[Q] HTC One X not connecting to my Laptop Hotspot

Search This thread

kapilg89

Dec 16, 2013
Pune
Hello everyone,

I have a broadband wired connection at home on my laptop (Lenovo GT570) and i tried to use the ad hoc wireless connection to make it a wireless router. But where my nokia N97 device searched and connected to my laptop hotspot, my HTC one x could not search not connect to my laptop.
I used every kind of security key like WPA WEP etc....

Even my phone doesnt connect to some smaller android versions like gingerbread, when tried to connect to their wifi hotspot.
I know that Android would not connect to Joiku Hotspot in my Nokia N97 due to android security issues.

Please Help to find a way to connect to my laptop wifi hotspot as well as to the older android versions.

Thanks in advance

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Please provide more information. Do you have the HTC One X (Endeavoru) or the HTC One XL /at&t One X (Evita)? What are your bootloader details? Is the phone modified? If so, what ROM and kernel are you running?

Sent from my Evita

kapilg89

Dec 16, 2013
Pune
Please provide more information. Do you have the HTC One X (Endeavoru) or the HTC One XL /at&t One X (Evita)? What are your bootloader details? Is the phone modified? If so, what ROM and kernel are you running?

Sent from my Evita

My phone is not modified. While it was running on the old version of JB it was working fine but as I updated it to JB 4.2.2 this issue started.
I think its a software issue. meanwhile my phone is not rooted either. And how to find whether my phone is one x (endeavoru)/XL/(Evita)? I am a little newbie in it..

Thanks