Outgoing call quality

Search This thread

FranzDages

Oct 16, 2011
Shoals, IN
LG Velvet
Google Pixel 6
My girlfriend just upgraded from an S3 to an S5. Since then, the call quality on my end has been extremely bad. She is almost not understandable at times. This is worse when she calls my cell phone, but also happens on land lines. Not having had a chance to look in to this issue, I was curious if there were any settings that could possibly remedy this. I'll be seeing her in a couple days, and want to swap phones with her and let her hear what I'm hearing. However, if there is an easy fix I would like to be able to implement it then.
I'm not sure if root has been gained on this phone, but I'm pretty sure that she wouldn't be terribly interested in rooting or doing any other serious modifications. If this is an issue nobody else has, I'll probably suggest she take the phone back and get a new one.
Any help would be appreciated.

Skynyrd420

Jun 25, 2011
wichita
Idk where you are located, but my s5 was getting nothing but pretty wonky 3g and horrible calls for like 2-3 days straight, woke up this morning and everything was peachy .... wichita ks area. .. .... yes, we DO have 4g in ks... we are also nearing the end of bell bottom jeans and pretty close to getting cd players in all new cars brought into the state. ..

beav3r

bagery77

Dec 7, 2009
My girlfriend just upgraded from an S3 to an S5. Since then, the call quality on my end has been extremely bad. She is almost not understandable at times. This is worse when she calls my cell phone, but also happens on land lines. Not having had a chance to look in to this issue, I was curious if there were any settings that could possibly remedy this. I'll be seeing her in a couple days, and want to swap phones with her and let her hear what I'm hearing. However, if there is an easy fix I would like to be able to implement it then.
I'm not sure if root has been gained on this phone, but I'm pretty sure that she wouldn't be terribly interested in rooting or doing any other serious modifications. If this is an issue nobody else has, I'll probably suggest she take the phone back and get a new one.
Any help would be appreciated.

My dad has this problem. He has an S3 mini and I had an S3, so I was pretty familiar with the setup. I did the research and found at least two things we could try. I can't remember one of them as I don't think it helped (might have been turning off Noise Reduction in Call Settings). Funny thing was that when I looked it up, only left handed people had the problem. Apparently, they were covering the mics with their pinkies. I think the mic has shifted sides now. Check and see how she's holding it. If she's right handed, her pinky could sit right over the mic to steady the phone. My dad still has this problem...when he forgets he's covering the mic with his finger.

OdieHD

May 22, 2014
the call quality on my end has been extremely bad. She is almost not understandable at times. .

I seem to be having the same issue. I've had folks tell me that they are only getting every 2nd or 3rd word when using the regular mic or speaker. However, when I use bluetooth, there are no issues. Seems like a microphone issue but cannot seem to find anyone else with this but you.