same issue. It can't be done. I flashed over to ARHD just for this reason. I use my camera too often to "settle" for the google version. Catching my toddler with a smile is an act of God so the burst mode shooting just by holding the button is a HUGE help there plus I liked the zoe pics playing in the gallery. Also not to mention the sense cam (in ARHD 31.0 at least) lets you record downscaled for MMS, the latest google cam apk doesn't allow recording in less than 480. So 1-2 sec vids max when you want to share via mms. I recommend looking into ARHD if you liked sense but didn't like all the bloatware.